IGNORED

Vs Watford

Hmmm

I cant see the team being stable until late the next chunk of 4 games are out of the way, I think by the end of it we will end up with somthing like

James

hunt, carey, stewart, ribs

adomah, skuse, cisse, rose

haines sted

pitman, ivan, fontaine, macca, clarkson, johnson, gerkin

skuse and cisse are both more creative than marvin who is great but a bit of a blunt tool at times. Ribs is 10x the player macca is even though he's a right footed central defender, haines can score at this level pitman needs time like we gave to nicky.

i suspect we could have bought a very decent left back for the reported 800k we spent on Pitman and, frankly, half that money would get us someone better than macca. macca has been great but he's finished imo, pity Millen has not woken up to that yet.

Your right. He is just a back up defender now. But who do you get in?

i suspect we could have bought a very decent left back for the reported 800k we spent on Pitman and, frankly, half that money would get us someone better than macca. macca has been great but he's finished imo, pity Millen has not woken up to that yet.

a tenth of 800 grand would of got someone better than macca

Totally agree but I do feel that Millen sees the defence that started tonight as his first choice back line.

I cant see the team being stable until late the next chunk of 4 games are out of the way, I think by the end of it we will end up with somthing like

James

hunt, carey, stewart, ribs

adomah, skuse, cisse, rose

haines sted

pitman, ivan, fontaine, macca, clarkson, johnson, gerkin

skuse and cisse are both more creative than marvin who is great but a bit of a blunt tool at times. Ribs is 10x the player macca is even though he's a right footed central defender, haines can score at this level pitman needs time like we gave to nicky.

i think you will find Ribs is a right back.

I think wholesale changes are going to have to occur at the back- to be honest, it mystifies me as to why changes haven't already been made. Carey and Ribiero HAVE to start on Saturday now

Ribs is a right back; Hunt may have had a bad game tonight but its left back and now, increasingly, centre back that is the area that needs urgent surgery and there is little change there from last season. Why did carey not come on? Millen decisions are looking a tad amateurish.

Does anyone else ever get frustrated how 'soft' we've become? It's probably just me, but I think lacking any 'hardmen' in this league is a real disadvantage. I don't just mean players that put in clumsy late tackles - I mean strong, aggressive players that intimidate the opposition.

If he doesn't I can't see why he sticks with them. Carey and ribs are now fit and Williams can't even make the bench.

Hope I'm wrong but can't see any other reason.

No i am sure you are right and that is why we should all be very worried but Millen's the boss and he knows best... no? time will tell.

Does anyone else ever get frustrated how 'soft' we've become? It's probably just me, but I think lacking any 'hardmen' in this league is a real disadvantage. I don't just mean players that put in clumsy late tackles - I mean strong, aggressive players that intimidate the opposition.

Cole Skuse is captain, what do you expect?

We are spineless and gutless and our captain leads by example!

Your right. He is just a back up defender now. But who do you get in?

Williams for now. I am not much of a fan of Fontaine i must say, anymore, and Stewart does not seem to cut the mustard either.. that is arguably a bigger problem as he's a new lad. Millen has one hell of a job on his hands now. Why Carey did not play a part tonight boggles the mind. Millen must be a masochist, i cannot think of any other reasoning.

Maybe he's into acupuncture, herbal medicine and santeria as well. One of those should sort us out, he obviously thinks.

Nope. I think SL will give him all season at least.

.I think SL.. ( like the ticket buying fans ) is being royally ripped-off by half his employees at AG at the moment, they are picking up top money for producing the kind of mediocrity most unpaid amateurs would be embarassed about... If HargreavesLansdown was blessed with the calibre of staff that SL has be lumbered with at City - he wouldnt have a business or the means to fund his money pit of a hobby... diabolical.

People (players/management) should be looking hard at themselves right now, then looking at the poor sods who often can ill-afford the kind of monetary commitment required to support a football club nowadays (& therefore the luxury lifestyles of players that goes with it) & honestly ask themselves are they any better than merchant bankers!!. .

Archived