IGNORED

Hartley Transfer Listed Rumour.

screech

TO be fair, he said it was a rumour he'd heard, and in no way did he say that it was true or that he had any knowledge. I think bringing this stuff up is a little unnecessary.

Sorry but that is not correct Luke. What he actually said was he had been told Hartley had put in a transfer request by someone who had given him accurate information in the past. He was definitely trying to give the impression he had inside information.

It was a shame because up til that point I was thinking 'what an intelligent caller' but some people have to go beyond being a clever analyst and claim special knowledge. Why????

Well_red

Garlicbread I can see where your coming from and if I was an employee I would probably not be so condiscending, as I'm not I'll post in my own way, my problem is the utter nonsense some people post on here and state as fact, as for lording it over you ordinarys, behave ,how condiscending is that statement.

You certainly give the impression you are in the know, so that being the case accepted by most on here, that makes you anything but ordinary, and if you are so well connected, then combined with the fact you are clearly a Gary Johnson rather than Bristol City fan, your responses to genuine fans like Nibor are out of order and smack of lording it over those who merely guess at what's going on.

People disagree on here all the time and i'm sure nearly everyone was massively concerned about the PH rumours, but equally hoped it was untrue - that being the case, anyone on here stating it as a fact wouldn't be believed by the vast majority.

The club tells us what the club wants us to know - whether thats good or bad, true or false it makes no difference because it makes us the same as every other club.

People will use their own judgement on what posters and the club say on any given subject and make their own mind up.

Incidentally, will you support BCFC when GJ eventually leaves or will you tag along with Gary?

Guest AJ Sylvester
TO be fair, he said it was a rumour he'd heard, and in no way did he say that it was true or that he had any knowledge. I think bringing this stuff up is a little unnecessary.

But if you're going to take a rumour from the pub and then call up the radio with the intention of airing it to thousands in the public domain I think you need to take a fair amount of responsibility for your comments / the rumour. You're not only spreading it but taking it to an entirely new (and significant) audience.

Remember you're a) talking about someone's career and b) stirring things at a club you're supposed to support.

He just can't help himself - there's no point to it.

Sigh........... It was a comment on the fact that the poster claimed that lots of people can't be wrong. That's not the case - lots of people can be wrong - just because a large number of people agree on something does not make it right. The example was the election of Hitler by the German people - there are many others I could use.

I'm surprised I have to explain that to you Bully.

Guest Red Cell
LJ had played well in previous games. He started.

He didn't play well against Wednesday. He got subbed.

So you got what you want. Now perhaps back the team and stop stirring? Just a thought, like.

You're a joke. I find it unbelievable that you're trying to get me to not air my opinion, who do you think you are? Grow up FFS.

By the way no i didn't get what i wanted, if i'd got what i wanted he wouldn't have been anywhere near ashton gate on saturday, never mind starting and playing half a game. Lee Johnson was a good player for us 3 or 4 years ago (that said, even then i was happier when Russell or Noble were in the team instead of him) but as we have advanced beyond the limit of his talent, he has become a not so good player for us, who now (sadly for his dad and the rest of the johnson family and friends, all of whom seem to be posters on here by the way) must leave.

This forum is like *unacceptable word* Germany in the late 1930's but with none of the menace. Very funny.

Sigh........... It was a comment on the fact that the poster claimed that lots of people can't be wrong. That's not the case - lots of people can be wrong - just because a large number of people agree on something does not make it right. The example was the election of Hitler by the German people - there are many others I could use.

I'm surprised I have to explain that to you Bully.

You don't have to explain ****all to me - I know you don't watch games but try to keep football related threads going along on football lines eh?

Guest AJ Sylvester
You're a joke. I find it unbelievable that you're trying to get me to not air my opinion, who do you think you are? Grow up FFS.

By the way no i didn't get what i wanted, if i'd got what i wanted he wouldn't have been anywhere near ashton gate on saturday, never mind starting and playing half a game. Lee Johnson was a good player for us 3 or 4 years ago (that said, even then i was happier when Russell or Noble were in the team instead of him) but as we have advanced beyond the limit of his talent, he has become a not so good player for us, who now (sadly for his dad and the rest of the johnson family and friends, all of whom seem to be posters on here by the way) must leave.

