IGNORED

Ryan Taylor (Merged)

FanaticRed

Doesn't fill me with expectation if this is http://en.wikipedia....ller_born_1988) anything to go by .

i'm with you on this one RR, even if Maynard left do we actually need another forward?, KM seems to be obsessed with signing forwards, I wonder where that trait came from?.

it would be nice to hear some news on areas where we actually urgently need numbers, like defenders and of course not forgetting the the magical mythical beast known as a central midfielder.

Is this part of Millen's cunning plan? i.e. After Taylor signs, Maynard goes to Leicester for £4m, and city sign Le Fondre (for not too much) to partner Taylor?

Le Fondre is a league 1 player at best, why would anyone want to link us to these types of players is what baffles me..

Im all for giving this Taylor a chance but i doubt very much he is going to offer anything better than what we have.

i'm with you on this one RR, even if Maynard left do we actually need another forward?, KM seems to be obsessed with signing forwards, I wonder where that trait came from?.

it would be nice to hear some news on areas where we actually urgently need numbers, like defenders and of course not forgetting the the magical mythical beast known as a central midfielder.

Ain't gonna happen Esmondo... get ready for 8 across the front line next season. AG will be goal central. tomato.gif

We need four forwards, not six like GJ used to like having.

If Maynard goes, we'd have three. Two if we manage to find a taker for Clarkson.

So yes, we'd need at least one coming in - hopefully a young talented player who will start behind Stead and Pitman in the running and push them.

I just can't see how that could be a player who only just broke double figures in league two last season in his fourth full season.

We need four forwards, not six like GJ used to like having.

If Maynard goes, we'd have three. Two if we manage to find a taker for Clarkson.

So yes, we'd need at least one coming in - hopefully a young talented player who will start behind Stead and Pitman in the running and push them.

I just can't see how that could be a player who only just broke double figures in league two last season in his fourth full season.

of course I can see that and I have to accept that perhaps KM knows something we don't about the 2 if's you mention or even the Pitman rumour. I just hope the 2 signings so far and the probability of a couple of young prem defenders dosen't leave us yet again for the 4th or 5th season without what we have been crying out for a creative midfielder, that surely has to be the priority.

Also it makes the signing of a 1 year extension by Marlon Jackson seem a little strange.

of course I can see that and I have to accept that perhaps KM knows something we don't about the 2 if's you mention or even the Pitman rumour. I just hope the 2 signings so far and the probability of a couple of young prem defenders dosen't leave us yet again for the 4th or 5th season without what we have been crying out for a creative midfielder, that surely has to be the priority.

Also it makes the signing of a 1 year extension by Marlon Jackson seem a little strange.

Seemed strange anyway. He is no kid any more and has shown little or no sign of being good enough. Likely to spend a lot of time out on loan at best I would imagine.

Seemed strange anyway. He is no kid any more and has shown little or no sign of being good enough. Likely to spend a lot of time out on loan at best I would imagine.

To me this has been Millen's biggest failing so far.

Several second (and in Edwards and Jackson's case) third year pros are on the books now with seemingly no prospect of them ever making a first team breakthrough.

Lennox and Ball for instance, were each given another six months this summer, why? Either we think they are good enough (so another year at least) or we don't and they go, this is a halfway house.

It is almost as if we feel we need to justify the academy's existence by padding out the squad with so many of them.

Quality, not quantity should be the mantra.

Several second (and in Edwards and Jackson's case) third year pros are on the books now with seemingly no prospect of them ever making a first team breakthrough.

Lennox and Ball for instance, were each given another six months this summer, why? Either we think they are good enough (so another year at least) or we don't and they go, this is a halfway house.

It is almost as if we feel we need to justify the academy's existence by padding out the squad with so many of them.

But it's giving lads who obviously had the quality to be offered terms to develop properly. With Lennox and Ball I believe they had missed a lot of football through injury and were given the 6 months to train and prove they had enough quality. It gave Millen, Wigley and Clayton to get a look at them and see if they think they still have it.

