IGNORED

Bristol City Are Set To Announce They Are Parting Company With Manager Gary Johnson.

chowie

They have been correct twice this week, this statement is true

Stick with MirrorFootball for the big exclusives. Already this week we've told you that Hull would sack Phil Brown, and we were also first with the news that Iain Dowie would replace him at the KC Stadium. So if you want the news first, this is the place to get it!

Sad news in my opinion. With him gone, relegation is sealed for us this season or the next. I just think we need the season over and use the summer to rebuild. But ofcourse I respect all of your opinions on the topic.

What a Bizzare comment? Why is it ''sealed'', please elaborate?

What a Bizzare comment? Why is it ''sealed'', please elaborate?

Unless we have the likes of Coppel in I cannot think of anyone else that can fill the boots. And please no Southgate, Curbishley. Remember this day fellows if this event is to follow. Remember the day RedStreet predicted we shall be worse off with Johnson.

Whatever your reactions to this news; it means someone inside the club has gone running off to the press rather than maintain a "company confidence". Such an act is sackable in most industries unless it's the Chairman himself, but then the thing to do is notify the Press Association so everyone get's the news, not just one TV station or newspaper.

Apologies for the Peterborough rumour, it was a horribly unreliable source.

Let's hope that Gary can leave with dignity, getting credit for his achievements in the past, and that those who disagree accept that it has happened, and continue to support City and the new Manager.

It will be a difficult job, as we don't have that good a squad, it will need a clear out to bring in new faces, and he may have much greater financial constraints than Gary.

peterborough boss signed 4 yr contract, and i think curbishly/ coppell my favourites!

Curbishly and Coppell are everyone's favourites but both have stated they wont go to anyone that isn't a Premier League club - these are the only 2 I could see filling GJ boots and doing a better job.

I hope this isn't the wrong decision. A new manager is no garentee of success, If we end up in League one next season people will be crying that we didn't stick with GJ long enough. We only need 6 points ffs.

I am as annoyed with results as the next guy, and I have to agree with you.

Sometimes, its better the devil you know than the devil you dont...

Guest BristolCityFC

If we end up with Coppell, Curbishley or O Driscoll, this could be good news.

If we end up with Southgate, Brown, Jewell, Millen or the like, it'll be a ****ing disaster.

Amen

Archived