IGNORED

According To Baraclough - Wallford Enroute

sh1t_ref_again

How can they stall on the deal they've allowed the player to travel down to Bristol for talks and they've agreed a fee with us.

I would imagine the lad would be mighty p*ssed off if he's driven all that way and then be told he can't sign as his club now want to keep him as they cant find a replacement.

How can they stall on the deal they've allowed the player to travel down to Bristol for talks and they've agreed a fee with us.

I would imagine the lad would be mighty p*ssed off if he's driven all that way and then be told he can't sign as his club now want to keep him as they cant find a replacement.

Until it's signed they can legally do what they like, but I suspect if the player wants the move to happen it will one way or the other.

No idea of the timeline but could it be they started getting awkward because Keith said that? Not a wise thing to say in the middle of negotiations I would think.:disapointed2se:

Good point on the timing issue because i believe Millen said it in his audio conference with Adam earlier in the day; it would be somewhat disingenuous for The Iron to put a spanner in the works, because of it, so late in the day but it is what i was thinking initially.

I see Sheff Utd are also after a scunny player; their centre half i think. This additional enquiry may have had more impact on that announcement from the iron board ref woolford replacement.

We will know soon i suppose.

hinsleburg

@bean_head is it true s****horpe are trying to stall the woolford deal until they sign a replacement?

bean_head Adam Baker

@hinsleburg yep

They signed Mark Duffy (Woolford's replacement) from Morecambe last week......

They have been holding this move up all through this transfer window......they are playing up!!!!

BCAGFC

Yay a winger! Just what we're desperately in need of! we don't have any of those in the squad!!

What a pile of tosh and I can't believe how easily pleased the majority on here seem to be. We are still shite in the middle of the park , the heart of the team and until this is addressed I don't see much changing.

Could always play Adomah, or for that matter Woolford in a free role just off the striker(s). May not be a central midfielder but then wingers deployed centrally as playmakers are an increasing factor today.

As for Rose, I've seen some criticism on here. One thing he does well however is track back- something I'm far from convinced JCR especially is especially adept at.

You bore people with the constant rubbish you post so why should i shut up? pipe down boy!

But did he piss on peoples chips at school?, Original i don't target yours comments but its hard with some of your comments not to wonder what is between your brain, Ashton Park 1989-1994 Secondary school years we had a mad year but we didn't piss on peoples chips.

""1626: BBC Bristol tell me that S****horpe midfielder Martyn Woolford is currently en route (by helicopter?) to Ashton Gate to complete a move to Bristol City. The clubs have agreed a deal for the 25-year-old and he is due to have a medical this evening.""

Seems likely to happen. Assuming he passes the medical.

Forget every other position, a decent midfielder is what we are really desperate for. Let's hope he passes the medical.

These are the players they have brought in during the window up until this morning.. they have been one of the most active clubs so this stalling thing by them, if true, is just to bump the fee up by testing our resolve.

In: Abdisalam Ibrahim (Manchester City, undisclosed), Paul Reid (Colchester United, undisclosed), Ben Gordon (Chelsea, loan), Eddie Nolan (Preston North End, undisclosed), Mark Duffy (Morecambe, undisclosed), Andy Hughes (Leeds United, free), Mark Duffy (Morecambe, undisclosed), Lee Miller (Middlesbrough, loan)

That last one brings back memories!!

Surely there must be a midfielder amongst that lot?

But did he piss on peoples chips at school?, Original i don't target yours comments but its hard with some of your comments not to wonder what is between your brain, Ashton Park 1989-1994 Secondary school years we had a mad year but we didn't piss on peoples chips.

Seriously dude, give it a rest...

18.53 - I'm being inundated on Twitter - understandably - for news regarding Martyn Woolford. Hopefully we'll have an update soon, but for now please sit tight. Situation remains unchanged, City have agreed a fee with S****horpe, just subject to medical and personal terms.

18.53 - I'm being inundated on Twitter - understandably - for news regarding Martyn Woolford. Hopefully we'll have an update soon, but for now please sit tight. Situation remains unchanged, City have agreed a fee with S****horpe, just subject to medical and personal terms.

Which suggests Scunny are not holding out,:fingerscrossed:

These are the players they have brought in during the window up until this morning.. they have been one of the most active clubs so this stalling thing by them, if true, is just to bump the fee up by testing our resolve.

In: Abdisalam Ibrahim (Manchester City, undisclosed), Paul Reid (Colchester United, undisclosed), Ben Gordon (Chelsea, loan), Eddie Nolan (Preston North End, undisclosed), Mark Duffy (Morecambe, undisclosed), Andy Hughes (Leeds United, free), Mark Duffy (Morecambe, undisclosed), Lee Miller (Middlesbrough, loan)

That last one brings back memories!!

Surely there must be a midfielder amongst that lot?

There's only 2 Mark Duffys, 2 Mark Duuuuuuuffffys

Anyway, how can Scunny be stalling looking for a replacement, surely this isn't a last minute surprise for them when he's been known about coming here for days? And there's always the loan market next week, get him on board now!

quality goal though that with York city is non league , had a look on youtube couldn't find any goals of his since joining scunny though apparently his goal in the 2009 play off final against millwall is good.

He scored a consolation against Man U when they lost in the cup at home 2-5. that was a live match.

Good quality set pieces are good quality set pieces in my book; no matter what division it is... a left footed free kick taker; thats worth something and he put a nice curl on that ball.

He scored a consolation against Man U when they lost in the cup at home 2-5. that was a live match.

Good quality set pieces are good quality set pieces in my book; no matter what division it is... a left footed free kick taker; thats worth something and he put a nice curl on that ball.

Sure does seem to have a eye from a goal , scored this goal against Leicester from a pretty acute angle not the best quality though.

http://vodpod.com/watch/2595138-martyn-woolford-v-leicester

Archived