IGNORED

Hartley Transfer Listed Rumour.

screech

Seems to have gone missing from here, anyway, BB spoke to GT yesterday and said there was a rumour going around at the gate that Hartley has handed in a transfer request.

If this is true I am gutted, probably the best midfielder we have had since the 70's, a class act on the pitch and surely this is the type of player who would be perfect for the youngsters to learn from. Our playoff hopes would take a serious dent if we lose this player, hopefully it is just a rumour though.

My gripe is that this post has seemingly been removed, i think started by Robbored?

Surely this is a Bristol City forum to discuss Bristol City things and if that isn't the case anymore can I suggest the admin make it perfectly clear that you can't indeed post rumours anymore.

As far as I can see this is not an legal issue, it is just a rumour. Is the forum to be an independent forum or is the club going to monitor this and pull up any story they don't like, if this is the case I suggest you stop asking for donations and let the club fund it. Then they can service the cost themselves and be in charge of the content that is to be allowed and not allowed.

Seems to have gone missing from here, anyway, BB spoke to GT yesterday and said there was a rumour going around at the gate that Hartley has handed in a transfer request.

If this is true I am gutted, probably the best midfielder we have had since the 70's, a class act on the pitch and surely this is the type of player who would be perfect for the youngsters to learn from. Our playoff hopes would take a serious dent if we lose this player, hopefully it is just a rumour though.

My gripe is that this post has seemingly been removed, i think started by Robbored?

Surely this is a Bristol City forum to discuss Bristol City things and if that isn't the case anymore can I suggest the admin make it perfectly clear that you can't indeed post rumours anymore.

As far as I can see this is not an legal issue, it is just a rumour. Is the forum to be an independent forum or is the club going to monitor this and pull up any story they don't like, if this is the case I suggest you stop asking for donations and let the club fund it. Then they can service the cost themselves and be in charge of the content that is to be allowed and not allowed.

You're right because Paul Hartley is the best midfielder we've had since the likes of Gerry Gow in the 1970's. Paul Hartley should have played the whole game yesterday because as soon as he came on for Lee Johnson in the second half we looked to be a far better footballing side.

Regardless of the forum Stazi...can anyone shed any light on this...Does anyone KNOW if a Paul Hartley transfer request is fact or fiction.

You're right because Paul Hartley is the best midfielder we've had since the likes of Gerry Gow in the 1970's. Paul Hartley should have played the whole game yesterday because as soon as he came on for Lee Johnson in the second half we looked to be a far better footballing side.

You're right in a sense, but Wednesday should (and would without Gerken) have scored four goals in the second half, so let's not pretend that Hartley single-handedly made everything better because we were dreadful after we scored.

It has nothing to do with the rumour. It's the way the thread decended. I may attempt to clear it up and put it back when I get a second.

To restore faith in this forum I strongly advise that you do that. I read through the topic just before it was pulled, and but for certain posters making potentially libellous comments that other people had lied on local radio, I can't see at all what was wrong with the topic. Needless to say that person making those claims was almost certainly not the reason it was closed. It is actually absurd that the topic was shut down, and entirely unjustifiable.

You're right in a sense, but Wednesday should (and would without Gerken) have scored four goals in the second half, so let's not pretend that Hartley single-handedly made everything better because we were dreadful after we scored.

But for two quality last ditch challenges and an inexplicable pass back to Deano by Varney ( i think) we could have been 3 down by half time.

But, Lets not forget that Wednesday were on the pitch as well and they really wanted it and pushed us back before equalizing.

Agree about Hartley but while we were on top ( for 15mins :winner_third_h4h: ) everything flowed through him.

We didnt play well, as GJ has stated, are not in form but are sitting 5th, unbeaten in 6 and at home since last December.

:city:

Re the thread closing,

I would have been tempted myself if i was a mod, but only because RR winds me up to, which is not good enough though understandable.

Perhaps this is why Edson has gone because he couldn't stand RR anymore and it was affecting his judgment as a mod?

re moderation generally, the rules are fairly clear and there are other forums where you may post what you wish.

What would you do if Lee Johnson was picked in front of you? It was obvious by the amount of effort and ground he covered that Paul hartley was fit yesterday. Terrible decision not to start him.

I would chuck my dummy out and go crying to my mum. :innocent06:

Hartley will start next game and remain in the side unless we have sat-tue-sat again.

I would chuck my dummy out and go crying to my mum. :innocent06:

Hartley will start next game and remain in the side unless we have sat-tue-sat again.

Yes Hartley will start the next game - a tough one away at Forest and then another tough one away at Albion. We could quite easily get nothing from those two games and by then all the LJ lovers will be back one here with the "I told you so rubbish" and he will be restored to the team for a couple of very winnable home games. How convenient.

Of course I could be completely wrong (And i hope i am) as it is virtually impossible to predict any City results at the moment!!!!

Yes Hartley will start the next game - a tough one away at Forest and then another tough one away at Albion. We could quite easily get nothing from those two games and by then all the LJ lovers will be back one here with the "I told you so rubbish" and he will be restored to the team for a couple of very winnable home games. How convenient.

Of course I could be completely wrong (And i hope i am) as it is virtually impossible to predict any City results at the moment!!!!

