IGNORED

Season Tickets

marmite

Yep, without doubt.

city are for life, through thick and thin, through good spells and bad spells,

What else am I supposed to do on a Saturday? Spend time with wife and family......behave

Can understand the youngsters who are off to uni. But apart from that most of the non renewals will be from the left overs glory hunters who signed up in the play-off final season

Funny that, been a ST since 1969, and wont be renewing, so hardley a glory hunter Donald. Take your red tinted specs off and wake up, the fair on offer is utter dross.

There's a lot of self-styled 'superfans' on this thread ('no choice mate', 'not an option', 'way of life, innit').

There's also a lot of abuse to those who dare to say they won't be renewing ('glory hunters').

Water off a duck's back....

I've followed City for 50 years, a season ticket holder for the past 11 years, and at my age, Bristol City is not as big a priority in my life as it was when I was younger. Yes, I have more disposable income now (one of the reasons I could finally afford a season ticket!), but I choose to spend it on more important things in my life (yes! believe it or not, there are things more important than Bristol City! - shock! horror!).

So, with that in mind, at this moment in time, I will not be renewing. I've missed more games through apathy and illness this season than I have since I first got my ST, and I can honestly say I haven't missed it.

Bristol City will always be 'my team' - as many say: you are born to it, but that doesn't mean I have to throw away good money after bad watching the dire stuff that has been served up in the guise of 'professional football' in the last couple of seasons.

I'll renew but I probably need my head examined for doing so.

Money's very tight in the Robbo household ATM and the cost of a ST last year was the biggest single payment I made for anything - bar one horrendous utility bill!

Working strange hours, I often miss games and I would be better off with POTD but sentimentality means I want to continue sitting in the seat that my late father used.

So what your saying is you have had a season ticket through the good times but now theres some mildly bad times you don't wanna know?

A Bristol City gloryhunter? You won't get much glory watching City mate.

What the good times when we were bottom of the league in league 1, when i went to swindon away in the rain and lost 2 - 1 and when i went to swansea away and lost 7 - 1, oh yeah I'm such a glory hunter! I wonder if your were at Leeds, Cardiff, Swansea and Forest away this season?

Don't think your such a big man that if we do go down and have a season ticket it doesn't prove anything! Wow you will be paying £12 a game over the course of a season good on you!

The prices as they are at the moment if i decide to go to 10 home games next season it will cost me £25 a ticket, so thats £250, so don't worry I won't be that far behind you!

I havent said I wouldn't support the club, i just said I would pay on the day when i felt like it as I don't rate league 1 football as a good source of entertainment, which is ultimately what is is right?. I'm 26 years old and due to a knee injury which I am recovering from, next season i should be able to play at a decent standard myself. So I have options, just don't know if I can condone paying £400 on a season ticket to watch dog shit teams I have no interest in!

End of the day if the players get there head out their asses everyone will be enjoying Championship football where we should be!

Yes,believe it or not Iv'e seen a lot worse.But Iv'e see us in the old first division and I've seen us bottom of the whole football league,so what division were in doesn't matter to me.Got to admit though that its also a social/family thing,with my four brothers and old man being season holders.

If going to the City, is just as much a social thing, as it is to just going to watch the football and be entertained. Then i think people will renew their ST's.

But for people who just go to watch the football, then i should imagine they will think twice about renewing if we go down.

Times have changed since those days of the 80's. There is so much more for people to do now. And there disposible income goes on other things. SKY subcriptions and the like.

I'm not a ST holder, just a member, and i choose which home and away games i go to. I'm also not always near Bristol. I also watch football abroad and at other Clubs. I prefer the variety.

I should imagine there are many more fans that won't pay on the day. TBH, if i was SL, i'd be a bit worried.

Thing is City have never really been an out and out entertaining side,yes weve had our moments seasons even,but we've mostly been hard working,honest with a little bit of flair[usually a winger]you seem to be from the same era as me so can probably seen what I mean.Back in those days most city fans came from the working class areas of Bristol,when we were all a bit skint and just enjoyed watching the lads give thier all,wether it was quite good enough or not they tried.Simpler times I know,people expect a lot more for thier money now days which is thier perogative,guess I'm a little old fashioned.

Thing is City have never really been an out and out entertaining side,yes weve had our moments seasons even,but we've mostly been hard working,honest with a little bit of flair[usually a winger]you seem to be from the same era as me so can probably seen what I mean.Back in those days most city fans came from the working class areas of Bristol,when we were all a bit skint and just enjoyed watching the lads give thier all,wether it was quite good enough or not they tried.Simpler times I know,people expect a lot more for thier money now days which is thier perogative,guess I'm a little old fashioned.

Yes, Times have moved on from those simpler days. The biggest difference, is you had to go to watch the football to get your fix. Nowadays, the TV has it on everyday.

I know many people now, who prefer to watch football in their home or down the Pub with their mates. Granted you won't see City play that often on the box...But how many armchair fans, are fans of Premier League sides these days? Hoardes of them. Most have never even stepped inside the ground of the team they follow.

