IGNORED

Questions For Mr Lansdown & Mr Coppell.

leylandsroad

Lets turn it round, what odds will people give me he walks before January 1st. If I get 10/1 I will bet £150.

I hope I'm wrong but I think he underestimated how more this squad really is.

Well even more reason to give the guy a break and turn it round.....yes the squad needs an overhaul it needed one last summer. The previous manager didn't address this matter and we have what we have. Whilst you have every right to post what you have, you also said that you expected to get slated and you havn't been dissipointed.

I listened to Coppell today and he seemd as committed as anyone to take the club forward, he didn't seem affraid of the situation and he very much apprecited the support he received. Just remember he has come to Bristol to be succesful as he said from day one his contract is designed that way, if its not working he will not renew it, but I think any talk of walking away before he has had a real go is very wide of the mark.

Lets turn it round, what odds will people give me he walks before January 1st. If I get 10/1 I will bet £150.

I hope I'm wrong but I think he underestimated how more this squad really is.

You've already lied once about asking these questions, so why should you honour this commitment? Besides, if your only willing to take odds of 10/1 it would seem you're not as confident as you'd suggested, as your original post makes it sound as if you're willing to bet at evens!

Q's to Mr L

1) why did you bow to pressure and sack Gary Johnson ?

2) after doing this why haven't you supplied the funs to improve the team? We are going backwards, last season was poor, this will be worse.

3) why are you allowing the sale or Bradley Orr ? He is one of the best full backs in the division and should be kept. Give him the deal he wants.

4) Will you give me back my £1000+ I have spend on a family ticket ? I thought you were going to take the team forwards.

Q's to Mr C

1) Are you going to quit if things gone wrong ?

2) are you up for a battle ?

3) do you have the funds to bring in 5 or 6 new players ? Surely you didn't take the job without a promise of a decent budget.

Gerkin, Johnson, Williams, Sproule, Akinde, are 5 to start with that aren't good enough.

Will you sort this shit out ? Losing to Torquay and the getting stuffed by Aldershot is a disgrace, my mate played for the last season and he left because they couldn't give him £1000 per week, our reserves should murder them, not losing 3-0.

We have not had any good news this summer, it's the worse I've ever known for several years.

Am I panicking ? YES I AM.

F8ck the new stadium, I want us to do something this season.

It's been a long hard day at work, but this has really cheered me up drunk2.gif

and the award for BIGGEST tw*t on the forum goes to.................................................................................... .....................

leylandsroad :chant6ez::clapping:

Admittedly this post was massively stupid...

...but surely there are some recently registered users on here - the name 'simon rayner' springs to mind for some reason - who are in contention?!

Q's to Mr L

2) after doing this why haven't you supplied the funs to improve the team? We are going backwards, last season was poor, this will be worse.

3) why are you allowing the sale or Bradley Orr ? He is one of the best full backs in the division and should be kept. Give him the deal he wants.

4) Will you give me back my £1000+ I have spend on a family ticket ? I thought you were going to take the team forwards.

Q's to Mr C

3) do you have the funds to bring in 5 or 6 new players ? Surely you didn't take the job without a promise of a decent budget.

Gerkin, Johnson, Williams, Sproule, Akinde, are 5 to start with that aren't good enough.

Will you sort this shit out ? Losing to Torquay and the getting stuffed by Aldershot is a disgrace, my mate played for the last season and he left because they couldn't give him £1000 per week, our reserves should murder them, not losing 3-0.

We have not had any good news this summer, it's the worse I've ever known for several years.

What a tit you are! you might aswell be a sag in whorefield cus your not wanted here so do one :ranting:

Back to my original post !!! If you aren't panicking yet I'm sure you will be soon, crap players on trial from Grays athletic, John Stead the big saviour, please do me a favour, why don't Ipswich want him ? he is crap that's why.

I hope I'm wrong, I'm sure Coppell was sold a dream but we look like we are as skint as the rest of the Championship teams.

Last season at least we had hope pre season with the likes of Hartley, Sno, Haynes etc. What have we go so far this season, it starts in two weeks and most clubs would have the nucleus on board already, we would be mid table league 1 with our squad at the moment.