Give it 10 mins and Riaz will be on here defending LJ. :noexpression:

Kibs, honestly, do you REALLY believe that GJ picks LJ simply because he is his son? And that GJ is undertaking to make his

son look good by not picking him for tricky games?

There are NO LJ lovers on here BTW but there are plenty of posters, me included, who dont like the bile and bitterness that comes his way.

Kibs, honestly, do you REALLY believe that GJ picks LJ simply because he is his son? And that GJ is undertaking to make his

son look good by not picking him for tricky games?

There are NO LJ lovers on here BTW but there are plenty of posters, me included, who dont like the bile and bitterness that comes his way.

Okay, I dont believe that GJ picks LJ simply because he is his son, I just think he believes him to be alot better than he actually is.

And no I dont think he is undertaking to make his son look good by not picking him for tricky games, I just wouldnt be surprised if thats how it worked out.

I dont think anyone is bitter towards LJ, He comes across as a very down to earth, really nice bloke actually. I think it is more frustration at his old man for picking him when in my opinion, there are better players sat on the bench. But......It is only my opinion.

Okay, I dont believe that GJ picks LJ simply because he is his son, I just think he believes him to be alot better than he actually is.

And no I dont think he is undertaking to make his son look good by not picking him for tricky games, I just wouldnt be surprised if thats how it worked out.

I dont think anyone is bitter towards LJ, He comes across as a very down to earth, really nice bloke actually. I think it is more frustration at his old man for picking him when in my opinion, there are better players sat on the bench. But......It is only my opinion.

Have you been watching the players in training all week? What if Hartley has had a mare in training or lacking fitness? It winds me up when people critisise team selection when they obviously are in no position to judge.

Absolutely agree as would most on here who are supposed Lj lovers or whatever.

Have you been watching the players in training all week? What if Hartley has had a mare in training or lacking fitness? It winds me up when people critisise team selection when they obviously are in no position to judge.

So what are you saying? That we are not allowed to have an opinion on team selection unless we have watched them train all week?

Unfortunately I dont have the benefit of watching them train all week so can therefore only base my opinions on what I have seen for myself - and from what I have seen myself I am of the opinion that I personally would pick Paul Hartley ahead of Lee Johnson. Is that not what football and forums are all about? Opinions? It would be boring if we all thought the same.

We have looked pretty turgid in home games, no width, and midfield not commanding. Against Plymouth, we finally clicked with Williams and Sproule wide, and Hartley and Skuse in the middle. The combined pace of Sproule, Maynard and Haynes creating a lot of problems, and Skuse and Hartley really dominating the central area, and giving good defensive cover. Despite the result at Barnsley, bringing in the out-of-sorts Elliott and lightweight Johnson made little sense, and pretending he was suddenly 'rotating' the midfield was an insult to our intelligence. I have seen most games this season, and Skuse and Hartley have been our best midfielders by a long way, so the logic for leaving them out is strange.

Amazingly, having GJ's 3 favourites in situ, the rotation policy ends, Skuse moves to right back (If Ribiero is fit, I would suggest he moves on if he wants first team football!), and once again, the old problems surface. Not sure with Sno, he does lose the ball far too easily, and far too often, and might be better as a sub for he time being.

It's odd really, we are dull, throwing away home points, have an odd selection policy, and yet are 5th - What could we achieve with a bit of width and not letting other teams dominate in the last 20/30 minutes at home. And looking at how tight the Division is, what would happen if we lost Maynard for a few games?

We have looked pretty turgid in home games, no width, and midfield not commanding. Against Plymouth, we finally clicked with Williams and Sproule wide, and Hartley and Skuse in the middle. The combined pace of Sproule, Maynard and Haynes creating a lot of problems, and Skuse and Hartley really dominating the central area, and giving good defensive cover. Despite the result at Barnsley, bringing in the out-of-sorts Elliott and lightweight Johnson made little sense, and pretending he was suddenly 'rotating' the midfield was an insult to our intelligence. I have seen most games this season, and Skuse and Hartley have been our best midfielders by a long way, so the logic for leaving them out is strange.

Amazingly, having GJ's 3 favourites in situ, the rotation policy ends, Skuse moves to right back (If Ribiero is fit, I would suggest he moves on if he wants first team football!), and once again, the old problems surface. Not sure with Sno, he does lose the ball far too easily, and far too often, and might be better as a sub for he time being.

It's odd really, we are dull, throwing away home points, have an odd selection policy, and yet are 5th - What could we achieve with a bit of width and not letting other teams dominate in the last 20/30 minutes at home. And looking at how tight the Division is, what would happen if we lost Maynard for a few games?

Spot on and pretty much what I was saying last week and getting shot down for it. Glad there are others that agree with me.

ph has put a request in.

he aproached carey 1st and put is point to him.

its genuine, fact is hartley is better than lee j, his problem is city play through the middle and ph is well suited, needs less time, quicker feet ect ect, noble was far better than lee j in this role and hes gone.

ph has put a request in.

he aproached carey 1st and put is point to him.

its genuine, fact is hartley is better than lee j, his problem is city play through the middle and ph is well suited, needs less time, quicker feet ect ect, noble was far better than lee j in this role and hes gone.

Leadman - you seem pretty sure chap, where did you hear this?

I really hope its not true - just for the safety of Otib if nothing else.

Archived