IGNORED

Steve Coppell On Saturday

Calculus

all we know is that Coppell is not starting till the end of the season because of "a long standing family committment". He went on to give more details in his interview about his son coming back from the states. He's spending time with his family and is perfectly entitled to go watch brentford if he wants, he's not employed by us yet!

I was under the impression he was off to the USA ?

No, he said he's spending time with his son who's coming FROM the USA over to England for a few weeks. Sounds pedantic I know but I didn't mean it like that! Just clearing the issue up in case some people are under the impression he's in the States!

No, he said he's spending time with his son who's coming FROM the USA over to England for a few weeks. Sounds pedantic I know but I didn't mean it like that! Just clearing the issue up in case some people are under the impression he's in the States!

Exactly right.

Some fans just don't listen to the interviews.

He was indeed there. I have a mate who is a Brentford fan (for his abject disappointment yearly) and said to me "I saw your new manager today"

Then again, he doesn't take over until May 11th, he could have gone with his son, he could have been able to watch the game before picking him up etc

Who cares??

He may even have an idea of a player he likes for us and thought he'd have a look?

We may have cause in the future to be unhappy with a Coppell decision. But this ain't one of them!

If this is true, then it's bizzare, why would he be at Griffin Park and not the Gate?

Would have been a great chance to run his eye over the squad, and be introduced to the fans on the last home game of the season. I hope he has a good enough reason, he has stated that football is not the most important thing in his life, well Steve it is to me, well Bristol City FC anyway.

The only fly in the ointment I felt with this appointment was Coppells commitment or lack of it, not a good start.disapointed2se.gif

He has a family...i should bloody hope that football isn't the most important thing in his life! Your job isn't the most important thing in your life, so why damn someone else who is the same?

There are times that this forum just makes me wanna bloody scream! Criticising a decision our manager's made before he's even taken office....? That's gotta be a record even for us! doh.gif

You're joking right?!

If this is true, then it's bizzare, why would he be at Griffin Park and not the Gate?

Would have been a great chance to run his eye over the squad, and be introduced to the fans on the last home game of the season. I hope he has a good enough reason, he has stated that football is not the most important thing in his life, well Steve it is to me, well Bristol City FC anyway.

The only fly in the ointment I felt with this appointment was Coppells commitment or lack of it, not a good start.disapointed2se.gif

What? So just as long everyone sees your point of view then you are happy, anyone that doesn't is a numptie and should be banned .

What a total creepy thing to post.

It's a forum, where views are expressed, within the boundries of decency, just what don't you understand about that?

Think before you post... Other fans from other Clubs read this forum, as do Bristol City FC.

Posts like these make us a laughing Stock...And if i was Steve Coppell, and read this forum, I would think 'What a bunch of numpties' and then i wouldn't even bother coming.

It's no wonder Football Clubs and some players treat 'Fans' with no respect. You've only got to read this forum and similar posts like yours, to realise why we get treated like Sub humans...

Unless any manager or player is a fan of a Club, they are going to view every appointment as a job. Do you put Bristol City before your family? Put it into perspective...Please.

What? So just as long everyone sees your point of view then you are happy, anyone that doesn't is a numptie and should be banned .

What a total creepy thing to post.

It's a forum, where views are expressed, within the boundries of decency, just what don't you understand about that?

Just what don't you understand about '11th May as a start date'?!? Or about people's families coming before their jobs?!

I can happily disagree with people and have banter. And make jokey and ironic posts that most people 'get'. But there are some people on here who really are just numpties.

Mentioning no names, of course, as that would be outside the boundaries of decency...

Don't you think that posts like this have blown it out of all proportion? You have gone off on one talking about other fans, respect...Sub humans, and you ask me to put it into perspective?

The gist of the thread was in itself asking as to why SC preferred to watch Brentfords first team rather than ours....

Now if you have an opinion on that...carry on. But stop casting me as the anti christsurrender.gif

With respect, the 'gist' of the thread was not about 'why he prefered to watch Brentford over City'. It just mentioned that he had been seen at Brentfords ground. For all you know, he could be talking business, or like he has mentioned before, he had a family commitment that was made before he signed for us.

Nothing detrimental was being said, until you came on and questioned his commitment to the Club...

That is 'blowing it out of proportion'.

I'm not casting you as the 'Anti Christ', but why can't you see what you said is Totally wrong?

I'm sorry, but your post is one of many on here, by others, that calls to mind the mentality of certain BCFC 'Fans'.

You only have to Read the 'Dolman' thread, to know what i'm talking about.

I don't want to make you a scapegoat, or come across as some do gooder...but to question Steve Coppells commitment, without knowing the why's and wherefore's is totally unfathomable.

I hope you can see this...

TMOR is spot on. What does SC think he's up to? And all this talk of family first is a lot of fluffy nonsense.

Personally, I think if he wants to be seen as seriously committed to the cause SC should divorce his wife, disown his kids, give his house away to charity, and henceforth sleep on a camp bed in his office at Ashton Gate so he can be at the club's beck and call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. As for the argument he hasn't even started work for us yet and isn't being paid by us, so what? Frankly, for the honour of managing this great club of ours he should be prepared to work without pay. It would be the least he could do in recognition of the selfless dedication of fans like TMOR, who give up their time for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoons and even have to pay admission.

In fact, now I've thought it through whilst typing this, forget all the above. On reflection, watching Brentford instead of us is downright dereliction of duty and as clear a demonstration that we have picked the wrong bloke as you could see. Sack him for gross misconduct and look for a replacement. Oh hang on, we can't sack him: we don't actually employ him yet. Perhaps that's why he had the gall to think that his time was his own on Saturday. Well, cancel his contract, then. Even if it does cost SL a bomb in compensation, we'd be well out of it.

Bloody hell: some people defy belief. A bad start? Give me strength.

TMOR is spot on. What does SC think he's up to? And all this talk of family first is a lot of fluffy nonsense.

Personally, I think if he wants to be seen as seriously committed to the cause SC should divorce his wife, disown his kids, give his house away to charity, and henceforth sleep on a camp bed in his office at Ashton Gate so he can be at the club's beck and call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. As for the argument he hasn't even started work for us yet and isn't being paid by us, so what? Frankly, for the honour of managing this great club of ours he should be prepared to work without pay. It would be the least he could do in recognition of the selfless dedication of fans like TMOR, who give up their time for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoons and even have to pay admission.

In fact, now I've thought it through whilst typing this, forget all the above. On reflection, watching Brentford instead of us is downright dereliction of duty and as clear a demonstration that we have picked the wrong bloke as you could see. Sack him for gross misconduct and look for a replacement. Oh hang on, we can't sack him: we don't actually employ him yet. Perhaps that's why he had the gall to think that his time was his own on Saturday. Well, cancel his contract, then. Even if it does cost SL a bomb in compensation, we'd be well out of it.

Bloody hell: some people defy belief. A bad start? Give me strength.

:clapping::laugh:

Really? Well I for one hope it is, I want our next manager to be passionate about Bristol City FC while he is here, no matter who he is.

Taking in a game of football right next to Heathrow while you wait for your son to arrive from America is pretty commited isn't it?

He's not actually being paid by us yet.

Archived