IGNORED

Steve Coppell On Saturday

Calculus

No, he said he's spending time with his son who's coming FROM the USA over to England for a few weeks. Sounds pedantic I know but I didn't mean it like that! Just clearing the issue up in case some people are under the impression he's in the States!

Ok cheers for that, as i said i thought he had gone to the states but i got it wrong.

Is it? When your new team is playing a few miles down the road..

Yes. He had to pick his son up and doesnt even work for us yet so he took in a game and was possibly looking at a player.

How much work did you do at the weekend for someone you dont yet work for?

Fair reply, and let me say I am excited about SC managing City, however I am a bit concerned over a couple of issues , one being the 1 year rolling contract deal, now I understand that is not what SL would have wanted but in fact it is what Coppell 'negotiated'. Now to take this club forward and beyond the new stadium and into the Premier League I guess we will need someone with at least a 4 year tenure as the manager.You cannot build anything on shifting sands,

City have a history of being loyal to our managers, I hope in this case it is repaid.

The other issue...I have this totally irrational feeling that SC is not 100% fired up to manage again, you now when you want something so bad, that when you have it, it seems to good to be true.

Hope I am wrong.

Tell me what you understand by a 1 year rolling contract.

Fair reply, and let me say I am excited about SC managing City, however I am a bit concerned over a couple of issues , one being the 1 year rolling contract deal, now I understand that is not what SL would have wanted but in fact it is what Coppell 'negotiated'.

Oh for godsake. Steve Coppell has always worked this way and if you bothered to watch his interviews when he joined us he explained his reasons for this, and they're very rational. Maybe if you researched our new man a bit you'd unerstand a little more.

This one year rolling contract lark makes me laugh.

If you're one of the people who think this is any less commitment then say a three year deal you definitely don't understand it.

Try thinking of it this way.

It's a permanent contract. It has a one year notice period.

That's a more serious commitment than almost any of us on here makes to an employer and it in no way shows less commitment than a fixed term contract of two or three or even five years.

As for Steve Coppell being at Brentford, who cares? He isn't being paid yet, he has some time with his family and son and how he chooses to spend it is his business not ours.

Is there any way we can remove posters on this forum who prove through their comments to be such numpties, that it would make all our lives much happier if they weren't around to say such silly things and wind everyone up?!?

I am afraid i will have to disagree with you here. Posters on this forum have a right to say stupid things, if they want. We live in a free democracy, and if people want to say ridiculously silly things and be laughed at.....then i am all for them! They are not trying to wind people up as you say....they are in actual fact very stupid....there's a difference! We should try and be more sympathetic toward them, and understand that not everyone was afforded a good standard of education. So numpty's please continue with your sub-standard posting.....you have my full support....and it makes me laugh!

'Fans' in inverted commas, so now you have the franchise on being a true fan and I and others that you may not agree with are not 'fans'.

Talk about a dog with a bone...you just won't let it rest will you?...You're starting to look like a real **** now.

There is a big difference between 'Fans' and Fans who support...You work it out...It's not Rocket Science FFS :grr:

His son lives in the Griffin Park area

and he was watching out for Gavin? or is he suspended

he said he couldn't take charge of first team affairs, which suggests he was busy all week as appose to Saturday 3pm - otherwise Millen could have taken the game with him doing the midweek training

What? You just outright made that up, no he does not live there!

Fair reply, and let me say I am excited about SC managing City, however I am a bit concerned over a couple of issues , one being the 1 year rolling contract deal, now I understand that is not what SL would have wanted but in fact it is what Coppell 'negotiated'. Now to take this club forward and beyond the new stadium and into the Premier League I guess we will need someone with at least a 4 year tenure as the manager.You cannot build anything on shifting sands,

City have a history of being loyal to our managers, I hope in this case it is repaid.

The other issue...I have this totally irrational feeling that SC is not 100% fired up to manage again, you now when you want something so bad, that when you have it, it seems to good to be true.

Hope I am wrong.

SC had a similar contract with Reading and stayed there 6 years!!

'Fans' in inverted commas, so now you have the franchise on being a true fan and I and others that you may not agree with are not 'fans'.

Reckon it's about time you realised you're on your own on this one mate.

Nobody is agreeing with you because you're bang out of order and this sort of c**p is the last thing we want on here with SC about to come on board. I'm not saying genuine criticism is wrong, but basically you're slagging the bloke off for being seen at a match a stones throw from Heathrow, rather than making a 220 mile round trip to Bristol .......... before he even takes over at the club!

I'm certain 'true fans' don't start having a go at potentially our best ever manager BEFORE he even officially starts at the club. Congratulations clap.gif

Unbelievable!

SC had a similar contract with Reading and stayed there 6 years!!

I seem to remember Danny Wilson had a one-year rolling contract, too, and he lasted four. I think they're in the interests of both parties and see no problem with them.

Yes he did, and he was asked on Radio why the 1 year rolling and of course the reply was that it doesn't tie down both parties beyond a good working relationship, (or similary put). But speculating ..If I may, I would suppose the Chairman would have wished a longer contract especially as to the quality of the man.

Personally I would think a minimum of 4 years under Coppells stewardship would give us a fighting chance of building a squad that was fit for purpose and maybe get a toe hold in the Prem ala Stoke.rolleyes.gif

the only time the last 2 managers ran into trouble was when they went onto long term contracts.

Hang on you are now way OTT, try thinking a bit before following the sheep...In my opinion I reckon Coppell missed a trick last Saturday in not being at our last game of the season, Right? And if you and many others were being honest you probably thought the same.

But we can go on name calling all we like, ''I'm a bigger fan than you etc..''.but believe me I hope as much as anyone that Coppell delivers what we want all as our new Manager...(that's manager not Messiah.)

Just need to retain a sense of reality, and perhaps we will get there.

And you reality is that, having said he will START on May 11th because he has family things to do, if he does family things before May 11th he is not committed (and perhaps by extension) is not the right man for the job.

I actually DO see the point you are tryng to make (I think) but you should read back your posts and ask yourself, should you REALLY be so critical of someone who is NOT YET an employee of the club for having a real life?

If this is true, then it's bizzare, why would he be at Griffin Park and not the Gate?

Would have been a great chance to run his eye over the squad, and be introduced to the fans on the last home game of the season. I hope he has a good enough reason, he has stated that football is not the most important thing in his life, well Steve it is to me, well Bristol City FC anyway.

The only fly in the ointment I felt with this appointment was Coppells commitment or lack of it, not a good start.disapointed2se.gif

He is not our manager yet, he can do as he pleases until he is. This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have read on here (and thats saying something). Now to say hes 'just missed a trick' is a bit different to this one, is it not?

Archived