IGNORED

Ryan Taylor (Merged)

FanaticRed

Fag packet maths from the accounts erring on the side of caution shows that the average (mean) in OUR squad of 31 players in 09/10 was around £6k a week net.

It's not far fetched at all that Bolasie and Taylor are on approaching £5k. There are a good half a dozen that will be on much less as "development group" players.

The bulk of the squad will be on £5-6k and a few like Maynard, Stead and James will be around or breaking five figures.

James is more than breaking 5 figures. He smashes it through the roof. Players like Bolasie and Taylor will be on about 2.5 to 3 grand. Albert would of been on that too and just had a pay rise to reward him being a 1st team regular.

Striker I can understand, though with Nicky off that could be him.

Winger? We have JCR, Adomah, Bolaisie and Woolford after getting shot of Sproule? That's right isn't it? 2 people per position = squad?

I haven't missed anyone have I?

Two things, please let's hope he is not a replacement for Maynard let's hope it's Clarkson (please God) and secondly 2 people per position?, are'nt JCR, Adomah and Bolaisie right wingers?, so actually 3 for one position and 1 for the other. So when Wollford is not playing we'll have one playing out of position, again.

In fairness Millen hasn't talked about players we're after except for ones we're all already aware of or where the other club put it in the public domain. Of course we wanted Caulker and Spence back, that was already obvious. The others he didn't discuss until after they were beyond our reach.

There's a balance between giving enough information and too much, given the number of fans concerned that the gaps in the squad weren't recognised I think KM was right to specify them and give people some confidence that they were understood.

If Millen discusses ongoing transfers before they're complete I will be the first to agree he's wrong but I don't think he's done so yet.

Agreed the balance is difficult to strike and he will learn from experience. But I still think talking in more general terms is wiser; if he says I want x, y and z and gets x and z there are those who will pounce on it as a stick to beat him with. Still I am perfectly content with his record on transfers so far.

I was on the understanding that this was said by keef /new board/ someone from the club towards then end of the season and where have I said keef has got it wrong at all? Ive said Im concerned.

I'm fairly certain nobody from the club has ever said "our transfer policy is to only sign cheap players or players who have had moves to other clubs collapse". I'm prepared to be proven wrong though.

Im not saying the sky is falling in? Plus other teams are addressing their key areas first ,Brighton and Ipswich spring to mind, two opposite ends of the 'big club' spectrum in this league

Ipswich signed Chopra, they already had Wickham, Scotland, Lisbie, Counago, and Priskin. They already had 9 defenders on their books when they signed Ingmarson.

Brighton have signed one midfielder. Want to guess how many they already had on their books at that time?

Not very much business has been done yet at all as is normal, so you're overreacting - hence the sky falling in.

How does that contradict that we only go for players when the deal collapses or on the cheap? Its a risky way of conducting activity, not every signing will come off like that and we are likely to get burnt. For all those saying Taylor wont make it or whatever and because he is cheap then its no risk then there is no issue.This is pretty much what PNE did last year and then relied on loans and then got horribly burnt and sank like a stone. but yeah it definitely means we are going to do well and push for promotion and play offs isnt it.? Yet some/many whatever are championing this as being the best way and all will become clear. What happens if it doesnt? Without Caulker, Maynard last season then we would have been sunk and we will definitely not have at least one of those two this coming season. Its not doom mongering its genuinely asking a question because Im concerned? The club appear to have said one thing are doing another and the issues that they have highlighted arent currently being addressed ( at least in public and after those enquires for the 3 players mentioned fell through there hasnt even been a sniff of those 'required' players coming through yet we continue to be linked with strikers and wingers like confetti?) Does that not strike anyone as being eminently odd or even a little out of kilter? Its not anti management nor having a go at anyone as said its a genuine concern.

Sorry for being worried at whats going on. Its got very little to do with the quality of the players as said, you can only play so many at a certain time so its pretty pointless having a bulging squad in areas that dont need it, irrespective of how noble the aims are or indeed how good the players are unless we are going to play a formation that can accomodate them all and are going old school with a flying W formation or something?

Not rocket science to understand or should we just jump on the hurry up and wait bandwagon and not worry about it at all?

For the last time, you're making massive assumptions and then worrying about them. You shouldn't because they're wrong.

We don't only sign players available on the cheap or where deals have collapsed. That is just a figment of your imagination.

Caulker, Spence, Woolford - none of those fit that criteria. Nor do Pitman or Stead since what we did there was actually convince them it was better to come here than to Blackpool.

