IGNORED

Bristol City Are Set To Announce They Are Parting Company With Manager Gary Johnson.

chowie

I'm quite surprised that no one has mentioned George Burley, he's been relatively successful, we've got a 'scottish' connection down the gate now and the football he serves up is good to the eye?

Personally I'd like to try O'Driscoll, but Burley would be way ahead of Coppell who it the most boring man in the world - just to hear him talk sends me to sleep!!

But we'll find out tomorrow if these rumours are true.....

Geoff Twentyman just announced on Points West that Gary is in talks with the club tonight about his Future!!

Guest BristolCityFC

Apparently there is a manager and board meeting tonight and a statement to be released tomorrow morning according to talk sport.

Sounds to me that this time tomorrow we could be managerless and I'm not so sure that is a good thing ... All depends on the next appointment

PLEASE LET BE A GOOD ONE!

do you have a link to talk sport? or was that heard on the radio?

it seems as though everyone is happy with the news coming through! i for one is very happy! as long as we dont make mistakes with appointing a new manager!

Sounds like you've been drinking all that zider you won then!! We will end up with someone cheap from the lower leagues. Sean O'Driscall is the best we can hope for!

Cardy - only saying what I heard - you never know could work out like that rumour of trundle signing you made up - look how that one finished !!! innocent06.gif

I am as annoyed with results as the next guy, and I have to agree with you.

Sometimes, its better the devil you know than the devil you dont...

+1 I hope that if this is true we have a bloody good replacement lined up ready to take charge or saterday will be a cricket score!

do you have a link to talk sport? or was that heard on the radio?

it seems as though everyone is happy with the news coming through! i for one is very happy! as long as we dont make mistakes with appointing a new manager!

heard on radio sorry no link

i just hope we go for experience rather than someone who has 'potential'

SL will not make such a tough decsion if he has not got someone to come in. Saturday will be seen as the chance to get everyone in figting mood, fans included for a stay in his division. It had to happen, but it does not excue some of the snide stupid comments on here regarding GJ. We are a far better club than when he took over, he hastaken us to a new level, and I for one will always thank him for everything he has done, when so mnay others have failed. He will go on t bigger things for sure, and I hope learn from this. But I will not condone the slagging off of one of our best mangers. ever.

my thoughts exactly! his time may have come to move on, but to slag the man off after what he has done for our football club is a disgrace

SL will not make such a tough decsion if he has not got someone to come in. Saturday will be seen as the chance to get everyone in figting mood, fans included for a stay in his division. It had to happen, but it does not excue some of the snide stupid comments on here regarding GJ. We are a far better club than when he took over, he hastaken us to a new level, and I for one will always thank him for everything he has done, when so mnay others have failed. He will go on t bigger things for sure, and I hope learn from this. But I will not condone the slagging off of one of our best mangers. ever.

Well said.

Suspect it's true. I'm fairly sure the new guy won't be able to fix the problems even if we have a good run of ~5 games.

We'll have a bad start next season and I predict half the squad leaving in January.

How can you say that a new manager won't sort the problems, he could bring in a couple of loan defenders that would make the difference.

We could also have a bad start next season with GJ in charge.

It is obvious the current management team cannot motivate our players anymore, that has been shown in the last 2 games and probably for a lot longer than that.

It is a pity but relegation would be a disaster for the club and that is the way we are heading under GJ.

BCAGFC

It is sad that we are talking about someone losing there job here and some people are revelling in it.

He'll be cheaper than the transfer/loan disasters we've had these last few years!

If there is a new manager that comes in I am guess you will be let down when they make the same transfer/loan disasters - every club has these problems.

i dont wish anyone losing their job and if its true good luck gary whatever you do next but i do think we need a new face with new ideas etc... to pick the players up you watch they will play out of their skin on sat with a new manager

It is sad that we are talking about someone losing there job here and some people are revelling in it.

Yes poor Gary Johnson, im sure the 1 or so million pounds he will get in compensation will be horrific for him, how will him and his familly manage?

Archived