IGNORED

According To Baraclough - Wallford Enroute

sh1t_ref_again

Wingers?

Sproule - off in the summer.

Rose - loan obviously finishes in the summer, he's got some talent but not sure about his attitude.

Adomah - fantastic start to the season, but his form has dipped. Can he regain his form? Certainly hope so.

Campbell-Ryce - hmm, good and bad. City need more consistency from him, which is unlikely.

So yes, even if Woolford is an out-and-out left winger City need him down the left this season and next. Good forward thinking signing by Millen. From next season City could be down to three wingers - Adomah obviously on the right, and Campbell-Ryce meanwhile can be the reserve for either side.

I don't think Adomah form has dipped, he just been targeted has our danger man and teams are doubling up on him, agree with all the other points.

Ive been saying for ages (admittidely not on the forum) that we need a creative RM/LM cause although we offer nothing going forwards with Elliot/Skuse in the middle someone who can release the strikers dow the wing and bomb it into the box might do the job. Also i think it is good that he's on the left cause any idiot with a foot can pass to Adomah.

Yay a winger! Just what we're desperately in need of! we don't have any of those in the squad!!

What a pile of tosh and I can't believe how easily pleased the majority on here seem to be. We are still shite in the middle of the park , the heart of the team and until this is addressed I don't see much changing.

I'm no fan of Millen (!) but your comments are way over the top. This will be a quality signing if it comes off.

woolford can play all across the middle but is a left winger,

are you morons telling me your happy with the rightfooted JCR on the left wing or the currently injured Rose on the left wing?

Woolford is Scunny's top scorer in a side who have scored less then us and he also scored more goals from midfield then all our midfielders put together,

as well as scoring the same amount of goals as our top scorer,

Your so ungreatful

I get his point in a way, just the way he has come across is ungrateful.

Woolford would be a good signing, however, a centre midfielder and a defender should have been top priority. We are so weak in the middle its unreal. Ok, Woolford can play there....but we need some one there who can naturally play there! Same with left back really

Keogh and Woolford would be great signings, but those expecting some massive turn around will be let down

I don't think Adomah form has dipped, he just been targeted has our danger man and teams are doubling up on him, agree with all the other points.

Yeah, that is fair. Hopefully when (if!) Woolford signs on the dotted line this will mean opposition teams will be worried about both flanks. If they double up on Adomah, this will hopefully mean Woolford has more space and time on the ball. And vice-versa. But this is where City really have to improve, and spread the ball more evenly across the pitch...

If we're signing players on a permanent contract we need to need them beyond this season and nobody can say we don't need a left sided player with any real conviction.

Woolford can apparently play left back, left wing or in a free role. Rose is injured (and won't be here next season regardless). JCR is shit on the left and should be looked at as competition for Adomah on the right. McAllister is injured still I think and poor when he isn't.

Do we still need a central midfielder? Shit yeah. But what on earth does that have to do with this signing?

I hope Woolford is a great player for us, I know little about him and will give him plenty of time to show what he can do. If he's as good as Millen's other signings he'll be very welcome.

this is the same quote from the Millen interview re transfers which was done around lunch time since then Baraclough has come out and says he'll miss him as the start of the thread states and then had the bbc report him possibly coming her via Helicopter... but yes no done deal as yet... but hopefully just the medical we are waiting on reallyfingerscrossed.gif

That's a fair old poke from Scunny - lets hope he puts his bloody foot down!

1626: BBC Bristol tell me that S****horpe midfielder Martyn Woolford is currently en route (by helicopter?) to Ashton Gate to complete a move to Bristol City. The clubs have agreed a deal for the 25-year-old and he is due to have a medical this evening.

Pretty quick those things!!!!!

Potentially a great signing. Ideally we need four who can play wide in a 4-4-2. At present we have AA, JCR, and Ivan. Rose is not only injured but is a loanee and will probably not be here next season. So another will be needed in the Summer if Ivan is off, unless of course we have a youngster that can step up to the plate.

Yay a winger! Just what we're desperately in need of! we don't have any of those in the squad!!

What a pile of tosh and I can't believe how

easily pleased the majority on here seem to be. We are still shite in the middle of the park , the heart of the team and until this is addressed I don't see much changing.

This could mean that Danny Rose will be given the chance to play in central midfield though? Just a thought like.

In view of the generally accepted view that Woolford is not our creative midfielder in waiting i will look forward to what KM has to say about that position.

While i welcome new players if they add to the squad and this guy would seem to be doing just that i would find it somewhat strange we are filling another position ahead of the clubs, and Millen's, hitherto stated view that the two priority positions are left back and creative midfielder.

Vamos a ver...

Just about to post the same Bill

I thought I read somewhere that it was his favoured position

Regardless of what your opinion is of McIndoe - we have never properly replaced him.

If this guy proves to be more effective on the left hand side, and contributes with a few goals, he will be a real asset to the team and squad.

JCR does not seen to effect games enough - and who else do we have at the moment? Could be a great signing - well done Keiff.

:fingerscrossed:

P.S. What is the M32 looking like - how's the traffic??

Archived