The idea of the development squad is a good one, Giving the youth products longer contracts on less pay is the plan. Glenn Hoddle may be a bigoted cretin, but he knows a lot about football and I agree with him and Brooking that players aren't given long enough to develop at clubs.

If we kick a them all out at 19 because they aren't good enough for the first team at that point, but they develop at a lower league club and become a good player we've completely undone the idea of an academy. Give them a couple more years of regular top class coaching(:surrender:) and games in the new Under 21's league and you'd expect to see some of the players show the talent that got them their original contracts and attracted the clubs interest in them as children.

You only need find one player who would have otherwise slipped by the wayside for this to be a good move. it's also cheaper to call upon a capable youth player than delve into the loan market should an injury crisis occur. Long term, I believe that is the goal.

I've seen a few people say this! but in reality how many time have you seen him play? not many would be my conclusion!

I think what he's done here is decide "there'll be a development squad of 6, 8, 10 whatever and those guys will fill it until better comes along next year". They don't cost much and one of them might just bloom.

I think what he's done here is decide "there'll be a development squad of 6, 8, 10 whatever and those guys will fill it until better comes along next year". They don't cost much and one of them might just bloom.

I suspect you are right. Having announced a development squad he had to put somebody in it so players who might have been released otherwise get another chance; for now.

Still think this is a way off being a done deal and is still going to take a few more days.

My views on the player, I know nothing about him.

If he does sign he's going to be a "torpey" I feel, works hard for the team but gets under appreciated by fans.

To me, this all points towards Maynard being off, which I find very surprising.

Still think this is a way off being a done deal and is still going to take a few more days.

If he does sign he's going to be a "torpey" I feel, works hard for the team but gets under appreciated by fans.

Well, as I said Friday, I was told from a very reliable source that he's agreed personal terms. Whether the guy is right or not I don't know, but I don't think it's a pointer that Maynard is off. That would be like selling a Rolls Royce and buying a Citreon

If Nicky is off then I will be very disappointed if a lge 2 target man is his replacement. We will need some pace in the front line and I'd fully expect us to get a young pacy frontman on loan from the prem.

Taylor, if he signs is another "club in the bag" that we can hopefully develop into a championship player

Well, as I said Friday, I was told from a very reliable source that he's agreed personal terms. Whether the guy is right or not I don't know, but I don't think it's a pointer that Maynard is off. That would be like selling a Rolls Royce and buying a Citreon

Exactly, its obvious this is not Maynard's "replacement". Do people really think CS and KM would be stupid enough to think a league 2 striker as Maynard's replacement would appease the fans? (This is not a slight on Taylor's ability as I know very little about him, just on paper - Championship top scorer being replaced by League 2 targetman would not appease the fans).

IF Maynard is off, I am certain KM and the team have a wealth of equally high caliber targets as his replacement not only to replace Maynard in terms of ability but to appease the fans. Either a high profile prem loan, or a 1m+ perm transfer.

Sorry im lost, how does buying a league two target man for hardly any money point to Mayard being off? :/

Sorry im lost, how does buying a league two target man for hardly any money point to Mayard being off? :/

2 + 2 = 17 you should know that :laughcont: ,

This signing smacks of a Johnson another club in the bag player,

I think he's steads cover thats all and if anything it points to Clarkson going more then anyone else

No offence to the guy but I really don't hope we sign him because I would like the three main strikers(maynard, pitman and stead) to mould into a devasting attack next year and not change around the foward line so muchlike last season. Get rid of clarkson and keep hold of jackson so he can learn from the others, because I believe he has great potential.

No offence to the guy but I really don't hope we sign him because I would like the three main strikers(maynard, pitman and stead) to mould into a devasting attack next year and not change around the foward line so muchlike last season. Get rid of clarkson and keep hold of jackson so he can learn from the others, because I believe he has great potential.

what if Stead picks up an injury (He hasn't got the best injury record)?

Then we have no "Target" man at all which is why we are signing him for a tribunel fee

Archived