IGNORED

Never Mind The Boos .... Lj's A Winner In Property

headhunter

. I'm not getting involved with the whole footballers are paid too much argument because there's no point. They're paid that much because of the money in football, the money obviously gets distributed down to the players. Is it too much? Who the hell are we to judge.

If we can't judge that, what can we judge?????

I just find the idea of someone earning - say - £11K a week - 50 or more times more than some other poor saps doing a 40-hour week, a bit uncomfortable to say the least. That's as true for 'investment bankers' as it is for footballers.

This isn't about Lee Johnson BTW. He does a job for the team on occasion, providing he's allowed to play to his strengths. Got nothing against the feller.

153/11 = a goal every 13.9 games

Tinnion played 551 games and scored 42 goals = a goal every 13.1 games

the poster I replied to was using goals scored as proof that Johnson is woeful. Johnson also played most of his career with us at a higher level than Tinnion.

who was the better player is opinion. Personally I think Tinnion was because he was stronger and had better passing range, but as I say its opinion and he did it at a lower level in the main.

Harry has made the best post on this thread.

I thought Tinnion's was about 1 in 9, my bad. Yeah I completely agree that goalscoring ratio's aren't everything, Xavi's strike rate is about 1 in 10 for godsake and he's one of the best medfielders in the world, if not the best. Agree with you about Tinnion, his passing range was far superior and he created a lot more than Johnson does. Tinnon clearly played a big part in Murray's success over the years.

What's your opinion on Lee anyway? Good enough for us or not?

If we can't judge that, what can we judge?????

I just find the idea of someone earning - say - £11K a week - 50 or more times more than some other poor saps doing a 40-hour week, a bit uncomfortable to say the least. That's as true for 'investment bankers' as it is for footballers.

This isn't about Lee Johnson BTW. He does a job for the team on occasion, providing he's allowed to play to his strengths. Got nothing against the feller.

The reason footballers are paid so much is because there is so much money in football. When you consider how much money we as fans pay to watch it both live and on the telly, how much sponsors are willing to pay for sponsorship rights and so on the money will naturally filter down to the 'employees'. Which are in the case the footballers. Yes in a perfect world it's not fair and professional football players are clearly extremely lucky individuals but they're not going to turn down this money when they can get it and they'll always be able to get it when we pay so much to consume it. It's a never ending cycle.

The arguments you hear suggesting soldiers should be paid more are of course ludicrous as they are funded by the Government. The Army doesn't generate money, football does. I'm not suggesting it's an easier job or anything like that but unfortunately that's just the way it is.

I thought Tinnion's was about 1 in 9, my bad. Yeah I completely agree that goalscoring ratio's aren't everything, Xavi's strike rate is about 1 in 10 for godsake and he's one of the best medfielders in the world, if not the best. Agree with you about Tinnion, his passing range was far superior and he created a lot more than Johnson does. Tinnon clearly played a big part in Murray's success over the years.

What's your opinion on Lee anyway? Good enough for us or not?

I think Lee is an average standard midfielder for this level. By that I mean he's good enough to do a job for teams in this league but will never be outstanding. Does that make him good enough for us? Hard to say. Probably good enough in a good team playing well but he's not a game changer who'll take a game by the scruff of the neck when we're up against it.

I'd say the same about Skuse, Elliot and Cisse at the moment. Good enough on their day but not eye catching or outstanding.

I think this league is full of average players. If you look at most teams we play there arent many player's you look at and think they'd make a huge difference if they joined us. Theyre all of a very similar standard in my opinion especially in the teams all around us in the bottom half of the table.

I guess what I'm saying is he is good enough but we should be looking for better if we want to push on and create a promotion/playoff team but they're hard to come by and expensive.

Try and think of a much better player in his position who we could afford and attract and it soon becomes hard to draw up a long list.

All that said I think Lee's time is up with us and it's time for him to move on. I wouldnt be gutted if he stayed because he's decent enough but I think we need better to progress.

LJ earns what he earns,what gets me are the people who gauge success or failure by the size of thier bank balance.What a sad, grabbing, greedy little country we've become,my house,car,bank balance is bigger than yours na na na na na,sad.

good to see everyone slagging off Lee Johnson for making some money.....i dnt quite see what the fuss is about here....the guy earns his money....he hasnt been greedy and held out for a move anywhere to get the money, hes been a good player for us in the 4/5 years he has played for us. I will defend him to the hills but even i acknowledge lately his performances have been poor....but hes still a great player to have on the bench as cover and hes hardly the only one whose had a bad patch this season.

With some fans we'd never have a team, cos every time a player has a couple of off games we'd ship them out on loan or sell them!

