IGNORED

Season Ticket Prices Out.

Dollymarie

Why should Students get a discount just because they only work part-time?

There are plenty of supporters out there who used to work full time but have recently lost their jobs due to the recession. These people may now be earning no money at all or perhaps may have taken on part-time jobs to get by. Is there a discount price for the Unemployed, or for Part-Time workers, or for people who've been made Redundant due to the economy. No there isn't.

Pay your full whack along with everyone else and shut your whining!

A bloke who's lost his job, has no income and has a couple of kids who are still keen on watching City as much as possible doesn't receive any help from the club to fund his ticket. Why should you?

Bloody students.

No I wont shut my whining, and as far as I am concerned I will complain to the club. Its absolutely pathetic to say that an under 21 can get a reduced price then, there are 17 18 19 and 20 year olds earning more than a decent weekly wage so they should have to pay 'full whack' as well!!

and the bloke who has lost his job, dont care about him... he should get another one! plenty of work out there, but then again all his benefits he is creaming will probably pay for his season ticket!!

Another stab in the back for 24 years as a supporter!!

No I wont shut my whining, and as far as I am concerned I will complain to the club. Its absolutely pathetic to say that an under 21 can get a reduced price then, there are 17 18 19 and 20 year olds earning more than a decent weekly wage so they should have to pay 'full whack' as well!!

and the bloke who has lost his job, dont care about him... he should get another one! plenty of work out there, but then again all his benefits he is creaming will probably pay for his season ticket!!

Another stab in the back for 24 years as a supporter!!

Mmm, how very considerate of you.

You don't care about the the bloke who's lost his job, has a mortgage to pay, kids to feed, bills to pay, perhaps has the threat of being kicked out of his home - all through no real fault of his own - simply an economic crisis.

Well, if you don't give a ** about him then I'm sure he doesn't give a ** about you. Whining students, trying to claim discounts for simply being in further education. As you said, there's plenty of jobs out there, so why don't you work a part-time job on evenings or weekends, earn your way. As for creaming benefits, who's paying for your education? That's right, the taxpayer. Oh, you'll pay it off in the end (well assuming you're intelligent enough to work a real job earning more than £21k pa), but in the meantime you're the one who's creaming it.

Most of you students are simply there to layabout for an extra couple of years, taking 'Business Studies or Psychology' or some such other crap that'll stand you in no good stead in the wider market, in a couple of years time you'll find yourself on the bottom rung of some admin job, or jockeying a cash till at tesco, something you could have done 3 years ago and got yourself a couple of promotions since. You're just wasting your own time, and wasting the Country's cash.

If you want to stay on in further education, get yourself a part-time job and pay your way. You've got as much right to a discounted season ticket as the bloke who's lost his job and needs help and support. If he can't afford it cuz he has to cut back and prioritise, then you should do the same. Why should you students be a special case??

You don't care about the the bloke who's lost his job, has a mortgage to pay, kids to feed, bills to pay, perhaps has the threat of being kicked out of his home - all through no real fault of his own - simply an economic crisis.

Well, if you don't give a ** about him then I'm sure he doesn't give a ** about you. Whining students, trying to claim discounts for simply being in further education. As you said, there's plenty of jobs out there, so why don't you work a part-time job on evenings or weekends, earn your way. As for creaming benefits, who's paying for your education? That's right, the taxpayer. Oh, you'll pay it off in the end (well assuming you're intelligent enough to work a real job earning more than £21k pa), but in the meantime you're the one who's creaming it.

Most of you students are simply there to layabout for an extra couple of years, taking 'Business Studies or Psychology' or some such other crap that'll stand you in no good stead in the wider market, in a couple of years time you'll find yourself on the bottom rung of some admin job, or jockeying a cash till at tesco, something you could have done 3 years ago and got yourself a couple of promotions since. You're just wasting your own time, and wasting the Country's cash.

If you want to stay on in further education, get yourself a part-time job and pay your way. You've got as much right to a discounted season ticket as the bloke who's lost his job and needs help and support. If he can't afford it cuz he has to cut back and prioritise, then you should do the same. Why should you students be a special case??

Holy shit. :chant6ez: BRAVO

Well, if you don't give a s.hit about him then I'm sure he doesn't give a f.u.c.k about you. Whining students, trying to claim discounts for simply being in further education. As you said, there's plenty of jobs out there, so why don't you work a part-time job on evenings or weekends, earn your way. As for creaming benefits, who's paying for your education? That's right, the taxpayer. Oh, you'll pay it off in the end (well assuming you're intelligent enough to work a real job earning more than £21k pa), but in the meantime you're the one who's creaming it.