This forum is like *unacceptable word* Germany in the late 1930's but with none of the menace. Very funny.

I'm a joke? Ironic because I find your latest post very funny - I think a little bit of wee came out.

You came on and told everyone exactly who you think the best XI is. I dared to mention that Carey DID start (so GJ did what you wanted, and considering Fonts is out injured you can't blame him for having McCombe in when two other centre-backs out). I also dared to mention that LJ started on the back of some good performances. I wouldn't have started with him either but you can at least admit that he started on the back of some decent performances. When he played badly he was subbed?

So having picked that starting XI, for reasons you can at least understand if not agree with, what do you want GJ to do? Flog LJ as he comes off the pitch? Get on the PA and say "I'm so so sorry for the terrible things I have done?".

I did not try to stop you airing your opinion I simply challenged it. If you can't accept that on a forum I seriously suggest you don't come on here. Or perhaps you think your posts should never be challenged? Very *unacceptable word* indeed!

You seem totally unable to accept that some people don't think LJ is as awful as you do. I'd start Hartley ahead of him but I'm not going to give Gary or Lee the kind of stick many on here do because both have done well for us and both have worked exceptionally hard for us. LJ had a poor game on Sat but there are far worse players in this division.

It's very possible that some people wouldn't want you anywhere near the ground on Saturday but hey, we accept your right to come without giving you huge amounts of abuse on forums after every game.

Peace out.

Lee Johnson was a good player for us 3 or 4 years ago (that said, even then i was happier when Russell or Noble were in the team instead of him) but as we have advanced beyond the limit of his talent, he has become a not so good player for us.

100% correct pal, that sounds like a very large hammer hitting smack on the top of the nail..........................

Red Cell - calm down pal, when you are right forget the critics!

I did not renew my season ticket for me and son this year as I am sick of travelling a 200 mile round trip to watch LJ play in front of far better players (IMHO). thats my choice and I suspect I am not alone.

I love GJ and forgive him his pops at the crowd and the likes of me on here (I am not a boo boy when I do come along as a pay on the day merchant), but feel relaxed enough to come on here and air my views!

As the bloke said on the radio saturday, it is almost certainly in EVERYONES (including Lee's) interest that he is given a huge golden thank you pay out and asked to go to anothe good club were he will not play under the spotlight of his dad as manager.

Sorry to butt in but in my opinion LJ is not fit to lace Hartley's boots. I would put Harts along with Skuse, Sno, Williams, Marv infront of LJ. The reason LJ gets sticks is that so many supporters feel that LJ is simply not good enougth. That is a fact in my opinion. The bottom line is that GJ adds fuel to the fire by picking his son over better players including Hartley. Now we cant all be wrong and nothing against LJ, he does not pick the side, but when your are clearly not up to the job then you are going to have to expect to get some shit. Once GJ picks on form then he will again in my oponion deserve respect, untill that time, if he is going to pick his son he needs to justify it to us paying supporters.

Do other people notice a trend with the 'LJ bashers'?

Do other people notice a trend with the 'LJ bashers'?

That they all dont rate him? That they all think Paul Hartley is better than him? :dunno:

Ive never known a player to divide a support the way Lee Johnson has. I often wonder if it would be best for all concerned if he were to move on in january because this will NEVER be settled.

Look, i don't think its rocket science that Hartley is a better player than LJ; they played together at Hearts when PH was the fulcrum of that side and LJ was most certainly not. Hartley has played Champions League football and LJ has not. The list goes on and on, so I don't know why people are getting worked up about people bashing him; its happened for years and will continue to happen until he leaves the club

Whats really getting my goat here is that everyone is proclaiming the rotation system to be a fraud because they've analysed the last 3 games! Has anyone considered that GJ was maybe taking a slightly longer-term view of things (well, at least 1 week ahead to the Forest game) and trying to keep PH's 'powder' dry for a tough away trip to a good side? Fair enough its back fired as we didn't win, but the logic is still sound. LJ (while not MoM) had a decent game against Barnsley and maybe GJ thought he could rest Hartley for one more game after a decent display by the mdfield and the visit of a team who'd been tonked 4-1 the previous weekend

A rotation policy should span a whole season and remembering how poor we've been in the second half of the previous 2 seasons, if we can keep Hartley fresh for the real business end of the season then thats fine by me

More knee jerks than a Can-Can line on this forum....

