IGNORED

Lee Trundle

Motorwayman

I cant stand the fact that trundles on loan to swansea.

one of the first rules of football is never sell a player to a rival if you think he can hurt you, with that in mind loaning a player to a rival AND still paying most of his wages is ridiculous

if he didnt play today swansea would have got nothing from the game and would be a point less better off and we would be a point closer to them, hes out of contract at the end of the season anyway so y not just let him play in reserves or league one,

we are doing swansea and trundle both a massive favour and for no apparent reason as we wont see any return from this unless they pay for him in january. which we know they wont cus johnsons said they can have him on loan for the rest of the season!

absolute comedy of errors imo

Trundle is a natural goal scorer.... he may not be starting many games for us but 4 goals in 7 appearances is not bad! he has a eye for goal and can magic a goal from know where!!

Some players fit certain clubs. Trundles fits our club :innocent06:

Must have big shirts then.

Trundle does affect games if you play to his strengths. We didn't play to his strengths. And it's got nothing to do with age or speed. Hartley is a similar age and has no speed and yet he must be the best midfielder in the Championship. How he is not in the Premier League is beyond me and how we managed to sign him (thank god) is beyond me.

Best player at City for years

Trundle is a natural goal scorer.... he may not be starting many games for us but 4 goals in 7 appearances is not bad! he has a eye for goal and can magic a goal from know where!!

Some players fit certain clubs. Trundles fits our club :innocent06:

Trundle is shite at this level. Him playing for Swansea will make no difference than when he was here.

Trundle is shite at this level. Him playing for Swansea will make no difference than when he was here.

That doesn't make any sense, and Trundle clearly CAN be effective at this level.

It's a matter of using him correctly, which City rarely, if ever did.

apart from the point (almost 3) he earned them today and the obvios boost they get evry time he comes on

Good point.

He always boosted the morale of the AG crowd when he came on - the stick he gets on here wasn't reflected in the majority of City fans at the ground who always roared Trundle on to the pitch.

He's a legend at our club....it was unfortunate for Lee and Bristol City that the move didn't work out for him, but he's back at the club he loves, and he lifts the place whenever he comes off the bench. I just hope that hes done enough to earn himself a new contract at The Liberty. Well done to Lee, he's shown all the doubters that he can play at Championship level. He said he would grab the chance, and despite hardly featuring since the loan move, he's scored 4 goals for us.

That doesn't make any sense, and Trundle clearly CAN be effective at this level.

It's a matter of using him correctly, which City rarely, if ever did.

This is what i never understood with Trundle. How the hell do you use him ''correctly'' ? Do you play him in the hole behind the strikers? Or out wide? Or as an out an out CF? The fact is Trundle is one of those nothing players that dosnt really have a position, he was almost like a luxury player.

He was given ample opportunity here and apart from the odd flash of brilliance he didnt cut it.

Clarkson, Maynard, Haynes, Saborio and even Akinde have more to offer than Trundle.

If we are talking about a player/players that we need RIGHT now then a winger with pace that will get to the byeline and cross is top of the list, not Lee fat boy Trundle.

My son came home from watching the PB - Swans game and stood in the kitchen whilst my wife was trying to serve tea, so I seized the opportunity.

"Come on son, out the way. Trundle, trundle". I thought that an amusing phrase, but he didn't.

Trundle does affect games if you play to his strengths. We didn't play to his strengths. And it's got nothing to do with age or speed. Hartley is a similar age and has no speed and yet he must be the best midfielder in the Championship. How he is not in the Premier League is beyond me and how we managed to sign him (thank god) is beyond me.

Best player at City for years

oh my god are you joking you must be?

This is what i never understood with Trundle. How the hell do you use him ''correctly'' ? Do you play him in the hole behind the strikers? Or out wide? Or as an out an out CF? The fact is Trundle is one of those nothing players that dosnt really have a position, he was almost like a luxury player.

It's really, really simple. You play him up front next to a centre forward who can win the first ball. Simple as that.

We never did.

It's really, really simple. You play him up front next to a centre forward who can win the first ball. Simple as that.

We never did.

So what your saying is with a ball wainning centre foward along side him, Trundle would have been a huge hit at City?

I dont think it was ever as clear cut as that to be quite honest.

So what your saying is with a ball wainning centre foward along side him, Trundle would have been a huge hit at City?

I dont think it was ever as clear cut as that to be quite honest.

Trundle is a second striker, he always has been, he needs ball to feet facing goal not ball to chest facing away 30 yards out with a winger up front next to him for support.

Anybody with a clue who watches him play can see the best way to use him.

If we weren't going to use him that way we shouldn't have signed him.

We never did.

Surely that was Adebola?

Trundle had numerous opportunities with him, was also paired with every sort of striker under the sun and rarely delivered for us.

Archived