IGNORED

Holloway As Manager ...

swampy

Interesting to see the Villa fans reaction to McCleish as manager because he came from the other side of town. The what I would describe as no-brainers - 250 fans out of an average gate of 35 000 - were out protesting. Usual shaven headed morons ... Imagine City were contemplating appointing Holloway as manager ... not that he would cross the divide being a Bristolian rather than Scot in Brum. Would we oppose his appointment on managerial and motivational abilitiies? Or would it be a simple question of 'no Gashead here thank you very much' regardless of his ability as a manager? That - in my opionion - would be very sad.

Interesting to see the Villa fans reaction to McCleish as manager because he came from the other side of town. The what I would describe as no-brainers - 250 fans out of an average gate of 35 000 - were out protesting. Usual shaven headed morons ... Imagine City were contemplating appointing Holloway as manager ... not that he would cross the divide being a Bristolian rather than Scot in Brum. Would we oppose his appointment on managerial and motivational abilitiies? Or would it be a simple question of 'no Gashead here thank you very much' regardless of his ability as a manager? That - in my opionion - would be very sad.

John Ward.

Accepted very well by both Bristol clubs even though he'd managed both.

I wouldn't have a problem if Holloway was City manager - but I think Holloway himself would turn the job down if it were ever offered to him.

maybe when i was younger i might object him signing, but these days i would welcome it. when your younger you get a bit over involved these days the rivalry between us is more for banter with friends family and colleges

Obviously holloways stocks are high at the moment, having taken Blackpool up and very nearly kept them up. Had he just got the gas relegated from the same league as us, (which is the equivalent for the comparison to Villa) I think there would be a very different reaction!

Brother in law is Villa and is mortified the way the club is going. Blames the Americans of course, and understandably. Don't be surprised to see Villa fight relegation next season.

The fact they are approaching McLeish and will announce him as new manger speak volumes of Lerners grasp on British football.

Genuinely feel sorry for Villa fans, I think they'll go down.

I've read that before but only ever from forum members. Does anyone know the story behind it/source?

indeed, thats where I got it from, Though it's safe to say he hates us like any of us hate Bristol Rovers (When there was a rivalry between us)

It's the way it's supposed to be and I'd have even less respect for the man if he went against his Gas principles and managed us. Plenty of City fans have said worse about him, but he hates us like any other Sag.

That really is the end of the matter...

No chance,I can never forget the way he acted when he played against us.

At the end of the day City are our club, he's shown in the past his real hatred for us,the feeling is mutal IMO.

sums it up perfectly, he is a vile man, some of the shite that came out off his mouth about our club and fans....i for one will never forget!

I'd never put up with Hollowhead as a manager. He's a vile scumbag of a man. How he conducted himself as a player and as manager of that bunch of ******* squatters will not be forgotten no matter a fluke of a promotion.

Agree again what he has said about us is a disgrace, people liked his comments at first when he done like you said the fluke of getting Blackpool up, then people starting laughing at his comments especially when he started shouting in press conferences, not passion he made himself look like a fool.

My stance on this would normally be that I support Bristol City, through thin and thinner times. Managers will come and go, as will players we cheer or jeer week in week out.

The difference with Mr Holloway is his past comments about City and its fans.

Terry Cooper played for and managed both City and rovers, and to me he was the one who started the slow return journey after the relegation years.

With Mcleish possibly going to Villa, I don't know of any record of anti Villa stuff, but the issue is more likely to be because he is moving directly from one to the other, when John Ward came to City is was from elsewhere so it was a lesser issue.

bollocks did he say that?

theres a link on youtube

he didnt come out n say it as a statement he was singing the song "i never felt more like singin the blues....."

anyone who claps accepts or even has respect for holloway needs to watch that video

absolutely loved it when that blackpool defender put the own goal in at old trafford to send them back down!

I'd never put up with Hollowhead as a manager. He's a vile scumbag of a man. How he conducted himself as a player and as manager of that bunch of ******* squatters will not be forgotten no matter a fluke of a promotion.

This comment is outrageous. I know Ian Holloway and he is far from a vile scumbag of a man. I remember in particular his outrage when Rovers fans did not honour the two minutes's silence for our chairman Des Williams at Ashton Gate - he threatened never to play for the club again if they ever did something like it again. Ian is passionate about the game and, of course, has been involved in the rivalry between City and Rovers, but some of the comments in this thread are bang out of order. If he was ever appointed manager here I'm sure he would give 100%, as he always does.

The amount of times this subject comes up on this forum is unbelievable. Deep down i think many City fans admire him...otherwise they wouldn't keep talking about him. Then you get the venemous 'No brigade'...who shout so loud, it makes you think that they think the opposite. :surrender:

What makes me smile, is everything is based on statements made and said by Hollowhead that are in the public domain. You'd be suprised by how many ex City Managers and players view this Club with disdain and especially the fans...'Bunch of Wurzels that know **** all about Football' was a classic statement made by an ex manager that was loved by our own fans. Suprising what you hear at social functions and Golf Clubs after a drink or two...

These guys are Professionals and it's a job to them...that's all, and they say things at times, to generate news and self profile. Holloway is the master of this. Lets face it...how many football managers would you seriously employ? They behave like kids...It's like watching a circus sometimes.

This comment is outrageous. I know Ian Holloway and he is far from a vile scumbag of a man. I remember in particular his outrage when Rovers fans did not honour the two minutes's silence for our chairman Des Williams at Ashton Gate - he threatened never to play for the club again if they ever did something like it again. Ian is passionate about the game and, of course, has been involved in the rivalry between City and Rovers, but some of the comments in this thread are bang out of order. If he was ever appointed manager here I'm sure he would give 100%, as he always does.

No, it's not outrageous at all. I watched him play against us, I saw him lie about us more than once to try and cause problems for the club, it's my opinion of the man.

I have no patience at all with these city fans who seem intent on making him out to be some lovable fun football figure. He's a complete **** who has always wanted the worst for our club as far as I'm concerned.

Besides, thankfully there are enough right minded city fans to ensure the moron is never anywhere near running our club.

As someone alluded to above, I think most Villa fans don't want McLeish because they think he's a rubbish manager who plays rubbish negative football. I doubt they'd have a problem poaching a Birmingham manager with a better record.

I wouldn't want Holloway to manage us, though not because he's a gashead. More because he continuously makes a fool of himself in the press and makes the rest of the country think Bristolians are all like him. Though, I respect the success he's (mostly) had.

Archived