IGNORED

Season Ticket Prices Out.

Dollymarie

I think it's a case that a number of people who were full time employed but also part time students found a loophole where they were able to get a letter from their uni/college saying they were a student, great for them, but unfortunately possibly ruinedfor many.

Personally think should have kept student tariff but made sure only full-time students could get it.

Thats the case currently - I'm a part time student, and get student rate tickets but couldnt have a student season ticket

<br />To throw the cat amongst the pigeons. Exactly why should a student get a cheaper ticket anyway?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I think it's an attempt to increase our fan base and indeed not loose fans when they become students.

The underlying cause of this is the fact that when you are a student your income dramatically decreases as you probabaly only work part time. I'm sure your tort response will be "but it's their choice" and if i'm honest i can give this argument a little creedance. However from a revenue driving point of view, you would be silly to not try and cater for all market areas and increase sales.

You could argue that OAPs should pay normal adult prices as they've had all their life to work and save so why should they get a discount? I'm just playing devils advocate, but the point is you try and grow your market in what ever way possible.

I'm chuffed that my son's season ticket is only £50, but he has the same needs as you, takes up a seat like you, so why is his ticket cheaper than yours?

<br /><br /><br />

I think it's an attempt to increase our fan base and indeed not loose fans when they become students.

The underlying cause of this is the fact that when you are a student your income dramatically decreases as you probabaly only work part time. I'm sure your tort response will be "but it's their choice" and if i'm honest i can give this argument a little creedance. However from a revenue driving point of view, you would be silly to not try and cater for all market areas and increase sales.

You could argue that OAPs should pay normal adult prices as they've had all their life to work and save so why should they get a discount? I'm just playing devils advocate, but the point is you try and grow your market in what ever way possible.

I'm chuffed that my son's season ticket is only £50, but he has the same needs as you, takes up a seat like you, so why is his ticket cheaper than yours?

Yeah I agree with what youve put here

To do away with student prices altogether is stupid idea. There is a simple way around it surely, whenever a "student" season ticket is produced, it must be produced with a valid student card.

Make it clear.....no proof......no entry!!

You can even advise students to have their ID ready for when they get to the turnstyle, that way it keeps queues moving a lot quicker

Incredibly short sighted by City and whoever decided this was a good idea

<br /><br /><br />

It was entirely tongue n cheek that i posted. I do however know people getting around the system by getting fake letters from Universties to get Student tickets.

Regarding the cheaper seat for children, well that is entirely fair as you can't choose to be a child!

I think it should run along side an under 21 price

It should be for full time students only and yes, ID should be required for all purchases.

A golf club i insure actually brought in a tariff for 21 to 35 year olds! The thinking was that previously you paid a junior price then all of a sudden you had to £800 a year adult price. The incoming secretary argued that this was silly as during your early years, you earn very little, are getting married, having kids, buying a house etc so why loose these customers? You won't have hit your maximum earning potential either, so if you can keep them until 35 then make the final jump to adult price, you will have the additional income.

Maybe not wholly applicable to City's case, but a good example of creative thinking and realising that it is easier to keep customers then to loose them for 10 years, then try to win the them back.

Another idea is the 10 game voucher book at £140, that Rochdale do. I know the logistics are not immediately straight forward, but it's another way of attracting revenue for those who can't afford a full season ticket, or can't get to every game, like exiles etc.

In fairness to the club though, they did the same the other season when promotion to the Premier League was a distinct possibility.

Which is what I was thinking. The club were willing to reward loyalty when we may have been getting promotion to the Prem, so why not when there's a risk of relegation to league one? Don't get me wrong, i'm delighted with a reduction, but i do feel that it's high for a league one ticket if that's where we end up.

Whenever i used to get student tickets, it was always "Dont worry about showing us your ID now, people on the turnstile will want to see it"

They never did, surely common sense would say to ask for ID when buying tickets, not when you get to the turnstile.

Rather strange practice i thought.

But then what would stop me from just getting a student to buy my ticket? They need to check at the turnstile, but just make it clear that they will be checking and if you dont have your id they wont let you in, no exceptions. Otherwise in the case of a season ticket you could just find a friend who is a student and get them to buy the ticket for you, then just use it all season.

Ridiculous the club has scrapped student prices. Bristol has one of the highest number of student populations in the country, yet the club does next to nothing to attract them to games. Heck, even Bristol Rovers are at 'Freshers Fair's' promoting cheaper tickets. The club are not in a position where they can turn down fans (new & old), and this move will not help the club in the long run. I have been a season ticket holder for 12 years, I choose to stay in the area for university so I can continue supporting the club I love, but this does put doubts on if I'll renew or not. Luckily my Dad might help out, but others are not as fortunate. Hmm, very bad move by the club.

