IGNORED

Bristol City Are Set To Announce They Are Parting Company With Manager Gary Johnson.

chowie

It is sad that we are talking about someone losing there job here and some people are revelling in it.

All respect to GJ for what he's done for us,and I agree that the people that slag him off with personal abuse do nothing but denegrate themselves. As for GJ losing his job, he'll be well rewarded for his time here and will surely have a few quid in the bank and maybe not need to work again if he doesn't feel like it, unlike your average worker for whom job loss can be a very scary time, so no crocodile tears from me.

Yes poor Gary Johnson, im sure the 1 or so million pounds he will get in compensation will be horrific for him, how will him and his familly manage?

Anyone whose celebrating the end of a manager whose done so much for this club is a tool.

Its a sad day regardless of what happens next because it means right now our club is not achieveing what it wants and we now enter a period of uncertainty.

i thought gannons been give a 4 year contract on ssn today???????

Gannon has been offered a 4 year contract, but he wants a few days to think about it as his family live in the North West and they prefer to stay there.

Bit different between a normal man on the street and a football manager losing their job.

You dont see football managers signing on for the dole do you.

Yes, I don't know why people get so upset, it's football, he has lasted longer than all about but about 8 of the current 92 league managers, all on a wage I would be happy to take for 6 months.

Good luck to him, now lets move on.

And if he does go tomorrow, I'll bet Carey and the rest won't be man enough to look him in the eyes.

They won't be able to look him in the eye unless GJ is stood on a box.

Anyone whose celebrating the end of a manager whose done so much for this club is a tool.

Its a sad day regardless of what happens next because it means right now our club is not achieveing what it wants and we now enter a period of uncertainty.

CELEBRATING IM ABSOLUTELY ECSTATIC AND NO I AM NOT A TOOL - If you care to discuss name your terms.

Good bye and Good riddance, now we can get on with being a proper football team. I just hope that he takes those USELESS Muppets Millen and Naylor with him!!!!

Oh HAPPY DAY...........

dancing2.gif

Anyone that has a quote from another member of the forum as there signature is a bit of a tool but there you go, each to there own i suppose.

i dont wish anyone losing their job and if its true good luck gary whatever you do next but i do think we need a new face with new ideas etc... to pick the players up you watch they will play out of their skin on sat with a new manager

Here's hoping. If whoever is in charge on Saturday is a permanent appointment, then several of them wil be playing for their futures.

Jose Mourinho stated last night that he would like to return to England, and with the top 4 all having managers, why not bristol city, he'll have a lot of experience.innocent06.gif

Could well happen, strong rumours tell me that he was in the country last night aswell!!

Just a coincidence?? I think not....

i am an ex semi pro manager and would be happy to take the job,

provided i could send back all the crap loan signings we have and i am allowed to sign 4 new players on loan till end of season,

2 defenders

A striker and a wide man,

ribiero, akinde get warmed up, you have 9 games to gain some experience...........

If a decision to axe Gary was taken last night after the game/ this morning Steve is extremely unlikely to be introducing a new big name manager to the players at 9.30 tomorrow morning. Don't be amazed if Millen is the man in charge on Saturday with Walshy assisting.

I've been a huge GJ supporter on here and will be sad to see him go if this story is true (and it almost certainly is).

Ideal replacement for me would be O'Driscoll but no way will that happen overnight.

A new permanent boss is not going announced tomorrow unless we have been negotiating with someone in secret since the weekend. I really can't see Steve rushing such a vital appointment so surely it will be a temp boss.

If the best Hull could find was Dowie, who realistically could we get?

Not so sure about the timing of this fish.gif

Agree with you I'm not sure either but if it's to be as I said on another thread O'Driscoll & Pearson are my choices for the job not only are they realistic candidates but are solid managers who have experience of getting out of L1 if we go down and good enough rep in the championship as well. PL aspirations is another matter tho.

Its probably got summat to do with the dismal run of form which we have been on most of the season. Many many others are frustrated by the inept "management skills" shown by him and his team over the last three months in particular.

Personally I dont give a flying **** about Johnson in particular. I care about BCFC, as does almost everyone who uses this forum. we must do or we wouldnt post on here would we?

I dont get his plan(he aint got one has he) , and I think we're doomed with him, unless we move now. It aint gonna happen now though, it'll be the end of the season.

If a decision to axe Gary was taken last night after the game/ this morning Steve is extremely unlikely to be introducing a new big name manager to the players at 9.30 tomorrow morning. Don't be amazed if Millen is the man in charge on Saturday with Walshy assisting.

I've been a huge GJ supporter on here and will be sad to see him go if this story is true (and it almost certainly is).

Ideal replacement for me would be O'Driscoll but no way will that happen overnight.

A new permanent boss is not going announced tomorrow unless we have been negotiating with someone in secret since the weekend. I really can't see Steve rushing such a vital appointment so surely it will be a temp boss.

If the best Hull could find was Dowie, who realistically could we get?

Good point, Some people get carried away with who we are and what who we can expect to attract, there will be some disappointed people on this forum when the new appointment is announced, that's for sure.

Having said that, Bristol is a far better place to live than Hull!!