Sitting in a pub with your mates watching the football, and spending £20-£30 on beer, for many is a better option.

As an example...Last night i treated my elderly father to a night out at the Gate. He has a dodgy knee, so i thought i'd get him a comfy seat in the Williams.

For two of us it was £66. Then the train travel. £9 Then a couple of beers and some nibbles £19 Taxi £8 Total for the night £ 102

Was it good value... Not really.

I'm sure it's the same for many others.

I started this thread to guage general opinion and as I thought it has been mixed, which means in fact that season ticket sales will drop. People near me in the Ateyo last night were discussing this and many said no renewal next season. Its not about which division we are in or about being glory hunting fans because we dont know where we will play next year yet no matter how optomistic or pesemistic you are. The general feeling was the style of play under the present regime and the lack of effort from the players was taking the club backwards and certainly not value for money. I've watched this club in every division for over 50 years but I get no buzz now on matchdays. Its all becoming a bit of a drag to get to matches and money will get tighter for everyone from now on. I am still open minded about next year but at the moment I am leaning towards a NO. I really wonder if SL has taken his eye off the football side of things while the stadium debate is draging on.

Yes, Times have moved on from those simpler days. The biggest difference, is you had to go to watch the football to get your fix. Nowadays, the TV has it on everyday.

I know many people now, who prefer to watch football in their home or down the Pub with their mates. Granted you won't see City play that often on the box...But how many armchair fans, are fans of Premier League sides these days? Hoardes of them. Most have never even stepped inside the ground of the team they follow.

Sitting in a pub with your mates watching the football, and spending £20-£30 on beer, for many is a better option.

As an example...Last night i treated my elderly father to a night out at the Gate. He has a dodgy knee, so i thought i'd get him a comfy seat in the Williams.

For two of us it was £66. Then the train travel. £9 Then a couple of beers and some nibbles £19 Taxi £8 Total for the night £ 102

Was it good value... Not really.

I'm sure it's the same for many others.

Just wondering, as I yearn for simpler era,does that make me simple. :whistle2:

I'll not be renewing. I won't bore by explaining why in detail - suffice to say that this season has been a bitter disappointment...after a number of years of following the club home and away and watching the majority of our matches. The best prospect of a return to the top flight since we dropped out in 1980 has been squandered through some predictably awful management. I have no faith that if I pay up front my tiny investment will bring me any reward. So I'll POTD and pick and choose. Let's hope I regret losing the ST discount and we're sold out every week.

On glory hunting I'll simply say that glory and Bristol City are rarely bed fellows. No ST holder at the Gate goes expecting "glory". In the past few years my love of the club has taken me pre-season to Weymouth, Dorchester and Hereford for mid-week friendlies - and from Plymouth to Colchester, Preston to Ipswich, Doncaster to Cheltenham. In the distant past I've been in a crowd of under 3k for a home cup tie and away with a handful at Dulwich Hamlet to see us struggle to hold Corinthian Casuals. I've raised three devoted City fans despite them barely having visited Bristol to do anything other than watch football.

Takes a lot for me to feel so distant from the club. Dreadful football, flash overpaid players warming the bench, a manager with a charisma by-pass and a tax exile chairman who's currently all talk...that's what's driven me away.

Give me a bit of entertainment and I'm sure I'll be back. I'm not expecting that any time soon under this regime.

This thread has turned into a "Super fan I love city more than you" slagging match! anyone who doesnt renew are classed as 'fickle' its pathetic! classic OTIB at its very best.

If for instance someone does not renew due to financial reasons then what league we're in will have no bearing on it. However if you would renew if we're playing in the second tier, but not in the third, then surely that makes you a fickle fan? It's not an insult as such but if you're only in it for success (which I'm not saying you are) then you're evidently fickle. Would you not agree?

Had a season ticket till this year. Me and my son make 360mile round journey for home games and with cost of fuel now it's not worth it. Looking at £40fuel, food on way down, there and back looking at £80 a time. Can't justify the cost anymore been to 4 home games this year and will just pick and choose, the football at moment doesn't help but just financial circumstances now.

It pains me to think l contribute to Skuse's wages, so unless he leaves it's unlikely l'll renew.

Equally, there is no way l am entrusting that Lansdown character with anymore of my money. My last lot of cash also went towards a 'past it' goalkeeper, paying the wages of a man pretending to be a Championship Manager and the new stadium debacle.

However, its really the boredom, watching City is just so mundane at the moment. It was so bad last might l went and tried one of those Chicken Balti Pies from our top notch caterers, what was l thinking!

Nope, l would rather spend my time tending to my estate, checking my boundaries and walking the dogs!

regardless of what division we are in, if we have a manager i actually beleive will improve us (get the players busting a gut and passing the ball to a red shirt) i will get a ST. if millen is still there no chance. we need a complete clearout of the backroom staff and start again. its simply dross.

