IGNORED

Questions For Mr Lansdown & Mr Coppell.

leylandsroad

Not the brightest post of the year! He wonders why we sacked Johnson, then lists 5 players not good enough, all signed by Johnson!

I suspect that the reason why we are not active in the transfer market has rather a lot to do with the amount of money wasted over the past few years, the losses that the Club is incurring, the fact that SL might now have to find a few extra £££'s for the new stadium. We can't shift a lot of our fringe players as they are on good contracts, and a lot of other clubs are skint, so they won't sign them. Oh yes, and there is a recession on the way which may hit City hard as public sector workers are 'efficientised'. Orr & Hartley are going (in part) to generate cash and free up wages.

I have a feeling that it may be a difficult season as Coppell ghradually gets the team that he wants, and SL tries to reduce losses after the last two seasons, and let's face it, losing £10m each season hardly brought us success.

Guest oftbc

This is still Gj's squad lets just remember that. GJ left us with a unbalanced squad and that will take time to sort out. Yes we lost to Aldershot and i'm not topleased with that but it is just a friendly and we are missing players through injury and our squad is on it's knees in terms of numbers. Orr can simply **** off as far as i'm concerned, Don't believe the crap about he wants a new challenge. He wants more money and City rightly wont give him that.

What an absolute load of ****

Especially after the week we have had and the positive reaction of the forum, I cannot believe i'm reading this.

Looking at the posts like this and 'do you trust Coppell' etc, I won't be signing in again for a week till this **** is over

Q's to Mr L

1) why did you bow to pressure and sack Gary Johnson ?

2) after doing this why haven't you supplied the funs to improve the team? We are going backwards, last season was poor, this will be worse.

3) why are you allowing the sale or Bradley Orr ? He is one of the best full backs in the division and should be kept. Give him the deal he wants.

4) Will you give me back my £1000+ I have spend on a family ticket ? I thought you were going to take the team forwards.

Q's to Mr C

1) Are you going to quit if things gone wrong ?

2) are you up for a battle ?

3) do you have the funds to bring in 5 or 6 new players ? Surely you didn't take the job without a promise of a decent budget.

Gerkin, Johnson, Williams, Sproule, Akinde, are 5 to start with that aren't good enough.

Will you sort this shit out ? Losing to Torquay and the getting stuffed by Aldershot is a disgrace, my mate played for the last season and he left because they couldn't give him £1000 per week, our reserves should murder them, not losing 3-0.

We have not had any good news this summer, it's the worse I've ever known for several years.

Am I panicking ? YES I AM.

F8ck the new stadium, I want us to do something this season.

Well well well??? I dont know what to say to that really?? I know the last 2 games have been terrible perfromances but if you watch SC interviews after them he is FULLY aware we were crap, and has now stated he needs to change things, which for me is a refreshing change from hearing the crap we used to hear like " o we have to be loyal to this bunch of lads that has got us here" SC is no fool and can fully see who is not good enough and im sure if we give a little time and support he will do what is necessary.......that im sure of.

However i do agree with the 5 names you state are not good enough....ino all 5 of those are not good enough for a championship starting 11....maybe good bench warmers though.

Why dont you jog on! Its people like you that ruin this football club with stupid and pathtic questions....

leave lansdown and coppell to do there work ,coppells not been here five minutes and your on his back,hes dealing with a squad johnson cocked up on with players not wanting to be here etc..

Landsdown will release funds once coppells decided what players he wants its all down to patients..

Fact its been a bad week and your comments regarding the ground just sums up what a real city supporter you are!! Thats citys future with out it the dream and excistance of bristol city will never happen!!

Coppells are future not mr johnson!!

Q's to Mr L

2) after doing this why haven't you supplied the funs to improve the team? We are going backwards, last season was poor, this will be worse.

3) why are you allowing the sale or Bradley Orr ? He is one of the best full backs in the division and should be kept. Give him the deal he wants.

4) Will you give me back my £1000+ I have spend on a family ticket ? I thought you were going to take the team forwards.

Q's to Mr C

3) do you have the funds to bring in 5 or 6 new players ? Surely you didn't take the job without a promise of a decent budget.

Gerkin, Johnson, Williams, Sproule, Akinde, are 5 to start with that aren't good enough.

Will you sort this shit out ? Losing to Torquay and the getting stuffed by Aldershot is a disgrace, my mate played for the last season and he left because they couldn't give him £1000 per week, our reserves should murder them, not losing 3-0.

We have not had any good news this summer, it's the worse I've ever known for several years.

You sir, are a ****! Do you know anything? There's so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin. How do you know SL 'bowed to pressure', and instead simply thought it was time for change? How do you know he's not providing funds and Coppell isn't spending? How do you know Coppell will quit? You don't. You don't know f ** k all. Please, I beg you, ask these questions tomorrow, and I'll look forward to the response you get. Some people are just unbelieveable. It's pre-season, pre-season ffs! Moron.

Guest oftbc

What I found refreshing was to hear Coppell taking some blame. He wasn't looking for excuses or blamed anyone else he took responsibility even tho I wouldn't say it is his fault.