Yes poor Gary Johnson, im sure the 1 or so million pounds he will get in compensation will be horrific for him, how will him and his familly manage?

I'm sure that if you were in his position, you'd only be in it for the money too.

I'm not sure if GJ has done anything particularly wrong. If not, it's very harsh and a hard decision for SL. I would hope the better sides of the gloaters can see that GJ's loss of pride & emotional investment in the club will be hard to bear. GJ should be respected, if only because he is human, but also because he has raised the bar to a level where awful luck cannot justify a midtable position in the Championship.

I'm sure that if you were in his position, you'd only be in it for the money too.

I'm not sure if GJ has done anything particularly wrong. If not, it's very harsh and a hard decision for SL. I would hope the better sides of the gloaters can see that GJ's loss of pride & emotional investment in the club will be hard to bear. GJ should be respected, if only because he is human, but also because he has raised the bar to a level where awful luck cannot justify a midtable position in the Championship.

It is a sad day but to blame our problems on 'awful luck' is a bit blinkered isn't it?.

GJ has made poor decisions this season (formations/tactics/substitutions) and the players have let him down, they are both to blame.

You have to ask yourself why the players weren't motivated in 2 local derbies (1st half anyway) that were vital to our chances of staying up.

BCAGFC

Very concerned about this. I think GJ could have delivered the 8pts or so we need to guarantee CCC survival and then should have been "judged" at the end of the season, as he asked to be.

Changing manager at this late stage of the season is usually something you associate with a club deep in relegation trouble and with nothing to lose...we're not in that position and anyone who says "we will be" is only speculating, given recent results (WBA seems a long time ago, huh?). We will either pick up now or go into freefall and I honestly can't predict which it will be.

It may well be that Johnson has hit the brick wall with BCFC that he eventually hit with Yeovil and took us as far as he could, but personally I think it's really high risk to dump him now. We should have had a thorough review at the end of season, as with Danny Wilson.

I think Gary Johnson has been great for BCFC and undoubtedly will leave the Club in a stronger position than when he took over. It's a real shame that fans' abiding memories will be based on a massive underperformance this season, but that's the nature of football..."the King is dead, long live the King".

If SL has someone lined up I hope it's an experienced manager...it's going to be a bumpy ride from here to May and we ALL need to pull together.

Perhaps we should all tone it down slightly until it's confirmed? (fat chance of that, I know)

It does look like its happening, but IF it didn't this would be like a more extreme version of the original Enoch to Leeds threads!

Agree with you I'm not sure either but if it's to be as I said on another thread O'Driscoll & Pearson are my choices for the job not only are they realistic candidates but are solid managers who have experience of getting out of L1 if we go down and good enough rep in the championship as well. PL aspirations is another matter tho.

Compensation, therefore not realistic.

Could upset a few people, but perhaps the result of the meeting will be "You have X number of games to win to save your job"

SL would/will not have made whatever this decision is without a lot of consideration. However saying that, he is also a business man, as well as a supporter (as we all are too) and he'll be hurting from all of this just as much as we will be. If GJ stays (and it does look unlikely with this announcement I admit), and we do go down, season ticket numbers will drop, as will the average attendance, and with the new stadium in the pipelines, it could put a dampener on that as well.

He will also be well aware that the last time we were relegated, it took us way too long to get back out of the league though. Wilson was given a similar amount of time as GJ (at a guess), and correct me if I'm wrong, but DW also had a while to go on his contract?

Steve won't be afraid to drop the axe, however the question is (if GJ is off of course) is who will replace him? We've already gone for the man with the Premier League experience in DW, the legend on the cheap (Tinnion), and the master of the lower leagues (GJ). To get the right man in, I feel we will need to spend a lot of reddies, otherwise the man to take us to the next level will go somewhere else.

Please not the idiot Southgate (who is in Barcelona as we speak with ITV....)

Could upset a few people, but perhaps the result of the meeting will be "You have X number of games to win to save your job"

Taz, I think they may have had that conversation a while ago and it's now beyond that.

I'd love SteveL to back Gary and say everything will be fine, as above anything else I trust his judgement. But if he goes the other way and we make a change then I'd think that was necessary too.

Taz, I think they may have had that conversation a while ago and it's now beyond that.

I'd love SteveL to back Gary and say everything will be fine, as above anything else I trust his judgement. But if he goes the other way and we make a change then I'd think that was necessary too.

I hope it's not that conversation anyway. I feel he's had his time quite a while ago. Just after Christmas the playoffs were do-able, but he failed to change things when/where needed. I hope he goes, but knowing how BCFC works, it wouldn't surprise me if the announcement was something else either.

Just got in and heard the news. If it is all true and he goes, then as much as I do think it's best for the club that he goes I am grateful for what he achieved here and in no way hate him. Imo he's run out of ideas and tactics, and also run out of time, and I think it's best all round if he does go.

Em, if the rumours are right then GJ has well and truly cooked his own goose. As to the future, GJ blew that a couple of weeks back. He got us up, and established, but hes clearly no longer got what it takes to mamage us at this level, and I have no particular urge to re discover League 1's highlights: Whorefield, County Ground, Griffin Park et al...

I'll trust SL to get it right now.

Archived