IGNORED

Lee Johnson

redpole

Can you blame him?

Has always given his all for the club and it's never been good enough for the "fans"

If that's the case then no. LJ has always been one of my fav players in recent times, might not be in the Iniesta league of ball moving midfielders, but he was 100% professional, tried hard and never let his head drop out on the pitch and imo a very very decent player at this level, Derby have done well here, I hope this move does not turn perma.

Its best all round it was time for him to move on I think Sl may have cracked the whip in the back ground . good luck to Lee who I think is a nice young man

Do you? I think if SL did that GJ would have been out the door before Lee

Just goes to show what a load of old tripe some people write on here. They said he would never be dropped, he was, they said he would never play for another championship club, he will with 4/5 other clubs enquiring. You know who you are, can you now just shut up until you have something sensible and contructive to say.

Change the record, let's see how many games he starts

Change the record, let's see how many games he starts

The number he starts is irrelevant. He has been taken by another championship club who have clearly seen enough to think he can do a job for them. Something you clearly can't see. Now, who should I take more notice of - other football professionals or keyboard warriors who clearly know nothing? Tough choice.

Interesting, Nigel Clough knows all about the mindless abuse dished out because you are unfortunate enough to be the managers son.

Agree entirely, I suspect that even played a part in this loan!

Anyway well done everyone...We have finally managed to hound a player out of our squad with constant criticism and vitriol which obviously effected his game negatively...Not thats happend before!!?

Today I feel very sad to be a City fan>>>Good Luck Lee you deserve something better!

Guest pogopete
Do you? I think if SL did that GJ would have been out the door before Lee

If he walk out on his contract he would lose big time its not unreasonable for the chairman to make a decision for the good of the club.

• Admin
Agree entirely, I suspect that even played a part in this loan!

Anyway well done everyone...We have finally managed to hound a player out of our squad with constant criticism and vitriol which obviously effected his game negatively...Not thats happend before!!?

Today I feel very sad to be a City fan>>>Good Luck Lee you deserve something better!

+1

....and now we have the taste of blood in our mouths how long do we give it before we force his old man out? :(

If he walk out on his contract he would lose big time its not unreasonable for the chairman to make a decision for the good of the club.

GJ would never walk out on us. He's done nothing wrong so SL would never sack him either, we expect far far to much of him i think. GJ has impossibly high standards and 9/10 he meets them, but some people judge him to harshly becuase on occasion GJ proves he's just a human like the rest of us and can't get everything right for everyone.

The number he starts is irrelevant. He has been taken by another championship club who have clearly seen enough to think he can do a job for them. Something you clearly can't see. Now, who should I take more notice of - other football professionals or keyboard warriors who clearly know nothing? Tough choice.

Yawn, GJ is always right, LJ is brilliant just cos he plays under GJ for the city. How can the number of starts be irrelevant? Oh, it would be to you, just like his goal scoring record is irrelevant for someone who used to take all the free kicks and plays in central midfield

Take off the GJ is saint glasses and try living in the real world.

Yawn, GJ is always right, LJ is brilliant just cos he plays under GJ for the city. How can the number of starts be irrelevant? Oh, it would be to you, just like his goal scoring record is irrelevant for someone who used to take all the free kicks and plays in central midfield

Take your own advice!

Bottom line is LJ is a decent squad player and no better or worse than our other average players, namely Orr, McAllister, Elliott (this season), Sproule, etc etc

People used him as a scapegoat because it was an easy argument to make, but the end result is that we are losing a player, to a RIVAL who is considered in this league to be a decent player (obvioulsy, or clubs bigger than us wouldn't be coming in for him).

As some have said before, it could easily be argued that this is a step up for Lee.

See this is the thing, no-one has said LJ is brilliant, no-one has said GJ is a saint - except in your mind perhaps because it suits your argument. You missed the point because you want to argue against a point no-one has made but which you find it easier to wrgue with.

Let me clarify again for you, people said LJ would never be dropped - he was, people said he would never play for another championship club - he will. Now where in that does the number of games become relevant?