I'll not be renewing. I won't bore by explaining why in detail - suffice to say that this season has been a bitter disappointment...after a number of years of following the club home and away and watching the majority of our matches. The best prospect of a return to the top flight since we dropped out in 1980 has been squandered through some predictably awful management. I have no faith that if I pay up front my tiny investment will bring me any reward. So I'll POTD and pick and choose. Let's hope I regret losing the ST discount and we're sold out every week.

On glory hunting I'll simply say that glory and Bristol City are rarely bed fellows. No ST holder at the Gate goes expecting "glory". In the past few years my love of the club has taken me pre-season to Weymouth, Dorchester and Hereford for mid-week friendlies - and from Plymouth to Colchester, Preston to Ipswich, Doncaster to Cheltenham. In the distant past I've been in a crowd of under 3k for a home cup tie and away with a handful at Dulwich Hamlet to see us struggle to hold Corinthian Casuals. I've raised three devoted City fans despite them barely having visited Bristol to do anything other than watch football.

Takes a lot for me to feel so distant from the club. Dreadful football, flash overpaid players warming the bench, a manager with a charisma by-pass and a tax exile chairman who's currently all talk...that's what's driven me away.

Give me a bit of entertainment and I'm sure I'll be back. I'm not expecting that any time soon under this regime.

Great post, and I know many of us feel the same.It's not about glory vs blind loyalty. It's about dire soulless football played by players who have no allegiance to the club and support. I have fallen out of love with the game, which almost feels like a bereavement, because the loss is palpable.The fodder we have been served over the last two seasons added to the World Cup debacle has soured things for me. Many of those I regularly stand with in the EE feel the same and between just 4 of us our accumulated years of supporting City is well over 150. Not exactly glory hunters!!

Great post, and I know many of us feel the same.It's not about glory vs blind loyalty. It's about dire soulless football played by players who have no allegiance to the club and support. I have fallen out of love with the game, which almost feels like a bereavement, because the loss is palpable.The fodder we have been served over the last two seasons added to the World Cup debacle has soured things for me. Many of those I regularly stand with in the EE feel the same and between just 4 of us our accumulated years of supporting City is well over 150. Not exactly glory hunters!!

Two good posts.

I would love to renew (had a season ticket since I gave up playing 5 years ago) but simply cannot afford to at the moment so will have to pick and choose games next season whether we stay up or not. Sadly the number of my mates attending has dwindled for (mainly) financial reasons rather than the lack of entertainment in last couple of years..

Funny enough, I was only saying this the other day. With everything that has happened over the last 12/18 months....its as if I have falling out of love with the game. I've had a season ticket for 16 years now, and it will depend what league were in whether I renew. Not a faithful fan? if people wish to think that, so be it. However I am sick to the back teeth of a club being ran so poorly.

This club actually seems dead. There is absolutely no togetherness on the pitch, or off it. There certainly isnt any togetherness between playing staff and fans. I look at absolute wasters like Damien Stewart, Nicky Hunt, Cisse and Clarkson....and it angers me. For all his failings towards the end, Gary Johnson really bought this club together as a whole, and for that, Ill always be grateful to him. His first three years, we accomplished so much down to this club being so tight nit. Now, as Red Badger said.....I just see so many people getting an easy ride at our expense.

Lansdown. Ok, granted....he covers our debt, for that im grateful, but dont forget its a debt he has allowed to rack up. He continuously backed Tinnion, GJ when it was clear to see a change was needed, and he is doing exactly the same with Millen.

In all 16 years of having a season ticket, and the couple of years I watched before that......Ive never known the club and its supporters be so distant from each other

no i wont be.

Living in Scotland its just to expensive for me now with other family commitments ect. Ill just pay on the day and choose when i want to go a see a match.

travel from Scotland... you lucky so 'n so - think yerself lucky you dont live in Bristol, then you'd have something to grumble about, have you seen the cost of Firstbus tickets ?... :)

Funny enough, I was only saying this the other day. With everything that has happened over the last 12/18 months....its as if I have falling out of love with the game. I've had a season ticket for 16 years now, and it will depend what league were in whether I renew. Not a faithful fan? if people wish to think that, so be it. However I am sick to the back teeth of a club being ran so poorly.

This club actually seems dead. There is absolutely no togetherness on the pitch, or off it. There certainly isnt any togetherness between playing staff and fans. I look at absolute wasters like Damien Stewart, Nicky Hunt, Cisse and Clarkson....and it angers me. For all his failings towards the end, Gary Johnson really bought this club together as a whole, and for that, Ill always be grateful to him. His first three years, we accomplished so much down to this club being so tight nit. Now, as Red Badger said.....I just see so many people getting an easy ride at our expense.

I can't really agree with this. While Gary did achieve much, it was because he'd lost the respect of his playersin his last season that his card was marked.

There had always been dead wood here too. Styvar, anyone? Stern John?

Can't blame anyone for feeling jaded by the modern game. I feel that too.

Archived