Q's to Mr L

Q's to Mr C

Chill out, you have obviously been playing a bit too much football manager.

You sir, are a ****! Do you know anything? There's so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin. How do you know SL 'bowed to pressure', and instead simply thought it was time for change? How do you know he's not providing funds and Coppell isn't spending? How do you know Coppell will quit? You don't. You don't know f ** k all. Please, I beg you, ask these questions tomorrow, and I'll look forward to the response you get. Some people are just unbelieveable. It's pre-season, pre-season ffs! Moron.

:laugh:, make sure you have got your camera out to post his answers on hear, also to so him get laughed out of the room :)

Q's to Mr L

Q's to Mr C

unbelievable jeff

Q's to Mr L

Q's to Mr C

and the award for BIGGEST tw*t on the forum goes to.........................................................................................................

leylandsroad :chant6ez::clapping:

Q's to Mr L

Q's to Mr C

First of all I am not going to abuse you as others have chosen to do. You are entitled to your opinions as much as any other member of OTIB. I do however agree with your critics in as much as there is much to condemn in your post!

However, on reflection, don't you think that you may have slightly overacted a tad? As Nibor mentioned on another thread, pre-season 'form', is hardly a barometer for the season ahead. I was at Exeter when Tins was the gaffer for a pre-season landslide 7-1 win. Brilliant I thought. The next 7-1 was a reverse at Swansea, that same term and hasta la vista Brian.

We are notoriously dodgy pre-season and lost 4-0 at Torquay under Johnson and regularly come unstuck vs Yeovil, Forest Green etc.

It is fair to be concerned about the squad, Orr and Hartley going is a major blow, no doubt about it, but the others who have left were to be fair, swelling numbers without any realistic prospect of playing games.

Cisse and Adomah will no doubt be followed by other recruits and the loss of Maynard, Haynes, Carey, Ribeiro and Wilson to injury means things are slightly more distorted than they might have been.

Questioning the Steves' commitment is puzzling to say the least. Steve Lansdown has dragged this club out of the doldrums and inertia of loads of rhetoric and no action. Remember Dave Russe was going to'Get City into Europe in 5 years' without any investment!!!!! Steve Coppell is proven and not given to the hysterics of a Holloway or a Warnock, but will quietly and effectively conduct his business in a measured and professional fashion.

If by Christmas Coppell has walked, we are anchored in a relegation dogfight and all is worse than it was BC ( Before Coppell), then I and several other members of this forum will owe you an apology for your foresight and superior insight into the workings at AG. I just wouldn't hold your breath that this is going to be the case.

Guest Parson St Station

God help us if SL reads this shit.

He bankrolls this club out of his own pockets.

Hes rich, yes. But he got rich through hard work, not a silver spoon.

Ask your questions and if SL thinks 'right, **** this Ive had enough'...well its 'fans' like you who are to blame.

Just settle. Be more constructive...did you go on the Demo?

Do you help the Trust?

Are you an OTIB supporter?

Do you volunteer to help out at the club in some small way?

Ok so you buy a season ticket - thats great and in these financial times thats no small commitment :chant6ez: however you are expecting a bloke who has spent 30 odd million quid at this club plus another wedge on the stadium when given the green light just to blindly open up his wallet again just because you are a bit miffed??

If I was him reading this crap I would be so tempted to tell you to stick your season ticket up your arse.

Un-******-believable.

Sometimes I can really believe we have the dumbest fans on the planet. :ranting::argh::grr:

Its easy to become frustrated in the pre season, strike out wildly and make demands. The starter of the thread sounds young, however he/she is entitled to a viewpoint.

SC was an established England International, established Man U Premier League success, successful manager for teams obtaining Championship promotion to the Premier League. SL is an established successfull businessman, wont have to worry about the sale of Ashton Gate to do what he wants to do.

In this pre season we have been without Carey, Haynes, Ribiero, Wilson and Maynard, thats half of our potential first team field squad, add to that the loss of Orr and Hartley Then we have incoming signings of quality, our starting 16 will be very different to what we have seen to date.

I see Coppell as a slow and steady wins the race sort of guy, especially in his first season. Ribiero and Wilson in their 21 st year, have been given every opportunity, its time for them to deliver...... Really ! I dont see Akinde as Championship quality, Marlon just does not score enough and Johnson and McAllister wont get us promoted, barely squad quality players.

Questions with SL and SC will always be with them, its the life they have chosen.

Hello Mr Leylandsroad - I would like to take that bet, £150 that Steve Coppell is still in charge at Christmas 2010, we can leave the funds with an independent arbiter, and then whoever wins can pick it up on Boxing Day. How about it?

i will match that bet also!

Q's to Mr L

Q's to Mr C

Attention seeker.

violin.gif

how many bets are you honouring about Coppell leaving before xmas then? i will certainly take some of that if you have the balls to honour your statement yesterday

Lets turn it round, what odds will people give me he walks before January 1st. If I get 10/1 I will bet £150.

I hope I'm wrong but I think he underestimated how more this squad really is.

Archived