Hope i'm worng but don't think so.

Q's to Mr L.

Q's to Mr C

3) do you have the funds to bring in 5 or 6 new players ? Surely you didn't take the job without a promise of a decent budget. Or did you take it for the money ?

Gerkin, Johnson, Williams, Sproule, Akinde, are 5 to start with that aren't good enough. Add Clarkson to this as well.

Will you sort this shit out ? Losing to Torquay and the getting stuffed by Aldershot is a disgrace, my mate played for the last season and he left because they couldn't give him £1000 per week, our reserves should murder them, not losing 3-0. And things got better even though we were dicked my City old boys last night ? Something is seriously wrong.

Back to my original post !!! If you aren't panicking yet I'm sure you will be soon, crap players on trial from Grays athletic, John Stead the big saviour, please do me a favour, why don't Ipswich want him ? he is crap that's why.

I hope I'm wrong, I'm sure Coppell was sold a dream but we look like we are as skint as the rest of the Championship teams.

Last season at least we had hope pre season with the likes of Hartley, Sno, Haynes etc. What have we go so far this season, it starts in two weeks and most clubs would have the nucleus on board already, we would be mid table league 1 with our squad at the moment.

Hope i'm worng but don't think so.

Q's to Mr L.

Q's to Mr C

3) do you have the funds to bring in 5 or 6 new players ? Surely you didn't take the job without a promise of a decent budget. Or did you take it for the money ?

Gerkin, Johnson, Williams, Sproule, Akinde, are 5 to start with that aren't good enough. Add Clarkson to this as well.

Will you sort this shit out ? Losing to Torquay and the getting stuffed by Aldershot is a disgrace, my mate played for the last season and he left because they couldn't give him £1000 per week, our reserves should murder them, not losing 3-0. And things got better even though we were dicked my City old boys last night ? Something is seriously wrong.

You clearly have no idea.

Your questions to SL are nonsense (and unfair) yet easily answerable - because he's answered the first two many times already. As for Orr, he doesn't want to stay and it has nothing to do with the deal on offer. He wants a change, fair enough.

The season ticket argument is tired and boring. SL is putting his money where his mouth is BUT he wants to create a sustainable club. And why are you worried about being as skint as every other club? That would put us on an equal footing, yes? Even easier for SC's talents to shine through.

As for SC, he's already said he will have to go if things don't work out.

Is he up for a battle? Give me strength, please.

He won't tell us what funds he has, but he's already said a couple of players might arrive soon.

NOBODY PANIC!!!!

Q's to Mr L.

Q's to Mr C

You are literally unbelievable. I'll start with your questions for Landsdown. How do you know he 'bowed to pressure' and sacked Johnson? I'd suggest the Plymouth game was the last straw and SL thought it was the time for change and acted accordingly, most agreed at the time it was the right move. Secondly, you have no idea how much money Coppell has, he is not a big spender by past history and therefore maybe he doesn't think it's worthwile splashing millions. Many managers, Sir Alex included, have stated that the transfer market is a little out of control atm, and everyone is being overpriced, thertefore maybe Coppell is spending wisely, not just wasting the club's money. I agree that our Chairman doesn't have a bottomless pit of money like some seem to think he has, but financially we recieve a decent backing from him where transfers are concerned. Thirdly, your comment on Orr shows that you do not understand football in the slightest. Another football club (looks like QPR) have offered Orr a better deal and he has stated he wants to leave for a fesh challenge. What the hell can SL do about this? If Orr wants out Orr wants out, it's pointless keeping an unhappy player here as that's bad for morale. And we're not gonna just offer what they offer, they could be offering him silly money for all we know, so we can't just match it regardless. Finally, I've no idea if you can get a refund on a ST, but most people have ST's cos they love City, regardless of their squad/manager/chairman or even what league their in, so are you telling me you only want to attend if we win? How long have you had a ST btw, because right now it seems as if you only want to get down the Gate if we're beating everyone.

