IGNORED

Hartley Transfer Listed Rumour.

screech

Guest AJ Sylvester
The person that put it on the radio also made a right mug of themselves in the summer saying that a certain player was going to sign.................

enlighten me

So you're you believe a rumour that came from no verified source, but you won't believe the explanation.

I can almost see the logic there, honest.

No, I don't believe the rumour. I described it as the usual BS on another thread. I just don't see why this yessir is seen as some all-knowing deity by some on here.

Carey started and came off with injury. I think he's not started one game when fit and ended up coming on very early in that game anyway.

Out of the 17 matches we have started with both of them on 3 occasions.

Plymouth match he came on after 30 minutes and our defence became a lot more solid.

On saturday Hartley came on at half time and our midfield looked more coordinated and chances came, Carey goes off and the defence lacks leadership.

Preston Match 2-0 up - hartley off on 75 mins - final result 2-2.

S****horpe 1-0 up - hartley comes off on 84 mins - final result 1-1.

Saturday's match if Carey wasnt injured, GJ said he was going to go for a 4-4-2, come 4-3-3 and that would have necessitated a change Nyatanga/Carey/McCombe - GJ said Carey wanted to continue and I accept GJ's choice in that but it did sound like he was going to take Carey off anyway - I might intrepretting wrongly but that is what it seemed.

All I'm saying is that Carey and Hartley bring coordination and leadership to their units, without them there appears to be a lack of leaders on the pitch and I would just like GJ to tell us/me what he feels about leaders on the pitch - I probably know what he will say - they're all leaders but I disagree and it needs work on.

No, I don't believe the rumour. I described it as the usual BS on another thread. I just don't see why this yessir is seen as some all-knowing deity by some on here.

It's fairly clear from yessir's past posts s/he has a connection to GJ and gets inside info, but as you say it's also equally clear that yessir is a big GJ fan so I wouldn't count on getting more than one side of any story from them.

It's fairly clear from yessir's past posts s/he has a connection to GJ and gets inside info, but as you say it's also equally clear that yessir is a big GJ fan so I wouldn't count on getting more than one side of any story from them.

Let me educate you nibor, I could put to bed every rumour on here whether they are correct or not, but then there would be no point to a forum. The only time I post now is when a thread is so stupid I feel I have to comment, whether you believe me or not is irrelevant because I see you as irrelevant, you try and potray yourself as the voice of reason but I detect a little bit of bitterness, don't know why just my opinion albeit a one sided opinion. These are my views not GJ's or the clubs.

Let me educate you nibor, I could put to bed every rumour on here whether they are correct or not, but then there would be no point to a forum. The only time I post now is when a thread is so stupid I feel I have to comment, whether you believe me or not is irrelevant because I see you as irrelevant, you try and potray yourself as the voice of reason but I detect a little bit of bitterness, don't know why just my opinion albeit a one sided opinion. These are my views not GJ's or the clubs.

I don't think you read what I posted, I am not doubting your accuracy. But equally you are clearly not unbiased.

I don't try and portray myself as anything sorry, I just post my views. Sometimes they're positive, sometimes they're critical.

I'd suggest the tone you read into them stems from your loyalties really.

For example I think picking LJ over Hartley was a shit decision, but I think GJ has made great signing this summer.

I don't think you read what I posted, I am not doubting your accuracy. But equally you are clearly not unbiased.

I don't try and portray myself as anything sorry, I just post my views. Sometimes they're positive, sometimes they're critical.

I'd suggest the tone you read into them stems from your loyalties really.

For example I think picking LJ over Hartley was a shit decision, but I think GJ has made great signing this summer.

negative followed by a positive good lad keep it up

ph has put a request in.

he aproached carey 1st and put is point to him.

its genuine, fact is hartley is better than lee j, his problem is city play through the middle and ph is well suited, needs less time, quicker feet ect ect, noble was far better than lee j in this role and hes gone.

C'mon people lets use those Bullshitometers yeah? :disapointed2se:

This is embarrassing. Sort of stuff you might read in the Star or , god forbid, the Evil post ( who will probably print it now its all over). :winner_third_h4h:

If you're going to rotate Hartley out after a very good game against Plymouth it is extremely inconsistent to then immediately revert to "player keeps shirt" for the next game.

Not at all. If you're rested and played well last game, you keep the shirt.

Whether it's a good rule or not is another question.

When has Hartley played worse than LJ?

They rarely play together. I seem to recall the last time they did, Hartley had a duff one and LJ was reasonable.

If you think rotating Hartley out and then not rotating him back in isn't dropping him that's a definition I don't agree with and I suspect the player will consider that to be dropped - that's what counts.

If LJ hadn't started, GJ would have dropped the MoM in the last game. That's dropped. Not missing a game cos the game who replaced you when you were rested won MoM.