Fair play to LJ for doing someting with his money rather than just blowing it on gambling, drink, women etc like some of the prem players and rubbing it in everyones face

What a ridiculous thread.

It's been clear to everyone for about 20 years that footballers are overpaid. Why does this come as such a huge surprise to everyone? Or is it just a perfect opportunity to have a go at LJ again.

Look, the average wage in the Championship is probably around £5k per week, so you're talking around £250k per year for arguments sake.

Lee has been a Championship level footballer for 4 years now and so has probably earned in the region of £1m at this level.

He was playing with us at League 1 for a couple of season before that, where we were probably paying him about £2-3k p/w, so lets say around £250k earned there too.

He was at Yeovil for 5 years before that, where he was probably on no more than £1k per week on average over that period, so he pocketed around £250k from them too.

So his career earnings are probably around £1.5million, lets say with a few bonuses on top, he might be up around the £2million mark.

These are the wages of your average footballer people. A footballer who will have spent the all of his career outside of the Premier League. Over the course of his career, I'd imagine LJ has probably earned less than the average Championship / League 1 player.

Lets not be disgusted that a footballer like LJ has earned this much money. There are hundreds of players out there over the past 20 years who've pocketed way more that LJ who simply do not warrant that sort of cash.

LJ has always given 100% for the teams he's played for, and yes, sometimes he's been good, sometimes bad, but I think he's worked out to be somewhere between a good top end League 1 player / average lower end Championship player (who was a part of a team that gained promotion from League 1 and reached a Championship play-off final).

Loads of players have done nothing in the game and have managed to make tonnes more than Lee probably has.

Let's take Lee Trundle as an example. Now don't get me wrong, I like Trundle, but in his short and unsuccessful time with BCFC, we probably paid him (wages/signing on fee/bonuses) something in the region of £2million. That short and unsuccessful spell earned him more in 3 years than LJ has earned in his career!!

Clearly Trundle is a more gifted footballer, but please, is this a fair amount to have paid someone? This is a bloke who spent pretty much all his career in 4th Division level football, and who spectacularly failed at Championship level. Can anyone honestly tell me that Trundle was worth the £2million in wages we paid him?

So lets not give LJ a hard time for being an average footballer. He's earning an average footballers wage.

Oh, and for anyone coming out with the bullcrump about fans paying the players wages etc, get back to the real world and think about this -

If I paid £400 per year for a season ticket for the 6 seasons LJ has been at the club, that would mean an outlay from myself of £2400. Divide that between around 25 players in the squad and I've paid LJ £100 over the course of 6 years. Now I'm sure I can think a a few games over the 6 years where I can safely say I got my money's worth.

Lets look at that again!! That's a contribution from myself of £16 per season for LJ's services. Do you haters seriously begrudge paying that much? I'm happy with that for his 11 goals he's scored for us. His opening goal v QPR on our 1st day in the Championship was worth it. His winner down at Southampton was worth it. His contribution and 5 goals to our promotion was worth it.

Fair play to Lee for using his money wisely. Everyone else, cut the crap. Lee is an average footballer earning an average footballers wage. Get over yourselves.

Fair enough....but it also means he is under scrutiny for was he is being paid his "average" salary for. As I've said fair play to him but if he is not doing the business, in his profession, he is likely to get criticised and that is the issue that many people do not seem to comprehend.....with reward comes resposibility.

I'd also point out your £16 doesn't pay for his or any other persons wages..check the accounts, it is however a valuable contribution towards them.

Get ******* real. Whats happening in Zimbabwe is very ******* far from being funny, as most people from my country have been bitterly aware of for twenty ******* years, and to compare whats happening here to that disasterous mess, is way out of line

I know its not funny that, I was just saying that redistribution of wealth is something to consider, OK using Mugabe as a point of reference was a bit stupid, but I did point out that he was a corrupt genocidal nut job.

Look, the average wage in the Championship is probably around £5k per week, so you're talking around £250k per year for arguments sake.

Lee has been a Championship level footballer for 4 years now and so has probably earned in the region of £1m at this level.

Just to add, there are these things called mortgages where you can loan 3x your earnings, presumably ~£750k in LJ's case.

Personally I think it's disgusting Lee Johnson is being sensible with his and his familys future by investing in property.

I prefer it when footballers show off their wealth and act big time charlies by buying flash cars, wearing diamond encrusted earings and having a really thick tart, plastered in make up on their arms. Where's the chromed out Hummer Lee? Where's the spit roasting video?

The trouble is Lee Johnson has gone soft, and I reckon it's affecting all the players around him. That's why we are struggling, if Lee Johnson was shit with his money, we'd be at the top of the league. IT'S ALL HIS FAULT!!! :ranting:

Archived