IGNORED

Only 380 At Ipswich

publandlord

I know its a long way I know the ticket prices werent cheap I know its a 4 hour drive on a bank holiday but

After our chairman has shown his passion for the new club and we have 3 players making their debuts

388 away fans just isnt good enough.

It seems to me there are more people on here who want to fill this board argue about tactics manager goalkeeper etc etc rather than turn up and get behind the team. I have much more time for those posts written by people who actually GO to a game.

For what its worth we rode our luck in the first half when Ipswich hit the woodwork 3 times, before half time we were the better team, I thought Cisse Pitman and Stead all played well, Adomah was our best player. He might be even better if he played on his natural right wing, Sproule did nothing over there today. So at half time thought we might sneak a draw, but as soon as the goal went in the spirit drained out of the players,Adomah looked very tired (which he was entitled to as he had had done 90% of the attacking from the wings - Sproule did very little) Stead and Pitman kept working with the scraps of possession they had (but they looked nowhere near as dangerous as the first half)

Ipswich fans got behind their team especially mocking David James every time the ball came near him and I was surprised they only got 2 in the end.

City fans were quiet all game much quieter than Doncaster where other than the goal there was very little to cheer.

I know its a long way I know the ticket prices werent cheap I know its a 4 hour drive on a bank holiday but

After our chairman has shown his passion for the new club and we have 3 players making their debuts

It seems to me there are more people on here who want to fill this board argue about tactics manager goalkeeper etc etc rather than turn up and get behind the team. I have much more time for those posts written by people who actually GO to a game.

For what its worth we rode our luck in the first half when Ipswich hit the woodwork 3 times, before half time we were the better team, I thought Cisse Pitman and Stead all played well, Adomah was our best player. He might be even better if he played on his natural right wing, Sproule did nothing over there today. So at half time thought we might sneak a draw, but as soon as the goal went in the spirit drained out of the players,Adomah looked very tired (which he was entitled to as he had had done 90% of the attacking from the wings - Sproule did very little) Stead and Pitman kept working with the scraps of possession they had (but they looked nowhere near as dangerous as the first half)

Ipswich fans got behind their team especially mocking David James every time the ball came near him and I was surprised they only got 2 in the end.

City fans were quiet all game much quieter than Doncaster where other than the goal there was very little to cheer.

Mate I was there yesterday but you have moreorless mentioned reasons for people not travelling anyway the way I saw yesterday

£31/£33 admission, you tell me that if you have a young family that you can shell out a king's ransom to watch a game that was always going to be of poor quality

4 hour drive + an extra hour sitting on the M25 watching half of the United Nations passing/sat next you you

Also mate, some of our players are acting like they couldn't care less at the moment, they are happy to take there big wage packet and not worry about those of us who are forking out a substantial portion of ours just to keep them in work.

Did you honestly expect anything else yesterday, we couldn't even take advantage of the Sun's 2 for 1 offer, only about 20 people took that offer up.

Anyways those of us in the fortunate position of being able to attend lots of games are just that fortunate(well I think so sometimes) however my friend as much as I appreciate where you are coming from you have to remember that unless we as a team start producing a bit of fight on the pitch then people arent going to be able to justify throwing £30 down the drain.

Nevermind though I'll see you at Scunny

It was 390 away fans really. My brother is wheelchair bound and lives in Ipswich. We went into the disabled area behind the goal City tried to defend in the 2nd half, so we were classified as home supporters despite me wearing a City shirt and a red & white scarf.

Out of all the other City fans who attended though, it would be interesting to see how many went because they're "City till they die" and how many went simply because they thought City might win that one.

Total attendance was over 19,000. Ipswich is smaller than Bristol, yet their gate was higher than that of City & gas combined. In April we'll have to compare how many home & away fans attend AG for the return fixture.

about 30 down on last season and nearly double the season before that.

standard crowd for Ipswich away.

It was 390 away fans really. My brother is wheelchair bound and lives in Ipswich. We went into the disabled area behind the goal City tried to defend in the 2nd half, so we were classified as home supporters despite me wearing a City shirt and a red & white scarf.

Out of all the other City fans who attended though, it would be interesting to see how many went because they're "City till they die" and how many went simply because they thought City might win that one.

Total attendance was over 19,000. Ipswich is smaller than Bristol, yet their gate was higher than that of City & gas combined. In April we'll have to compare how many home & away fans attend AG for the return fixture.