Marvin would be on the bench for me and my three would be Hartley, Sno and Skuse. I'd actually pick Williams before LJ to cover for either Hartley or Sno because his all round game is far better IMO and Elliot to cover for Skuse on form at the moment.

Well we all know you and others don't rate LJ. We all know he gets scapegoated for at least a third of what goes wrong on the pitch. There's even a running joke about it on this forum.

If it was Skuse taking Hartley's shirt, you wouldn't be making a fuss about it. Heck this thread wouldn't even exist. And that really is the bottom line.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree with you that Marv had been poor for a long while and Skuse should get his shirt.

Hartley could have probably exerted more influence there and I think the whole team could have done better. In what way would LJ have been better though?

LJ is much fitter and hence can support counter attacks. He's probably more likely to score too. He helps the team keep shape, something we suffered from hugely after ~65 mins.

Is Hartley better than LJ when in form? Probably. Has he done enough to justify automatic selection above Marv, Skuse, LJ and Williams? Not even close.

Portland Bill - I've seen Sno play a lot now. He is almost impossible to tackle, is a great tackler himself, perfect target man, can pass, dribble, score and head the ball. We will be kicking ourselves if we don't sign him - I'd pay up to £3m.

[quote name='mindjuicer' date='Nov 2 2009, 9:27 PM' post='1157676'

LJ is much fitter and hence can support counter attacks. He's probably more likely to score too. He helps the team keep shape, something we suffered from hugely after ~65 mins.

LJ averages two goals a season and Hartley has already got one. How do you know that he's fitter that Hartley? LJ has been a victim of the virus to.

Is Hartley better than LJ when in form? Probably. Has he done enough to justify automatic selection above Marv, Skuse, LJ and Williams? Not even close.

Can't agree there. Hartley is a classy player, he picks passes with accuracy, tackles well and he and Skuse in the middle have looked the most solid pairing so far. How you can say he's not even close is unbelievable,.

/quote]

negative followed by a positive good lad keep it up

FFS, can you be a bit more condiscending?

I have no problem with you with you occasionlly turning up with your grassopper ways and lording it over us ordinarys...I welcome the insight that you sometimes bring.

But to me it shows a lack of class when employees feel the need to come onto a 'fans forum' and have a go at supporters like this...it makes me nervous that all is not well upstairs, if you know what I mean

FFS, can you be a bit more condiscending?

I have no problem with you with you occasionlly turning up with your grassopper ways and lording it over us ordinarys...I welcome the insight that you sometimes bring.

But to me it shows a lack of class when employees feel the need to come onto a 'fans forum' and have a go at supporters like this...it makes me nervous that all is not well upstairs, if you know what I mean

Garlicbread I can see where your coming from and if I was an employee I would probably not be so condiscending, as I'm not I'll post in my own way, my problem is the utter nonsense some people post on here and state as fact, as for lording it over you ordinarys, behave ,how condiscending is that statement.

Garlicbread I can see where your coming from and if I was an employee I would probably not be so condiscending, as I'm not I'll post in my own way, my problem is the utter nonsense some people post on here and state as fact, as for lording it over you ordinarys, behave ,how condiscending is that statement.

Was just making the point.

I didnt realise you werent on the payroll, which puts things into a different light. Apologies

I get the fraustration the inner circle must have with the RRs of this world, but hehe is the 000.1% fan that I'm sure all forums have...

We aint all keybard warriors posting relentless bile, nor is Nibor....bit pessimistic sometimes like all fans. The ironic thing is that I still dont know a single soul who wants Johnson out...I'm sure you can all find solace in that.

This rumour is rubbish.

At the end of the day someone has totally made this rubbish up and someone else has decided to put it out on in the public on the radio.

It was always totally unfounded, has ended up with City fans worried that a good player is about to leave, has put that player in an awkward situation, made his teammates worry that there may be a problem and it's just because a couple of fans can't help but pretend to know something that they don't.

Those fans can take 5 minutes now to ask themselves:

- is it really fair that I mess with and create rumours about someone elses career?

- would I want my work colleagues and boss to hear that you'd asked to leave even if you haven't?

- do you think you've helped the club in any way by talking such rubbish?

Funny Thing...The rumour I heard around the Dolman was Mr Hartley had walked out on training on Friday. So I was suprised to hear it had been upgraded by Ian to a full transfer request on radio Brizz by 5:15.

Hey ho...Yessir has spoken and that will do me...Can we concentrate on Notts Forest now?

Sorry to butt in but in my opinion LJ is not fit to lace Hartley's boots. I would put Harts along with Skuse, Sno, Williams, Marv infront of LJ. The reason LJ gets sticks is that so many supporters feel that LJ is simply not good enougth. That is a fact in my opinion. The bottom line is that GJ adds fuel to the fire by picking his son over better players including Hartley. Now we cant all be wrong and nothing against LJ, he does not pick the side, but when your are clearly not up to the job then you are going to have to expect to get some shit. Once GJ picks on form then he will again in my oponion deserve respect, untill that time, if he is going to pick his son he needs to justify it to us paying supporters.