That they all dont rate him? That they all think Paul Hartley is better than him? :dunno:

Ive never known a player to divide a support the way Lee Johnson has. I often wonder if it would be best for all concerned if he were to move on in january because this will NEVER be settled.

nope they will only move on to someone else- thankfully LJ seems to have backbone

nope they will only move on to someone else- thankfully LJ seems to have backbone

I am not wishing to be unpleasant but where else in the Championship would Lee Johnson be selected week in week out.I think it is more to do with that that any backbone LJ might or might not have.

I am not wishing to be unpleasant but where else in the Championship would Lee Johnson be selected week in week out.I think it is more to do with that that any backbone LJ might or might not have.

That's an impossible question to answer. In the same way I could ask where else in the Championship would Basso be selected week in week out - as he was last season. Seeing as we have had no bids for him since his transfer request I guess you could say no-where. But what does that prove - does it mean that he shouldn't have been playing last season?

That's an impossible question to answer. In the same way I could ask where else in the Championship would Basso be selected week in week out - as he was last season. Seeing as we have had no bids for him since his transfer request I guess you could say no-where. But what does that prove - does it mean that he shouldn't have been playing last season?

You make a reasoned point, but i would say I am pretty sure we can all remember numerious occassions when Basso and this Season Gerkin have significantly influenced games that have one points. I'm not sure that there is a similar back catalogue for Lee Johnson.

Actually probably quite a few teams would start him week in and week out and I would be amazed if we dont find out exactly who soon as this cant go on.

The boy is a good player. I read somewhere he completed more telling passes than any other midfielder in the division last season. However he cant seem to catch a break here and he and his dad (and mum) must know this by now.

All the usual crap was spouted about LJ starting at Barnsley however we won and he kept his place against Wednesday...that all seems pretty clear to me...

But I would suggest there is so much pressure on the lad at home its really not worth playing him at AG purely for the sake of the boy's own sanity...and mine...

I can't believe this thread is still going, I'd have thought all those involved in this rumour should have crawled away thoroughly ashamed of themselves by now. But, oh I see it's turned itself into another excuse to continue to bash one of our players.....

but we're Bristol City, we always beleive!!!

I can't believe this thread is still going, I'd have thought all those involved in this rumour should have crawled away thoroughly ashamed of themselves by now. But, oh I see it's turned itself into another excuse to continue to bash one of our players.....

Amen to that Chaplain, what a load of old codswallop it really is.

Don't come on here as often as I used to but wish I could stay away!

Whole place seems full of whingers, no-hopers, gasheads, glass empty numpties and ........

Having been a fan for years, the jonny-come-latelies seem to have forgotten that we are higher than we have been for most of the last 30 years.

I am not a happy clapper but surely being a supporter is all about being there through thick and thin. When it gets really bad (like it did when some of us spoke with the management after Brentford away all those years ago) then action is necessary. We are NOT in dire straits like then-far from it!!!

All this constant backbiting, infighting and girly scratching does MY team no good.

Grow up FFS. Stop bitching.

Support our team.

If ever they needed our support, it is now, tomorrow and always!!!

Don't come on here as often as I used to but wish I could stay away!

Whole place seems full of whingers, no-hopers, gasheads, glass empty numpties and ........

Having been a fan for years, the jonny-come-latelies seem to have forgotten that we are higher than we have been for most of the last 30 years.

I am not a happy clapper but surely being a supporter is all about being there through thick and thin. When it gets really bad (like it did when some of us spoke with the management after Brentford away all those years ago) then action is necessary. We are NOT in dire straits like then-far from it!!!

All this constant backbiting, infighting and girly scratching does MY team no good.

Grow up FFS. Stop bitching.

Support our team.

If ever they needed our support, it is now, tomorrow and always!!!

Fair play to you mate - 100% spot on.

Archived