IGNORED

City V Cardiff Match Thread

Roe

Well theres no denying it, we've been awful tonight... I can barely remember a worthwile attempt on goal. Cardiff have been without several key players and they've contained us fairly comfortably and created much the better chances.

After it looked like we'd turned the corner on Saturday against a very poor Preston side, we appear to be back to square one again. Very dissapointing.

In hindsight Sno should have stayed on, I thought he was our best player in the first half. Seemed to lose something when he went off.

Saborio is running out of chances to impress, he was anonymous again tonight. Akinde looks like he can put himself about well though.

I was just praying it was me being stupid moaning when Sno came off for Saborio but no what a complete cock up. That might be the worst substituion he has made yet and that's saying something.

Cardiff was more dangerous ok...but losing with such an own goal makes me angry

What a pity... and to be fair I'm not very positive about tuesday's match

Three good saves on Saturday saved us going in 4-2 down at the break. I'd be more concerned why we put in our best 45 minutes for f00king months playing 4-4-2 and yet Tinkerman decides to go 4-5-1 tonight. Next.

fact is though Deano is just like basso was makes one cock up per game, and like Basso costly too.

as to the managers formation, I couldnt agree more, and why Maynard & Sno were replaced by Saborio and Akinde?

and I'd still rather have GJ, than that useless **** Wonderson. It could be worse.

SAborio really is absolutely useless. We should never think about signing him at the end of the season

Please tell me one pass that Saborio was given that he could have done anything with.

The bottom line here tonight is, our passing was a disgrace even Hartley, in fact our passing was so poor even Orr was'nt the worst tonight, probably Skuse.

The comparison between Akinde and Saborio was embarrassing. The kid wants it badly and gave his all whereas the international is here for the money and did f00k all. And yet Johnson will give Saborio first go next Tuesday if we need to bring a forward on.

And the cheeky little ****er in charge tells us that you cannot "trust" young players!!! I know who I trust out of those two and it ain't the older bloke.

Well, endex as per usual. I just feel sorry for Bradders, wasnt anything could do about it............

Same old City, we do not have a clinical finisher, and we pay for it.

Two teams of around about the same dap cancelling each other out. Neither side was very good, the game was poor in fact the best performance on the pitch was the referee.

Although plenty of effort.... very little quality.

Very very disappointing. We looked like a pub team. Defenders in each others way, absolute panic when Cardiff were in possession in our half and we look less comfortable in possession than we do when we don't have it.

Pluses - Sno. I thought he was excellent and looked to up the attacking tempo wherever possible.

Negatives - there are a number of players in our side who are not good enough for this division. It's blindingly obvious to me which players they are.

- no fight, lack of ball players.

- Maynard's lack of form.

Please tell me one pass that Saborio was given that he could have done anything with.

The bottom line here tonight is, our passing was a disgrace even Hartley, in fact our passing was so poor even Orr was'nt the worst tonight, probably Skuse.

Have to agree, what was Saborio to do when the only balls that came near him were 20 foot in the air, Hartley who has been my player was way off the standard he has set and the rest of the team were worse

Akinde had exactly the same crap service. The difference was that he put himself about and wanted to make an impression with whatever scraps he had to feed off (and they were scraps too). And didn't it ever show in his performance compared to the disinterested Costa Rican who was waiting for his team mates to give him the perfect pass.

I don't think Sno was injured as he looked p**sed off to be taken off. Terrible decision. It's a shame Maynard's improvement is so painfully slow, he has so much to learn, it's surprising how ineffective he is for long periods still. He will get there.........one day.

so frustrating, it was never going to be easy but we never really created anything of note. I would say that there were 2 fairly equally matched teams but their forwards are better than ours overall. Have to agree with some other posters, Saborio has been here a while now and offers nothing, Sproule didnt offer much Gerken is all over the place and the defence is creaking. grrrrr.

Akinde had exactly the same crap service. The difference was that he put himself about and wanted to make an impression with whatever scraps he had to feed off (and they were scraps too). And didn't it ever show in his performance compared to the disinterested Costa Rican who was waiting for his team mates to give hime the perfect pass.

What with global warming, I don't think there's enough time left for a team mate to give him a perfect pass.

But hey at least we know who the player is to replace LJ as the next AG hate figure.

Cardiff were the better team, if they could finish could have been 2 or 3, at least now we can focus on trying to sneak the pray-offs?

I will be happy when we reach 53 points to be honest. Anything after that is a bonus when you consider we have won two of our last DOZEN games. This is becoming more than just a bad run.

Thats because all we've done since the pair of them came on is fire long balls at Big John's head. Why oh why did Sno go off? Maynard wasn't doing anything but all our good play was going through Sno; why didn't Saborio or Maynard get a chance to feed off his creativity?!Sorry, but Johnson's thrown this game away with his substitutions

PS i thought the goal was Orr's fault; i think he went to volley the ball away and put through his own net. Apart from one sublime pass he's had a poor game

I Agree with you there babs, Sno needed to stay on for sure Johnson got that wrong.

The goal keeper needs looking at. It's not just this match and before you start moaning like he's saved our ass's a few times it about his alround game. yes he's made some good saves at the right times but what keeper don't. But that doesn't make him a top keeper.

does not command his box, poor kicking, the non-communication with his back 4 has been the cause of some our problems of conceding this season.

Basso has his faults but he commands his box and supports his back 4 which breaths confidence in defending. sort it out gary or bring in a real number 1

Archived