To be honest even if I was given four free tickets I would not travel to Ipswich to watch this shower of shite at the moment.

I was at the Game with my family mate. Was sitting on the far right on the end row with the stewards. Had White shorts on and home shirt! It was a bad attendance, there were reasons like cost but it was very very poor!

David james did not acknowledge us, that's what upset us the most! You Could tell you were at the game because your player evaluation was spot on! To add to that and what hasent been said is we played route one and pitman was incredibly fed up! Macallister and Fontaine we awful and as you said adomah was our best player by a long shot!

Pretty harsh to be fair. I would of been there if I could. I finished work at 12 on saturday and spent £110 on getting my car repaired on Thursday and also spent close to £300 on a new washing machine this week. Add to that having 2 young children its basically impossible for me to go to (and afford) most away games but I am a season ticket holder. Still not a true fan though. :disapointed2se:

I think we have to be realists.

At the moment, I'm young and pretty-much commitment free and in a well paid job, so I can afford to get to every away game. But if I were fully supporting a home of my own (though I'm not living with my parents!) and/or supporting a family, there's little chance of me making the more far-flung over-priced games.

I normally do all games home and away. Ipswich is one place I refuse to return to as I am appalled at having to pay £31 to sit in that crappy little stand add your coach fare and you are talking £62 for an away trip. Am with you on this one Portland Bill.....

There are many clubs higher than us whose population is smaller than ours. All that tells you is that the population of Bristol isn't as interested in football as that of other communities - or to be more cynical, perhaps Bristol hasn't produced a decent team for many decades?

Wigan (~80,000), Blackburn (~100,000), Blackpool (~140,000), Bolton (~140,000) Newcastle (~190,000) and Stoke (~240,000) are Premier League clubs who represent communities smaller than ours (note they are all northern communities, apart from Stoke who are probably what you might call the border of the midlands and the north, being halfway between Birminham and Manchester). Recent Premier league clubs from the 'south' who are smaller than us, population-wise, are Southampton and Portsmouth (230,000 and 200,000 respectively).

So I guess, all in all, we're a pretty poorly supported club considering we are almost twice the size of the most populous communities I've mentioned, being around 450,000. Therefore it should be no surprise that a club like Ipswich (~122,000) can attract more support than us.

Prices are going to force us ordinary folk out of the game long term. I have followed City all over the country, but sorry to say I can`t afford to travel to every game. Some fans scrimp and save to watch these over paid players kick a ball around.

Times are hard. For me to travel to City home games plus the ticket costs me £70. The money just ain`t there any more, and now they are asking me join the City foundation!!!

I love City, am a member at the club,but something has to give, and my family comes first.

Wigan took 60 to White Hart Lane. Yes. *SIXTY* :noexp:

The premier leagues bubble has burst, half the games are no where near selling out. Look at the game on tv now,empty seats all over Villa Park. Villa and Everton, two average teams playing caveman long ball

80's football. All brawn and no brain. Wigan have never had any support but even the few they had have obviously seen enough of..........:laugh: "the best league in the world"!!

Add to the above reasons, the fact that everybody and his dog could see we were going to come away with absolutley nothing at Ipswich, and you've probably wrapped up all the reasons why only 380 bothered.

Do you only go to games to watch us win?

This seems a strange attitude given that "we" are Bristol City. city.gif

Strangely, I'd say that my favourite City games are ones that we have lost.

PS No, I didn't go to Ipswich.

As many have said the main factor is money.. Its not just us that seem to have dwindling numbers, almost every club at this level could and should be getting more. Coventry for example getting an avg of 12,000 is a disgrace considering what they were getting in the prem not that long ago.If prices keep on going up then chairmans will have to get used to seeing empty grounds week in week out.

No i didnt go to Ipswich and quite frankly have better things to do on a saturday then spend alomst a 100er on city.. Fair play to the hardcore that did go but my prioritys lie elsewhere to be honest. I have a season ticket and will probably get to a few away games this year depending on how things pan out but that is about my limit!

Cant be bothered anymore to be honest - little one on the way, wife to keep happy and spending £100 on watching City wont do that!!

I used to watch every game, now i dont have a s/t and cant justify the price every week, I shall do Leeds, cardiff and Boro this season and maybe Coventry away.

Football i have found is an easy habit to get out of.

Archived