See this is the thing, no-one has said LJ is brilliant, no-one has said GJ is a saint - except in your mind perhaps because it suits your argument. You missed the point because you want to argue against a point no-one has made but which you find it easier to wrgue with.

Let me clarify again for you, people said LJ would never be dropped - he was, people said he would never play for another championship club - he will. Now where in that does the number of games become relevant?

Haha, banged to rights.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

• Admin

If Johnson doesn't start 20 games for Derby this month it can be used as proof that he isn't Championship standard :D

Definitely the right move for all concerned. In my opinion he is our 6th best central midfielder, and when he has played, he has not added a lot to the team. It will do him good, offload a player that we can afford to lose, and stop any accusations of nepotism.

This is probably the worse transfer for us, but really pleased for LJ to go to a club with over 30,000 fans that wont judge him and actually appreciate what he brings to a team.

If Hartley gets injured what happens now? For me LJ should of stayed and I really believe that some of the negative fans in our club have just helped to weaken our squad.

Lets just hope LJ is only way for a month, because I for one would rather see him in a Red and White city shirt rathers than a Black and white one.

I wonder who the negative fans have on their radar next? Orr or McCallister I expect!!!!!

Guest pogopete
GJ would never walk out on us. He's done nothing wrong so SL would never sack him either, we expect far far to much of him i think. GJ has impossibly high standards and 9/10 he meets them, but some people judge him to harshly becuase on occasion GJ proves he's just a human like the rest of us and can't get everything right for everyone.

I think you mean walk out on a lucrative contract as for doing nothing wrong ,well you only have to look at his signings to prove that's untrue and these high standards do not include playing entertaining football sometimes.

I think fan's were so grateful to Johnson to get out of the third division its clouded there vision his first two years he moved the club forward the last two we have stagnated and gone backwards sorry but that's my view of things.

This is probably the worse transfer for us, but really pleased for LJ to go to a club with over 30,000 fans that wont judge him and actually appreciate what he brings to a team.

If Hartley gets injured what happens now? For me LJ should of stayed and I really believe that some of the negative fans in our club have just helped to weaken our squad.

Lets just hope LJ is only way for a month, because I for one would rather see him in a Red and White city shirt rathers than a Black and white one.

I wonder who the negative fans have on their radar next? Orr or McCallister I expect!!!!!

how is this the worst transfer for us? Surely it would be worse to lose Maynard, Skuse, Hartley but to name 3????? Utter nonsense!

"step in the right direction" thread/quote said LJ was not in for Cardiff cause of an illness :liar::disapointed2se: this morning; hey its changed.

It was a miracle Glos, the hand of the Great one was laid upon LJs brow, hey ho, fit for millwall, you do believe dont you Glos... Noooo shame on you. :nono:

Good to see, just need to move out one more central midfielder to free up some space for wingers to come in. 6 first team centre midfielders that all had a reasonable shout at being in the first team was too many, when two youngsters can be given a chance. I hope this is the start of getting rid of excess players, and not a bad omen for GJ.

He was a decent player, decent bloke, wish him well.

Good player,always played it simple and kept the ball moving. Will never be able to win here though because of the father son thing. Best for all that he moves on, with all the other "holding" midfielders we now have i would say that his Dad hasnt really done him any favours!

With his Dad bringing in the likes of Hartley and Sno, plus having Elliot and LJ, he has had 4 central midfielders who dont get forward to support the strikers.

Perhaps we may now sign some attack minded midfield men.

He will do well at Derby if they have width in there side. We had that 2 years ago and look how well LJ and Elliot played in that system :yes:

You don't know much about Derby fans then, the reactions to Robbie Savage, Gary Teale and even Nigel Clough by a lot of our fans are evidence of that.

As for Commons (who someone mentioned earlier), if he leaves us it will be to a Premier League club or Newcastle, someone who would offer us silly money.

From the sounds of things he sounds like a Championship standard midfielder, as long as he can get the ball down and pass it forward then we'll be happy. We've got Savo to spread it to the wings (which he gets an unbelievable amount of stick for), if Johnson can pass it forward to the strikers then he'll fit right in.

Archived