We are still looking for players in positions where we're weak (central midfield, left back, right back and centre half). Not having signed them yet has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with our two signings so far. It's down to availability of the players we want.

I don't think I can explain it any clearer than that.

Two things, please let's hope he is not a replacement for Maynard let's hope it's Clarkson (please God) and secondly 2 people per position?, are'nt JCR, Adomah and Bolaisie right wingers?, so actually 3 for one position and 1 for the other. So when Wollford is not playing we'll have one playing out of position, again.

Bolasie is both footed and can play either side apparently. So can Adomah though there's no reason to not play him on the right. JCR is primarily a right winger but sort of can play on the left as we saw last season. Woolford is primarily a left midfielder but was played cutting in from the right sometimes at Scunny, and in the hole too.

We have four players for two positions and quite some flexibility there, it is exactly the sort of balance we need in the rest of the squad.

Blimey, where did that mood swing come from, was a genuine question.

Both Campbell-Ryce and Bolaisie have played left wing for large periods of their career. I don't think Jamal has ever played for us on the right?

And agreed regarding Maynard and Clarkson. Though Pitman is the replacement for Maynard, and Taylor is cover for Stead.

Both Campbell-Ryce and Bolaisie have played left wing for large periods of their career. I don't think Jamal has ever played for us on the right?

And agreed regarding Maynard and Clarkson. Though Pitman is the replacement for Maynard, and Taylor is cover for Stead.

What are you talking about?

To be honest JCR is pretty much a one trick pony and has never set AG alight and is certainly not consistent, in fact he looked more of a threat in central midfield in the few games he played there.

So the 'informed' opinion is Maynard is leaving?, my god let's hope Pitman remains injury free then.

With 7 subs and assuming we play with 2 up front we will have two different striking "clubs" on the bench with one not in the squad. That seems totally practical to me.

As does the winger options. With Albert possibly going to the african nations we would be left with 3 wingers IF everyone was fit!

Give the lad a chance.

He can't be any worse than Clarkson?tumbleweed.gif

We've had many players far worse than Clarkson. I think some people are concerned at what sort of statement signing a player like this makes. I think it's too early to say what he has been brought in for. None of us can really pass judgement with any real authority until we're into the new season

Just watched some highlights of Roherham games from last season on their site.

Surprisingly good touch and excellent finish, very good in the air. OK, just 4 or 5 minutes highlights from each game but he looks a decent player from the little I saw.

Pleasantly surprised.

Where were these videos?

A new player a new season same old negative shit from the same old people...Give me strength!

Ryan Taylor is our player now and deserves our support at least until he's kicked his first ball. Regardless of what some people choose to ignore KM's signings have all been excellent and we have continued to build a good side, from the injury/player crisis he started with!

With 6 weeks to go before the new season starts I suspect we will be linked with midfielders and defenders particularly an LB and a centre midfielder so lets not go on about what we need quite yet, KM is not a fool, also we will have contiuned interest in Maynard and as such he may not be with us for much longer (although my fingers are firmly cossed he will be)

On a slightly different note I liked the boy he spoke well (for a Yorkie :innocent06: ) and is obviously looking to fight for a place, BUT the biggest thing was.... he is a left footer in our forward line, which we need, as such that is a real bonus if we can utilize that flank effectively!!

Keep up the good work Mr Millen three good signings to go if you think Edwards and Ribeiro will be fighting for a place...Big question is when and who are we shipping out?

Great news for season ticket sales!

I'm sure many would have said this about Adomah last year. How many people has the form of AA persuaded to buy tkts this season?

Having said that, Taylor will not make the impact Albert did unfortunately. He's here for 3 years to develop into a championship striker. It beggars belief that some are comparing him to our greatest ever player.

Give the lad a chance and don't write him off if he isn't the NPC's top scorer cone September.

Reading these posts the concern expressed by some is not about Ryan Taylor. It is that we are signing players in positions where we already have quality whilst the longstanding shortcomings of the squad have not been addressed. Perhaps these concerns should have been posted on another thread.

Anyway, this is not Ryan Taylor's fault and he certainly comes across very well in his interview - seems like a confident and sensible lad with ambition who is prepared to work hard. Welcome to Bristol Ryan - I hope you have a long and successful career with us and we can both achieve our dream of Premier League football.

Just watched a Rotheram goals compilation of last year and Taylor produces some good finishes in the video. Definitely looks similar to Stead in the parts of the video he is in.

For his best efforts go to 6:06, 7:10, 10:18 and 12:22.

from the other thread for people who want to see the video of him in action...

Archived