IGNORED

Never Mind The Boos .... Lj's A Winner In Property

headhunter

oh and another point.......HOW THE HELL, can someone who's spent most of his career playing non-league and the lower 2 divisions afford a 900k house!

Not a dig, but how much are we paying the bloke!!

2-3 years of his current wages I would imagine would cover that!

My understanding is that LJ is on £11k a week at City. I have been told this by a member of the coaching staff who I know well. Make of that what you want.

If that's true, that's a forking disgrace. That's about twice the average wage of a member of our first team squad, according to the last set of accounts.

If his property development skills are as good as his skills on the pitch, he will be living in a cardboard box within 12 months.

it's all very well copying Fowlers business model, afterall he was extremely profitable, however Fowler had more natural ability in his little toe than LJ has all together.

Maybe Lee should concentrate on the day job a liitle more and try to justify some of that wage we are paying him.

Give the lad a break !!!, he is a good member of the squad, he is looking after his new family, and he even admits his Championship days are getting numbered, he still is a good squad member, Millen didnt replace him in the window, and i know from someone at the club, that at least 2 Championship clubs wanted to take him on loan, but Millen wouldnt let him go, Bristol is moving on, and without LJ, but give him some credit for what he has helped the club achieve, he is a good pro !!

The fact that a very average second tier player can be within grasping distance of a 20+ rented property empire just highlights how f---ing out of proportion footballers' wages are. With that amount of property, you can retire on the procedes - if the properties are multiple occupancy.

Yes investment bankers etc etc also earn ridiculous money. But this is a football forum, so let's just concentrate on what a massive V-sign to a hard-pressed nation this sort of pay at AG (and elsewhere) is.

Property as long as you got people paying rent week and week out your'e not far wrong, Johnson is not trying to sell, so he will do alright, but time will tell if his investments come true.

I'll play the red devil's advocate here.....what if this country becomes Red? I mean really full blown Communist - all Lee Johnson's property would be confiscated by the state. Who knows? I always remember a Sunday school lesson where it was said that you come into this world with nothing and you'lll leave with nothing....I thus enjoy spending my money and not investing or saving it. :cool:

Esmond, footballers asked the going rate, bankers/solicitors who write the own cheques are the ******s imo, if someone offers you £10,000 a week will you say no?, it pisses me off how footballers are targeted all the time, they pay a load of tax back into this country, film stars getting how many million for three months work on a film, yes there box office so are footballers?

Just watched West Ham v Birmingham and i'll pick out one player Wayne Bridge must be on 30/40k minimum per week and is a defender and somehow lost a 6' 7" giant and got the wrong side of him and from a set piece 1-0. Like a dentist trying to extract a tooth through your arse, you could'nt make it up, Wayne Bridge 30/40k a week FFS, bloke can't even defend his girlfriend.

Unlike Maggie who sold off most of the affordable housing in the first place.God I hate that woman.

Nationally the Right to buy legislation was introduced during her time as PM.

However you should be aware that the Labour controlled BCC were already selling its council houses at discounted sums long before this.

Not making a political point as I have little respect for any of them, just pointing out the facts.

Just watched West Ham v Birmingham and i'll pick out one player Wayne Bridge must be on 30/40k minimum per week and is a defender and somehow lost a 6' 7" giant and got the wrong side of him and from a set piece 1-0. Like a dentist trying to extract a tooth through your arse, you could'nt make it up, Wayne Bridge 30/40k a week FFS, bloke can't even defend his girlfriend.

When West Ham took him on loan, I read that they had to meet Mr Bridge's £90k per week wages in full, believe it or not!!!

There is an easy solution to this. Every single true football supporter should tell Murdoch and his Sky organisation to stick his skysports up his arse, it's the only way or we will have put with even mediocre footballers earning more and more even whilst the rest of us in the real world earn less and less and see our spending power diminished by daily rising prices, which don't effect footballers.

that trickle of vitriol toward sky may be about to get a whole lot more of a torrent; i was cheered to hear of the landlady who won her case opening the door to a plethora of others waiting to go to court.

strikes me that as it is BSkyB has way too much of a hold on UK cable so how can the govt be considering allowing Murdoch permission to buy the remaining 40% he does not already own? If you or I can buy a subscription via any third country then it will shake up the market and it absolutely needs it.

Frankly, I could never figure out how Bridge got into the England team and before that i could never figure out how he was purchased by Chelsea... he has been utterly ordinary every time i have seen him play. At least Macca has had some blinding performances for us; something Bridge, in my viewing experience, has never had. Of course Macca has also had some torrid performances but that is for another discussion!

He makes it sound like a deliberate property investment strategy but lets face it he bought the place in 2009 just about the time when his dad gave him an improved juicy contract. I dont suppose the thought of not being able to afford the mortgage occurred to him then.

The contract ends this summer, he knows a huge pay decrease is on its way and a move to somewhere like Macclesfield so if I were him I'd be selling up and renting in the meantime as well.

Pretty sure I just saw badger (mrs L) viewing this topic...

Makes you so proud of the vitriolic bullshit this forum is now known for...

For clarifications sake, mrs lansdown, the section of people who personally insult our own players is a distinct minority and the rest of us "human beings" actually support every member of our playing squad ( except nicky hunt)

Fair Play to LJ i say. He's clearly an intelligent guy unlike a lot of football players and is thinking ahead to provide for his family once his career is over. Yes footballers get paid a lot but very few earn enough in their 15 year-sih career to not ever have to work again. He's been very wise in using the extra money he has now (whilst he's on a good football contract) to invest in property which he can now use as a business to live off.

Thanks for posting this, very interesting thread but all you moaners flipping grow up!

Archived