To throw the cat amongst the pigeons. Exactly why should a student get a cheaper ticket anyway?

Because they have less income?

But I'm not a scrounging student, I actually work full time - but am doing a course this year at bristol city college, so I had planned on getting a student season ticket - one cheap season while I can - I actually cant afford an adult one. But the only season I can get a cheap ST, they stop doing em! just my luck

But I'm not a scrounging student, I actually work full time - but am doing a course this year at bristol city college, so I had planned on getting a student season ticket - one cheap season while I can - I actually cant afford an adult one. But the only season I can get a cheap ST, they stop doing em! just my luck

Exactly, make no odds to me and its not a dig but people will rightly say you have a full time job so why should you get a cheap one just becasue your doing a college course aswell??

But then what would stop me from just getting a student to buy my ticket? They need to check at the turnstile, but just make it clear that they will be checking and if you dont have your id they wont let you in, no exceptions. Otherwise in the case of a season ticket you could just find a friend who is a student and get them to buy the ticket for you, then just use it all season.

What stopped you doing that before though? How can city say about a abuse of student tickets when they did nothing to stop it.

I guess i must had bought around 15 student tickets for different games, not once was i asked for ID.

Oh No!

Does that mean I won't be able to listen to your dulcet tones and pass critique on your new songs?

That's the trouble with part timers like you, never know when to dig deep :farmer:

Exactly, make no odds to me and its not a dig but people will rightly say you have a full time job so why should you get a cheap one just becasue your doing a college course aswell??

Why do people who dont work get their rent paid?

why do people get money for not working?

I only want what I'm entitled to - but it looks like i'm not

I'm only disappointed because I probabaly wont afford to get one now

I know i agree about all that and said it wasnt a dig, make no odds to me how much people pay or if they get it cheaper, this is probabaly why theyve dont it though as they class it as a sort of loophole as you work aswell so are not classed as a 'full time' student i suppose.

Then again, why should someone who is only a part time student working full time, get a cheaper ticket than someone who is working full time and not at college.

Surely the point of a student tickets is students "have less money" that everyone else, but if your working full time that doesnt apply.

Then again, why should someone who is only a part time student working full time, get a cheaper ticket than someone who is working full time and not at college.

Surely the point of a student tickets is students "have less money" that everyone else, but if your working full time that doesnt apply.

Yeah well I have a NUS card - so I could have got one....

I'm not saying its right.....

Might not get one if they arent gonna do a student one - that takes the p!ss

I agree.....discounts for students really does take the P155 - buses / cinema / bank accounts....all of it

Unless of course they are going to pay back the savings when they earn the mega salaries after finishing 25yrs in education.......:whistle2:

(Think I might get meself a seat in parliment...I seem to have same ideas as them)

I dont understand where this loophole comes from. For me to get my student season ticket price last season I had to take proof that I was in full time education for the 2010/2011 season to the ticket office. They checked the letter was real (using CSI equipment) and added the record to the system...simples.

Why should Students get a discount just because they only work part-time?

There are plenty of supporters out there who used to work full time but have recently lost their jobs due to the recession. These people may now be earning no money at all or perhaps may have taken on part-time jobs to get by. Is there a discount price for the Unemployed, or for Part-Time workers, or for people who've been made Redundant due to the economy. No there isn't.

Pay your full whack along with everyone else and shut your whining!

A bloke who's lost his job, has no income and has a couple of kids who are still keen on watching City as much as possible doesn't receive any help from the club to fund his ticket. Why should you?

Bloody students.

I dont understand where this loophole comes from. For me to get my student season ticket price last season I had to take proof that I was in full time education for the 2010/2011 season to the ticket office. They checked the letter was real (using CSI equipment) and added the record to the system...simples.

Maybe I cant get one then?! :winner_third_h4h:

Why should Students get a discount just because they only work part-time?

There are plenty of supporters out there who used to work full time but have recently lost their jobs due to the recession. These people may now be earning no money at all or perhaps may have taken on part-time jobs to get by. Is there a discount price for the Unemployed, or for Part-Time workers, or for people who've been made Redundant due to the economy. No there isn't.

Pay your full whack along with everyone else and shut your whining!

A bloke who's lost his job, has no income and has a couple of kids who are still keen on watching City as much as possible doesn't receive any help from the club to fund his ticket. Why should you?

Bloody students.

I'm not a "bloody student"

dingbat.

Archived