LJ averages two goals a season and Hartley has already got one. How do you know that he's fitter that Hartley? LJ has been a victim of the virus to.

Hartley's goal was a pen, and I can remember LJ having a good few pops at goal recently, Hartley hasn't had so many. Hartley is in his 30's so will be naturally on the decline as far as fitness is concerned, LJ is in his peak at 27-28, and anyway he has to be very fit to be a center midfield player.

Sorry to butt in but in my opinion LJ is not fit to lace Hartley's boots. I would put Harts along with Skuse, Sno, Williams, Marv infront of LJ. The reason LJ gets sticks is that so many supporters feel that LJ is simply not good enougth. That is a fact in my opinion. The bottom line is that GJ adds fuel to the fire by picking his son over better players including Hartley. Now we cant all be wrong and nothing against LJ, he does not pick the side, but when your are clearly not up to the job then you are going to have to expect to get some shit. Once GJ picks on form then he will again in my oponion deserve respect, untill that time, if he is going to pick his son he needs to justify it to us paying supporters.

That's what the German's said about Hitler I think.

Was just making the point.

I didnt realise you werent on the payroll, which puts things into a different light. Apologies

I get the fraustration the inner circle must have with the RRs of this world, but hehe is the 000.1% fan that I'm sure all forums have...

We aint all keybard warriors posting relentless bile, nor is Nibor....bit pessimistic sometimes like all fans. The ironic thing is that I still dont know a single soul who wants Johnson out...I'm sure you can all find solace in that.

point taken cheers

Got to laugh when people on here who claim insider knowledge get comprehensively cleaned out by yessir.

As for the bloke on Radio Bristol who peddled the same rubbish on Saturday - I seem to remember him flouncing out of this forum a while ago because someone dared to disagree with one of his 'match reports'.

Well_red

How do you know that he's fitter that Hartley? LJ has been a victim of the virus to.

Cos Hartly pants after 75 mins on his 2nd game of the week. LJ legs it up field at 80 mins in his 3rd. And LJ had swine flu. Dunno what Hartley had.

Can't agree there. Hartley is a classy player, he picks passes with accuracy, tackles well and he and Skuse in the middle have looked the most solid pairing so far. How you can say he's not even close is unbelievable.

Except I included Skuse in the comparison. You're so busy panning LJ, you didn't notice.

OK we can all agree that Hartley is the better player but what we have to get though to some fans is we have a squad that has to be used its not a first 11 any more and wasn't the season we went up - if Hartley can be best utilised in some harder games to make sure he is still fit at the end of the season then surly everyone has to agree that is preferential rather than running him into the ground at the moment.

OK we can all agree that Hartley is the better player but what we have to get though to some fans is we have a squad that has to be used its not a first 11 any more and wasn't the season we went up - if Hartley can be best utilised in some harder games to make sure he is still fit at the end of the season then surly everyone has to agree that is preferential rather than running him into the ground at the moment.

I do agree, but we do need to play our best team every week taking into account injuries. We all really know what the best eleven is so just play it!

He left training in the same car as Clarkson,Sproule,LJ and Jamie Macallister.

I believe you...

So complete bollox has been upgraded to a transfer request that was broadcast to the entire town between 1pm and 5:15 on Saturday. (Although if they came together I guess they would have to of waited for each other even if one had walked out of the training)

I sometimes think that there are a couple/few people who seem hell bent on somehow proving Gary Johnson is a lousy manager and will clutch at any straw to justify their dislike of the individual and Lee is usually the weapon used.

As I said in an earlier thread Lee did not have good first half on Saturday and Gary acknowledged that by taking him off.

Paul Hartley is IMO a better player than Lee on the whole (PH is fantastic in finding Nicky Mynard with long passes), but in some instances Lee will be picked....Lets just get used to it

As for the bloke on Radio Bristol who peddled the same rubbish on Saturday - I seem to remember him flouncing out of this forum a while ago because someone dared to disagree with one of his 'match reports'.

TO be fair, he said it was a rumour he'd heard, and in no way did he say that it was true or that he had any knowledge. I think bringing this stuff up is a little unnecessary.

We all really know what the best eleven is so just play it!

So the third of posts on this forum which happen to be disagreeing about who should be played are just banter? :no:

Not to mention the fact that none of us are privy to who's playing well in training, what the players' attitudes are like, who's got a knock etc.

Don't you think it's a tad delusional to insist that you know better than the guy who's had us challenging for promotion 3 seasons running in the Championship?

Archived