IGNORED

Never Mind The Boos .... Lj's A Winner In Property

headhunter

Read this in the MOS:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-1354164/A-home-win-Bristol-City-s-Lee-Johnson-Footballer-times-1-2million-transfer-perfection.html

Not bad if you are [at best] an average Championship player and you can comment after the successful purchase at £897,000 for a property for sale at £1M, "My offer was accepted because I had the money and could move quickly"

He's spent nearly £100K doing it up and plans to put it on the market at £1.2M.

Do you suppose he's really that bothered when we give him stick for a misplaced pass?

Read this in the MOS:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-1354164/A-home-win-Bristol-City-s-Lee-Johnson-Footballer-times-1-2million-transfer-perfection.html

Not bad if you are [at best] an average Championship player and you can comment after the successful purchase at £897,000 for a property for sale at £1M, "My offer was accepted because I had the money and could move quickly"

Do you suppose he's really that bothered when we give him stick for a misplaced pass?

here we flipping go again give the geezer a break ffs

There is an easy solution to this. Every single true football supporter should tell Murdoch and his Sky organisation to stick his skysports up his arse, it's the only way or we will have put with even mediocre footballers earning more and more even whilst the rest of us in the real world earn less and less and see our spending power diminished by daily rising prices, which don't effect footballers.

Read this in the MOS:

Completly non football post: Whilst I have admiration/jealousy that someone can have wealth to own so many properties it disgusting that anybody is allowed to own such large numbers of houses.

There is a massive supply/demand issue of properties in Britain yet the wealthy can purchase numerous houses.

Fair play to the guy.

Lets all slam him for being rich, clearly we'd all turn down his weekly wage if we were offered it.

Couldn't agree more, he made the best of what he's got and I'm not going to let the old green eyed monster kick off like it does in some quarters about our Chairman's place of residence for instance. BUT next time someone questions his ability and you question that fans right to pass comment on football matters, just remember this young man gets paid very well by our football club and with that above average weekly salary + bonuses comes expectation and above all a desire to win football matches. As wages and transfers saleries increase the average paying fan has a right to expect a return.....the rewards for players and managers are clealry huge (we all knew that) and this illustrates it very well, but at the same time those that take the money must also deal with the expectation and no doubt critism that goes with it....perhaps its "Danger" money after all that they are paid.

There is an easy solution to this. Every single true football supporter should tell Murdoch and his Sky organisation to stick his skysports up his arse, it's the only way or we will have put with even mediocre footballers earning more and more even whilst the rest of us in the real world earn less and less and see our spending power diminished by daily rising prices, which don't effect footballers.

Esmond, footballers asked the going rate, bankers/solicitors who write the own cheques are the ******s imo, if someone offers you £10,000 a week will you say no?, it pisses me off how footballers are targeted all the time, they pay a load of tax back into this country, film stars getting how many million for three months work on a film, yes there box office so are footballers?

There is a massive supply/demand issue of properties in Britain yet the wealthy can purchase numerous houses.

Let's all remember the Tony Blair investment properties in Clifton before we chastise Lee Johnson. Tony Blair and his Labour Party knew damn well there's an affordable housing problem in Bristol and Tony Blair bought up property here to make/suck profit from our fellow Bristolians.

Esmond, footballers asked the going rate, bankers/solicitors who write the own cheques are the ******s imo, if someone offers you £10,000 a week will you say no?, it pisses me off how footballers are targeted all the time, they pay a load of tax back into this country, film stars getting how many million for three months work on a film, yes there box office so are footballers?

Redcliffe, I was actually answering the original post, who was making the point about footballers earnings, I was merely offering my solution.

Let's all remember the Tony Blair investment properties in Clifton before we chastise Lee Johnson. Tony Blair and his Labour Party knew damn well there's an affordable housing problem in Bristol and Tony Blair bought up property here to make/suck profit from our fellow Bristolians.

Unlike Maggie who sold off most of the affordable housing in the first place.God I hate that woman.

Very true, if anyone saw the email of John-Arne Risse's Liverpool wage slip that was leaked 2 or 3 years ago I think he was paying in the region of £50K per month in tax so you make a very valid point. My point is that nobody in football should expect a free ride if they are not performing, the fan in the street has a right to pass comment on football matters (personal issues in my view a totally different matter). We all would take the money given the chance and we all no doubt wish we could play football to Championship standard, but it does miff me at times when we are expected to behave like a repressed head nodding population, yes we support them, yes we want them to perform to the best of their ability, but at the same time the football fraternity has to expect close scruitiny of their performance. The football establishment might not like fans fourms, Gary Johnson didn't like this one very much but he to hasn't done to badly out of Bristol City and football in general, it's just part of the game Gary old son.

Ok Esmond, but really gets to me how footballers are targeted all the time, no dig at you.

Buy the Daily Telegraph not the Mail. The Daily Telegraph target politicians for falsely claiming expenses on second and even third homes. A few politicians are now behind bars due to the efforts of the Daily Telegraph. :dancing6:

As for Lee Johnson's property empire - property could soon be a dodgy game to be in considering there could be a fall in property values and a hike in tax on income from rented property.

He's wisely following the Robbie Fowler route and investigating in property.

did find the comment amusing "Lee and his wife Nicola intend to find a place for his family to rent over the next year while looking for the next renovation project"

then mentioned he's looking for Property in Bristol, Oxford and Milton Keynes.........Milton Keynes??? Eyeing a transfer that way Lee?

Buy the Daily Telegraph not the Mail. The Daily Telegraph target politicians for falsely claiming expenses on second and even third homes. A few politicians are now behind bars due to the efforts of the Daily Telegraph. :dancing6:

As for Lee Johnson's property empire - property could soon be a dodgy game to be in considering there could be a fall in property values and a hike in tax on income from rented property.

Sun and Mirror me, MP's have stole from us for decades, but brushed under the carpet, expenses, we all take the piss, but my company pays for mine, not the tax payer.

did find the comment amusing "Lee and his wife Nicola intend to find a place for his family to rent over the next year while looking for the next renovation project"

then mentioned he's looking for Property in Bristol, Oxford and Milton Keynes.........Milton Keynes??? Eyeing a transfer that way Lee?

:fingerscrossed:

So basically as well as a pro footballer, he's also a property developer, well done to the lad.

Sun and Mirror me, MP's have stole from us for decades, but brushed under the carpet, expenses, we all take the piss, but my company pays for mine, not the tax payer.

I was once given shares by a company I worked for and I was absolutely delighted - problem was that I had to pay income tax on them. A few years later I sold them for less than the income tax I paid on them. :grr:

That was a bit stupid, you should of cashed them in.

That's the free market for you - I thought the shares would increase in value not crash in value !!!! The same goes for Lee Johnson's property empire - he needs to know how to read the market otherwise he could be stuck with near valueless property. Think that could never happen? It did in many cities in England during World War 2.

That's the free market for you - I thought the shares would increase in value not crash in value !!!! The same goes for Lee Johnson's property empire - he needs to know how to read the market otherwise he could be stuck with near valueless property. Think that could never happen? It did in many cities in England during World War 2.

Property as long as you got people paying rent week and week out your'e not far wrong, Johnson is not trying to sell, so he will do alright, but time will tell if his investments come true.

Archived