Slightly off topic Harry and don't mean to interrupt when you're obviously enjoying yourself but please explain why you think Psychology falls into that category? And no I'm not one and neither are any family members, but obviously I work closely alongside them and frankly we have nowhere near enough available on the NHS and haven't had for years.

You've just confused me here and I don't want you to end up looking ignorant , so thought perhaps you'd like to elaborate.

Most of you students are simply there to layabout for an extra couple of years, taking 'Business Studies or Psychology' or some such other crap that'll stand you in no good stead in the wider market, in a couple of years time you'll find yourself on the bottom rung of some admin job, or jockeying a cash till at tesco,

Are you retarded?

Business studies covers a decent number of modules. But yeh of course there are plenty of economists, accountants, consultants and traders at the bottom of the ladder.. . . . . . .

Not at all, I am self funding my education actually and am training to teach!(which hopefully you will agree is quite an important subject) so not creaming any benefits or taxpayers money!

and I do work a job, and have a child to support and pay a mortgage,

if we had a voucher book thing for say 10 games i would get one, i dont want to get a season ticket as im at uni and cant make every home game however i travel back fairly regularly so it would be a good deal for me

Assuming you're under 21 a season ticket for the EE, at 160 quid, means that you'd only have to make about 12 games for it to be worth your while. Not saying it's perfect but if you think you'd go to about that many might be worth getting one. I'm going to Uni in Birmingham in September and I'm still getting one. Planning on making every Saturday home game and I'll just go to all the games I can home and away when home for the end of term breaks.

No, I will be paying for my University fees. I will pay back those fee's over time and contribute more to the country because of my degree in income tax.

I usually agree with you Harry, on most things. But you're truely being a complete dick head over this. To de-value further education and catergorise all students as "lazy" is utterly pathetic and I can only assume you didn't get in? didn't attain the grades?

Your stereotyping of students is as bad as thinking all people without work are spongers...

ever thought the guy without the job didn't work hard enough to keep his job? many different circumstances for many different people, but you seem about as open minded as Nick Griffin.

Are you retarded?

Business studies covers a decent number of modules. But yeh of course there are plenty of economists, accountants, consultants and traders at the bottom of the ladder.. . . . . . .

Yes that is correct.

I think you will find a business studies degree does you Jack Shit good in finding a job. If you want to be an economist take an economics degree, if you want to be an accountant take an accountancy degree, if you want to be a trader work on a market stall or a bookies for a few years.

I'm with Harry.

When the hell did they launch a degree in income tax?

Sounds as much use as a degree in frisby throwing.

wtf happened to the Use of English exam that used to be a pre-requisite to university entrance?

Apologies, I was in a bit of a rage and my punctuation suffered as a result.

But, if we are being THAT pedantic, it would be a degree in Frisbee throwing.:innocent06:

Just to shift away from the students vs Harry and friends sub-thread which has developed, those of a certain "Colin-type" age might be interested to note that out of the 24 teams in this league only 6 including us do not offer concessions for those at the age of 60.

We plus 5 others delay it until supporters reach 65.

Many folk retire at around 60 and women of course are officially "state retired" at 60, at the moment.

Concessions for the 60s and over are common place for travel, entertainment, eating out, entrance prices for days out, sight seeing etc etc. Presumably because most in this age group now have less disposable income, and every litle helps.

The ticket pricing policy does seem a bit of a mess at the moment, though against that it has to be said that the ST prices for early payers are less than last year.

As with most things I guess it's just a case of whether someone can afford it, or is prepared to cut back on other things if they think it is worth spending that much money.

Just to shift away from the students vs Harry and friends sub-thread which has developed, those of a certain "Colin-type" age might be interested to note that out of the 24 teams in this league only 6 including us do not offer concessions for those at the age of 60.

We plus 5 others delay it until supporters reach 65.

Many folk retire at around 60 and women of course are officially "state retired" at 60, at the moment.

Concessions for the 60s and over are common place for travel, entertainment, eating out, entrance prices for days out, sight seeing etc etc. Presumably because most in this age group now have less disposable income, and every litle helps.

The ticket pricing policy does seem a bit of a mess at the moment, though against that it has to be said that the ST prices for early payers are less than last year.

As with most things I guess it's just a case of whether someone can afford it, or is prepared to cut back on other things if they think it is worth spending that much money.

Not if your a mature student like me, who has been shut out :disapointed2se:

Women no longer receive their state pension at 60. Also, for tax purposes, 65 is still the magic age, 60 means nothing

The early bird prices represent a decent deal if we're not relegated. Remember, a very minimal chance of promotion via the play-offs still beckons. If you've got the money go for it.

