IGNORED

Official Managerial Announcment - Millen Given 4 More Games

Dynamite Red

Right, heres a little bit of "info" I have recieved...now take it how you want, im taking it with a pinch of salt

Lansdown wants O'Driscoll, but until Donny are mathmatically out of the play-off race, they will not allow anyone to talk to him, or make any kind of approach. O'Driscoll is said to be interested, but wants to at least finish this season....unless they drift to mid-table. We may see him down the Gate yet this season after all

Right, heres a little bit of "info" I have recieved...now take it how you want, im taking it with a pinch of salt

Lansdown wants O'Driscoll, but until Donny are mathmatically out of the play-off race, they will not allow anyone to talk to him, or make any kind of approach. O'Driscoll is said to be interested, but wants out at least this season....unless they drift to mid-table.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Seems to fit considering Lansdown has said they have been making enquiries to those who they think will do a job.

Hope this is true.

Seems sensible to me, KM has done a great job to take the pressure off SL and now he can take his time. But the new manager may well be in before the end of the season so he has time to watch the players and set some goals for them coming back from the summer break - also we are picking a manager ahead of the summer movements of both staff and players. Good job all round.

Lansdown wants O'Driscoll, but until Donny are mathmatically out of the play-off race, they will not allow anyone to talk to him, or make any kind of approach. O'Driscoll is said to be interested, but wants to at least finish this season....unless they drift to mid-table. We may see him down the Gate yet this season after all

And what a job hes doing st Donny, there 6 points of the play offs. Looks like they will probably fall short though. Only 7 years since Donny were in the Conferencespeechless-smiley-040.gif

And what a job hes doing st Donny, there 6 points of the play offs. Looks like they will probably fall short though. Only 7 years since Donny were in the Conferencespeechless-smiley-040.gif

Don't get too carried away - it was Dave Penny that got Donny promoted from the conference, and then promoted into League 1.

O'Driscoll joined in the 2006/7 season and got Donny into the championship in his second season (like Gary Johnson) and they finished 14th in their first season (not as good as Gary Johnson)

Yes - his team play good football (as we are now under Millen) but Donny finished below us last year and currently lie just 3 points and 5 places above us. It's not inconceivable that we will finsh above then - in spite of all our much discussed problems.

Good guy but I think we could do better.

Coppell for me.

CR

I'm reasonably happy with this. Millen is doing well at the moment, and if we give him a little longer then it gives Steve more time to get the best man in. There is no longer any trouble of us going down, so why not wait a few weeks and make sure we make the best decision. If KM does will in the 4 games, then give him til the end of the season, and have another look then. To me this shows what a quality chairman we have, and i wish all the best to whoever gets the jobenglandsmile4wf.gif

Don't get too carried away - it was Dave Penny that got Donny promoted from the conference, and then promoted into League 1.

O'Driscoll joined in the 2006/7 season and got Donny into the championship in his second season (like Gary Johnson) and they finished 14th in their first season (not as good as Gary Johnson)

Yes - his team play good football (as we are now under Millen) but Donny finished below us last year and currently lie just 3 points and 5 places above us. It's not inconceivable that we will finsh above then - in spite of all our much discussed problems.

Good guy but I think we could do better.

Coppell for me.

CR

With all due respect we have probaly spent about 5 million pounds more than Doncaster on playing staff over the past few seasons. I think its very unfair to directly compare us to them, im pretty much certain Nicky Maynard cost as much if not more than there whole 11 that started against us.

Sean O'driscoll has had nowere near the funds GJ had to spend here which is why you have to give him a lot of credit. Not saying he is the man for the job but it makes you wonder if he can do that on a shoe string budget what would he do with us with substantially larger funds available.

Please remember that our resurgence is as much down to Johnson leaving as it is to do with Millen's management. I hope and pray that SL learnt his lesson with the Tinnion appointment. Nothing at all against Millie, just don't think he's ready yet.

Curbs would be my number 1 choice, failing that I trust SL will make an astute decision on what else is actually available.

With all due respect we have probaly spent about 5 million pounds more than Doncaster on playing staff over the past few seasons. I think its very unfair to directly compare us to them, im pretty much certain Nicky Maynard cost as much if not more than there whole 11 that started against us.

Sean O'driscoll has had nowere near the funds GJ had to spend here which is why you have to give him a lot of credit. Not saying he is the man for the job but it makes you wonder if he can do that on a shoe string budget what would he do with us with substantially larger funds available.

And wasn't that almost exactly what was said about Gary when he joined us. The crowds at Yeovil were at a level when they weren't going to get significantly more, the budget was low. He wanted to play to bigger crowds and deal with real money. Although I do realise Yeovil were lower down the league than we were, therefore making us attractive.

Sean O'Driscoll has Championship experience, even if he hasn't got out of it. He will have fantastic training ground facillities, new stadium (not that Donny's is old) and a very supportive Chairman. That's got to be tempting to someone!

that would make sense as sean o'driscolls contract at donny runs out in june

I,m sorry but I'm not a happy bunny. I know we all love SL and I risk getting shot down here, but for the last two weeks I have been reading "is Coppell's heart in it?", "is Curbishley's heart in it?". Now we get our chairman giving Millen four more games "to decide whether he want's to apply for the job"!!!! I'm sorry folks, but this smacks to me of someone who has dropped an almighty b*****k by giving the previous manager a five year contract, who is now desperate for the cheap option! :badmood:

that would make sense as sean o'driscolls contract at donny runs out in june

No it doesn't. Sean O'Driscoll has a three year rolling contract, meaning as things stand, it will never expire.

Sorry but O'Driscoll will not be going to Bristol.

No it doesn't. Sean O'Driscoll has a three year rolling contract, meaning as things stand, it will never expire.

Sorry but O'Driscoll will not be going to Bristol.

Doesn't matter what O'Driscolls contract is. He's a sought after young manager and some other club will come and get him at some point. It might cost a million in compensation but he'll end up leaving Donny.

It might not be us that joins. He might not see a move to the West Country as a sound career move but he will be leaving Doncaster, sooner rather than latter.

Doesn't matter what O'Driscolls contract is. He's a sought after young manager and some other club will come and get him at some point. It might cost a million in compensation but he'll end up leaving Donny.

I know that but he will go to a bigger, better club that Bristol City.

Archived