IGNORED

Bristol City Are Set To Announce They Are Parting Company With Manager Gary Johnson.

chowie

CELEBRATING IM ABSOLUTELY ECSTATIC AND NO I AM NOT A TOOL - If you care to discuss name your terms.

Good bye and Good riddance, now we can get on with being a proper football team. I just hope that he takes those USELESS Muppets Millen and Naylor with him!!!!

Oh HAPPY DAY...........

dancing2.gif

No, don't kid yourself or your public, you are an absolute tool of the highest order.

I find it astonishing that you can get as excited as this about a manager who has done so much for us getting the sack. I also feel just a bit sorry that your life must be so empty.

If this does prove to be a parting of the ways I can't help feel it's two games too late.

If we do have a new full time manager lined up and it's taken a while to put everything in place them fair enough, but if we end up with Millen or someone in charge until the end of the season then it could be too late.

Thanks for some of the great memories gary,sadly time has come to move on.

Totally agree with that, he has been wonderful for our club in raising it's profile over the last few years, sadly he has hit the ceiling and cant seem to break through.

I'm sure he will benefit from having some time off where he can refresh and learn from his mistakes and no doubt he will be better off for it.

On the same note that Bristol City FC now need some fresh ideas in order to consolidate once again and move forward.

Thanks very much for all the great times Gary and no doubt you will be back at the Gate in years to come turning us over with an opposing team

If this does prove to be a parting of the ways I can't help feel it's two games too late.

If we do have a new full time manager lined up and it's taken a while to put everything in place them fair enough, but if we end up with Millen or someone in charge until the end of the season then it could be too late.

I think you are right about this, a change after the Donnie shambles may have brought us a point at Reading and perhaps three last night. Having said that we did battle a win out at CPFC.

Even two more points though would have been very welcome.

I'd guess that departing 'by mutual consent' at this stage would be beneficial for all concerned as Gary has a good record as manager and is still very employable, and so better to part company now before his situation here could become 'ugly'.

Now bottom of the form table with results and performances so regularly poor, it's time to act. With players seemingly to have become desensitized to half time 'hand grenades' and the manager choosing not to make post match interviews just because he feels he would just be saying the same thing over and over again, and quite bluntly has no answer for why so many late goals are conceded, any one would be concerned that there was something very wrong.

It all just seems to have gone very stale and it's time to move on and introduce fresh ideas and impetus into the club in the form of a new manager and coaching staff, and better to happen now with eight games to go and an opportunity for the incoming manager to assess playing staff in real games playing for their jobs.

I for one would still welcome Gary back in future as visiting manager for all he has done for us in gaining our promotion. It's just a shame that all (mostly) good things must come to any end, but hey, that's life.

I hope he stays it is not as if we have a great team that is not doing it that someone can come in and make us play like world beaters. Lets be honest we are in a true position with the players we have got, however, Gj has built this team and his biggest mistake is not getting a big ball winning centre half in when he knew Mccombe was out for the season.

If he goes then Phil Brown would be realistic as he has a proven record at getting to the next level. If not then George Burley would be where money would go. Personally i would want Coppell, Brown or Curbishly

if this does happen, which appears to be likely, then it is a sad day. We are transformed as a club thanks to GJ, and should never forget the impact that he has made. Things have gone stale, and it probably is the right decision, but the fans should always remember the good times.

From SL's point of view, he has now got to find someone to trust implicitly with the club, which is a tough thing to have to do given the progress that has been made, and I wish him all the best.

I dont know who I would like, Coppell, Curbishly and ODriscoll are mentioned, and would be happy with, but I think Southgate will go on to be a top manager in the future.

Yes poor Gary Johnson, im sure the 1 or so million pounds he will get in compensation will be horrific for him, how will him and his familly manage?

I honestly don't believe the money matters that much when you "earn" that much, there are far bigger driving factors for being a manager at this level i.e. power and publicity. I think when you have enough money that you know you don't have to work for a lot of years if you lost your job then your priorities are slightly different to the man on the street who tends to be working to pay the bills.

CELEBRATING IM ABSOLUTELY ECSTATIC AND NO I AM NOT A TOOL - If you care to discuss name your terms.

Good bye and Good riddance, now we can get on with being a proper football team. I just hope that he takes those USELESS Muppets Millen and Naylor with him!!!!

Oh HAPPY DAY...........

dancing2.gif

A little dignity would be nice. One of the greatest managers City has ever had we're talking about here. Yes, he has gone past his sell-by date, but I for one think he deserves a bit more respect.

If the best Hull could find was Dowie, who realistically could we get?

[/quote]

it's not just as simply as "the best hull could find" it's the situation that they are clearly going down and are TOTALLY skint and are unlikely to make a return to the prem anytime soon.

right now, I think we have just as much chance of getting promoted next season as Hull, the only difference is we don't have the stupid wage bill or money troubles they do.

Oh HAPPY DAY...........

dancing2.gif

So you forget where we were when he took over then.

Or were you still in junior school?

It is a sad day but to blame our problems on 'awful luck' is a bit blinkered isn't it?.

If I were blaming our problems entirely on bad luck, then yes.

Clearly, there is something up with a lot of the players and the smartest thing the new guy could do is sell half of them. Which half tho? ;)

I've said for a while now that we should at be least looking for an alternative manager.

Instead, we've appointed the coach of our abysmal defence to run the team, we have probably no idea what the problems were and we're not that far from the relegation zone.

It sounds like the issue was forced and the timing is bad. Ideally, GJ should have seen out the season and few would doubt that he'd have kept us up (just).

We are in a much worse position now than yesterday. In fact, there's an element of bad luck in this too, bad luck which will probably continue to plague us.

Archived