As for your questions for Coppell, why didn't you ask him on Sunday? That was the perfect chance. But no, you come on here like a little keyboard warrior, then when the stage is set to ask him these questions you bottle it. Unbelievable. And just for the record, not sure if you're new to football, only I'd imagine so by the bollocks you write, but pre-season is more about getting in shape and preparing for the new season. Not neccessarily results. It's important with our current injuries, to make sure we don't pick anymore up, but I suppose you don't understand that do you, as you're only interested when we win.

Q's to Mr L

Q's to Mr C

Im sorry but that is one of the most ridiculous comments ive ever seen on here, Orr is useless, every cross he puts in is aimless and very rarely beats the first man. And this whole rant sounds like it comes from a person that no matter how well we do this year, hes always gunna find a problem. Hahaha, laughable!

Why dont you jog on! Its people like you that ruin this football club with stupid and pathtic questions....

leave lansdown and coppell to do there work ,coppells not been here five minutes and your on his back,hes dealing with a squad johnson cocked up on with players not wanting to be here etc..

Landsdown will release funds once coppells decided what players he wants its all down to patients..

Fact its been a bad week and your comments regarding the ground just sums up what a real city supporter you are!! Thats citys future with out it the dream and excistance of bristol city will never happen!!

Coppells are future not mr johnson!!

So I should "jog on"

Lansdown will relase funds ? Would you like to tell me how you know this ? we start in 10 days and nothing decent is happening yet. I standby my comment Coppell will walk, and it's our future not "are" future.

So I should "jog on"

Lansdown will relase funds ? Would you like to tell me how you know this ? we start in 10 days and nothing decent is happening yet. I standby my comment Coppell will walk, and it's our future not "are" future.

Yes, please do "jog on".

Just because the money hasn't been spent yet, doesn't mean it's not there. I think most supporters would rather the club made smart, informed purchases within our limits and plan for the next few years rather than going mad and throwing money around - just look at some other clubs who have done that to see why. Lansdown has been happy to spend in the past, so what makes you think he wont now? In addition, even if you do throw money at other clubs/players, there's no guarantee your targets will want to join you anyway. It seems a number of our targets this summer have chosen other options over city, and if you buy in players on the huge wages they might want, not only will it increase the clubs losses each year, but will likely upset our current senior pros when they see new boys coming in on double what they earn, meaning you would have to match the new wages for them too.

Lansdown and Coppell are intelligent guys, and I'm sure they have a wage structure, and plan for the next few years. To go mad in his first ever transfer window at city would be suicide, and in the long run would likely hurt the club far more. It may take him a year or more to rebuild the current squad to his liking... Rome wasn't build in a day!

Why dont you jog on! Its people like you that ruin this football club with stupid and pathtic questions....

leave lansdown and coppell to do there work ,coppells not been here five minutes and your on his back,hes dealing with a squad johnson cocked up on with players not wanting to be here etc..

Landsdown will release funds once coppells decided what players he wants its all down to patients..

Fact its been a bad week and your comments regarding the ground just sums up what a real city supporter you are!! Thats citys future with out it the dream and excistance of bristol city will never happen!!

Shall I start jogging or will you and your mates apologise ?

Q's to Mr L

Q's to Mr C

Its tough to express an opinion thats going to be unpopular...However YOU CALLED IT with SC questions 1 and 2 fair play!

I hope all those who wanted a bet are man enough to pay up.

If those bets were accepted of course ... If you look back through the thread, you'll see that Leylandsroad turned down all offers of bets. Doh! Now, he comes out with 'who was right?'. I for one was wrong in that I thought Coppell would be here in the New Year, but I am proud to have faith in the decision making of Steve L and will always try and be optimistic about the future of our club. The other points in Leylandroad's thread still look ridiculous now. Let's not give this attention seeking little boy more credit than he deserves.

P.S. I am willing to donate the £20 I would have bet against Leylandsroad to charity (any suggestions? Maybe to Help for Heroes. Can I use Paypal on here?). I'm sure that if Coppell hadn't walked before Xmas, Leylandsroad would have done the same.

:innocent06:

Archived