As a footnote, I'm 45 and my generation currently has to work until the age of 66 years not 65. That'll probably change so that I'll have to work until I get my body bag as there'll be no money for pension for me and my generation. :doh:

No, I will be paying for my University fees. I will pay back those fee's over time and contribute more to the country because of my degree in income tax.

I usually agree with you Harry, on most things. But you're truely being a complete dick head over this. To de-value further education and catergorise all students as "lazy" is utterly pathetic and I can only assume you didn't get in? didn't attain the grades?

Your stereotyping of students is as bad as thinking all people without work are spongers...

ever thought the guy without the job didn't work hard enough to keep his job? many different circumstances for many different people, but you seem about as open minded as Nick Griffin.

I agree with you Jordan, I pay for my university fees and I also work part time almost 30 hours a week and literally have nothing in my pocket. I'm doing to to give myself the best opportunity to do what I want in the future! Personally I'm fed up of hearing how the so call "taxpayer" is meant to be doing me so many favours! Thats almost as laughable as saying this government is helping young people get into work!

If the club has to charge full price then they could have put an explanation on the website about student prices rather then slash the discount and say nothing! We have 2 universities in Bristol and there is no incentives for students to come to Ashton Gate and watch a game. You would have though the club would have going to Bristol and UWE pushing student discounts on tickets to get more people through the gate. But probably not as we all know how certain fans get all precious about this club, part timers and glory hunters are strictly forbidden!! ;-)

A few years ago I had to give watching a miss for a few seasons because I didn't have the time or money to go. It's quite simple really, if you can't afford to pay or give up your time then don't go out on a limb to do it.

This may or may not be my last season watching City, I can justify the price (just) but find it very difficult to give up 6 hours of my weekend for a home game, when the football on offer has been pretty grim at times.

Students are always skint until it's time for a piss up, they always seem to find a way then. I'm not saying it's easy for them but they will just have to prioritse what they want most, an education, a piss up or a 90 minute game of football. I'm afraid on the meagre amount they have to live on they can't do it all.

Shit, I can't do it all and I have been working for nearly 22 years. It's not your right to be able to watch the football, roof over head, family and food will come first, if you have enough left over you can choose how to spend it on leisure time.

actually while we are on the subject of groups of people losin out on ST's. how about Armed Forces personell and veterans not getting discounted ST's, they do stateside. The way Military & ex Military get treated in the UK is appalling. this would be a simple way of thnking them

on the subject of students dipping out on ST's. welcome to the real world. You lot will be earning salaries far in excess of the vast majority, in fairly short order. Get over it. I have worked damn hard to earn what I do, most students will overtake what me and my missus earn, pretty damn quickly. I dont got a problem with that, as you have done the courses. What I got a problem with is the constant whineing about what your entitled to. Where I was born, Students pay for ALL education from primary to tertiary, no exceptions (well their parents do) and in the US you gotta pay too, and thats why they al work their way through college, less their folks are rich)

Irealise that some like Vicky, Riaz, and apprenctices lose out, but thats the way it is. I know Vicky & riaz have jobs. They should be more rewarded than the likes of those who spend their time in bars or on bloody demos

the sooner everyone realises that you have to earn everything you get, its NOT an entitlement

Yes that is correct.

I think you will find a business studies degree does you Jack Shit good in finding a job. If you want to be an economist take an economics degree, if you want to be an accountant take an accountancy degree, if you want to be a trader work on a market stall or a bookies for a few years.

I'm with Harry.

No, it isnt correct.

You are seriously deluded as to how the recruitment process works to get into the top jobs. I along with several mates did Business Studies and are doing just fine, which is besides the point anyway.

Slightly off topic Harry and don't mean to interrupt when you're obviously enjoying yourself but please explain why you think Psychology falls into that category? And no I'm not one and neither are any family members, but obviously I work closely alongside them and frankly we have nowhere near enough available on the NHS and haven't had for years.

You've just confused me here and I don't want you to end up looking ignorant , so thought perhaps you'd like to elaborate.

Hi reddoc - I simply used Business Studies & Psychology as examples. I have nothing in particular against anyone who wants to follow that particular vocation and become a success. I could easily have used Sports Science, Media, Sociology as other examples of what you could label as an 'easier' degree. For a lot of people taking these courses, they are probably passionate about it and are actively looking for a career in this area, but on the flip side there are no doubt plenty of students who simply take these courses just to while away the years without working.

I do not wish to appear ignorant, but this is my opinion based on my own experiences of life. Where I work, pretty much every other person that comes through the door as a new recruit has been to Uni, taken one of the 'easier' options, wasted 3 or 4 years of their life and ended up starting at the bottom of the ladder on a below average wage. Makes no sense to me, I'd rather be out there earning from day 1.

Archived