IGNORED

Season Ticket Prices Out.

Dollymarie

I cant see myself not getting a ticket, and hadn't given second thought about a change in ticket price until I checked out the birth dates restricting tickets for U16 tickets for my sister.

Between us, ticket will go up, to £485 if bought before March, I am a full time student working part time with only to possibility to get £50 - £100 a week, this supports my living, not drinking or even going out that much - It was something I thought about a few years ago when taking a gap year that I would be over 21 and still a student, personally had never notice Student tickets and my season ticket is classified as U21. I couldn't work the system because of how I've built up loyalty points (another flawed system recognising away trips since 2008) and sitting with friends means a membership on its own probably wouldn't work for me.

Will get saving, anyone want a car wash, baby sat, dog walked? cool2.gif

What stopped you doing that before though? How can city say about a abuse of student tickets when they did nothing to stop it.

I guess i must had bought around 15 student tickets for different games, not once was i asked for ID.

Well I guess nothing would have stopped me doing that before, other than the fact that I'm honest. I guess its the dishonest people everyone should be blaming for spoiling it for everyone else.

I dont understand where this loophole comes from. For me to get my student season ticket price last season I had to take proof that I was in full time education for the 2010/2011 season to the ticket office. They checked the letter was real (using CSI equipment) and added the record to the system...simples.

That controls who can buy the ticket, but what about who can use the ticket?

That controls who can buy the ticket, but what about who can use the ticket?

Get stewards checking tickets like they make people in the east end do, them checking the tickets makes me believe the cards dont work properly and you can use them in any turnstile you want. Otherwise what is the need to check them? Bar a bloke trying to get in on a womans ticket, god forbid. Or a bloke trying to get in a under 16 ticket (But why not check it everywhere if thats the case)

If they did work properly, what is the worse that could happen the odd bloke or woman getting on tickets they shouldnt do. If it was for other stands the card simply wouldnt work. I dont see why they need to check but never got a answer from the club.

When i asked the club, and all i got was "If you have nothing to hide, whats the problem". Charming.

I doubt you would get someone from the williams trying to enter the dolman, guessing noone has ever tried. As for people trying to get into the east end with a few mates from other parts of the ground i can see that, maybe that is why they need to check as the machines dont work.

im a full time student now doing an apprenticeship and i dont think i will be able to afford my season ticket for next season unless the club offer student prices

i am more than happy to show them the letter stating that i am a full time student, would be good for the club to allow this and make it strict enough that unless you have proof they wont sell you a student ticket?

• Admin

im a full time student now doing an apprenticeship and i dont think i will be able to afford my season ticket for next season unless the club offer student prices

i am more than happy to show them the letter stating that i am a full time student, would be good for the club to allow this and make it strict enough that unless you have proof they wont sell you a student ticket?

How times change, there was no option for apprentices to claim student discount when I was an apprentice, we had to pay full whack.

Ridiculous the club has scrapped student prices. Bristol has one of the highest number of student populations in the country, yet the club does next to nothing to attract them to games. Heck, even Bristol Rovers are at 'Freshers Fair's' promoting cheaper tickets. The club are not in a position where they can turn down fans (new & old), and this move will not help the club in the long run. I have been a season ticket holder for 12 years, I choose to stay in the area for university so I can continue supporting the club I love, but this does put doubts on if I'll renew or not. Luckily my Dad might help out, but others are not as fortunate. Hmm, very bad move by the club.

I'm at uni in Newport and the dragons were down at freshers fair selling ST's for £35 down from £130 ish, not the same i know but still i know guys who bought them and i will be going along next year to get hold of one as you only need to go to 3 games or so to make it worth it.

I think it should run along side an under 21 price

It should be for full time students only and yes, ID should be required for all purchases.

A golf club i insure actually brought in a tariff for 21 to 35 year olds! The thinking was that previously you paid a junior price then all of a sudden you had to £800 a year adult price. The incoming secretary argued that this was silly as during your early years, you earn very little, are getting married, having kids, buying a house etc so why loose these customers? You won't have hit your maximum earning potential either, so if you can keep them until 35 then make the final jump to adult price, you will have the additional income.

Maybe not wholly applicable to City's case, but a good example of creative thinking and realising that it is easier to keep customers then to loose them for 10 years, then try to win the them back.

Another idea is the 10 game voucher book at £140, that Rochdale do. I know the logistics are not immediately straight forward, but it's another way of attracting revenue for those who can't afford a full season ticket, or can't get to every game, like exiles etc.

if we had a voucher book thing for say 10 games i would get one, i dont want to get a season ticket as im at uni and cant make every home game however i travel back fairly regularly so it would be a good deal for me

These are the same students who might face a 300% hike in tuition fees in the next few years?! Seriously this is a terrible move by the club. I was a student in Bristol and bought a student ST (Despite being over 21 at the time) and have bought one every year since graduating. Surely it is in the clubs interest to get younger supporters in and show them what a great experience it can be, at times!! I am all for the under 21 but i would like to see it be under 21 AND full time student. Quite feasibly i could buy a ST every season for the next 20 years which i certainly wouldn't have done if that discount wasn't originally available and i bet there are others in the same boat.

• Admin

When I was an apprentice in 1991 take home pay was £99 a week. college was on a Wednesday at Brunel

Maybe everything has changed but the apprentices where I work go to college on a Tuesday and get paid monthly, I dunno, just a gert fick un, in I, as you nose

£99, luxury, my first wage as an apprentice was £18 PW!! (Before stoppages)

• Admin

yes i am earning, about enough the cover the mortgage and the bills mind

and sob story? hardly...

So as has already been stated, you aren't a student, no wonder the club got fed up of people trying to work a flanker and get cheap tickets.

(And yes, I appreciate it's frustrating, but apprentices in my time didn't get student discounts, its just another lesson in life that you have to pay for what you want.)

As for earning "about enough to cover the mortgage and the bills," welcome to the real world, thats how many live.

Please do, I've just this season become a student - and the way things are, I wont be going if there are no student ST's - I'm sure they wont want to lose all those students will they?

Exactly the same boat, I know a LOT of student season ticket holders and NONE of us are going to be able to afford full whack.

Good point about the student ST's will bring it up at tonights Trust meeting.

Hi Dolly,

If you read this before you go to the meeting could you also ask...;

1. why they failed to communicate the removal of student price band in the FAQ's?
  2. were the fcf/trust consulted with?
    [*} why werent fans who were impacted about this contacted to advise of the changes?

Whilst I dont agree with the changes a letter explaning why they have been made may have softened the blow considerably.

Archived