IGNORED

Toffs Row At Ascot

dafarms

What an absurd post. So football fans that travel to away games and are subjected to hostile treatment by police because their loyal to their Clubs are lemmings and idiots?

Ignorant, ignorant c ** t.

Why is it ignorant. Every time fans go to a game, some of the utter ***** who purport to support any club can and do cause problems. Whats wrong with that comment. Its you who is an ignorant, ignorant ****. If you take an attitude with the cops, you'll get it back. Ive been a biker for years, and although the cops dont like us, they realise we can behave ourselves and dont **** us off, unlike the neanderthals who still think its big and clever to ruck for their team and err their country in the name of Engerlaaand..

Why is it ignorant. Every time fans go to a game, some of the utter ***** who purport to support any club can and do cause problems. Whats wrong with that comment. Its you who is an ignorant, ignorant ****. If you take an attitude with the cops, you'll get it back. Ive been a biker for years, and although the cops dont like us, they realise we can behave ourselves and dont **** us off, unlike the neanderthals who still think its big and clever to ruck for their team and err their country in the name of Engerlaaand..

No need to reply twice.

"If you take an attitude with the cops, you'll get it back." Well done Einstein. What about when you're treated like a criminal merely for attending a football match in the away end? I didn't once say mouthing off at Police was acceptable what i said was labelling hardcore football fans who follow their Club up and down the country, sometimes (not always) to be treated like dirt, "idiots" or "muppets" is ignorant. That is my opinion.

Yet another poster who has jumped straight in without actually reading the post properly. Either that or you simply could not understand it's meaning.

Unfortunately, because normal fans are bundled in with the Idiots at away games, it seems the Police find it easier to tarr everyone with the same brush, and often don't have the time to treat everyone as an individual.

And here in lies the problem with Football... Segregation. Because of the high proportion of idiots who follow football, we have to endure segregation. No other spectator sport enforces Segregation amongst fans, because the majority, know how to Support their Team without about being abusive or violent.

like i mentioned before...you only had to read the thread on Leeds fans being in the Dolman, to realise there are people who still think it's ok to batter someone for having the audacity to support their team. Apparantly it was ok to do it, because 'this is what happens at football' and 'they shouldn't have been their'.

With this sort of mentality still prevelent, things will never change at Football. The only way it will change is if people talk with their feet en mass and stop going. Then Clubs will ask why.

You asked for examples of fan power abroad...there are many...just google it. A couple of examples...I also follow Lazio, and if the fans aren't happy they will physically do something about it. Recent examples have included not turning up for games as protest...literally the whole of the Curva Nord was empty, and fans will stand at the turnstiles preventing others from entering. They've also spent the whole of the match with their backs to the game and refusing to cheer their team when scoring. When someone had the audacity to cheer, they were thrown out the ground by their own fans.

Before buying a season ticket in Italy now, you have to fill in a form that is sent to the Police, for verification. If you have a criminal record or they think you are a trouble maker, they will not sanction the form, and you will not be able to attend any game. Glyn Riley will be all over me for mentioning this...but you did ask.

The Clubs do take notice and have meetings regularly with fan representatives to try and solve the issues. But to get things done, the majority of fans have to act as one. Here...they don't...they just grumble on forums. That's the difference.

Glyn Riley will be all over me for mentioning this...but you did ask.

Not at all , you're replying to a question , I have no problem with that. It just grate's when , no matter what the topic is , you always hold up continental examples as if everything foreigners do is better than our country has to offer. As I've said to you before , I think you have a fascination with foreign coaches in particular , if that's what floats your boat then fine (You do seem very knowlegable on the subject mind). Maybe I've got a 'little Englander' attitude. Who knows?

Not at all , you're replying to a question , I have no problem with that. It just grate's when , no matter what the topic is , you always hold up continental examples as if everything foreigners do is better than our country has to offer. As I've said to you before , I think you have a fascination with foreign coaches in particular , if that's what floats your boat then fine (You do seem very knowlegable on the subject mind). Maybe I've got a 'little Englander' attitude. Who knows?

Just to clarify then...

I spend a lot of time watching Football on the continent, especially in Italy...so i see the differences to how they do it, compared to us. I wouldn't say it was better or any worse. Tbh...you are more likely to see demonstrations ( not just about football ) and violence at a ground abroad than you are here. But you won't find it on the Streets. It's almost as if they take all of their lifes problems to the Football on the weekend, and make their point there. You just don't get drunken idiots misbehaving on the streets at night.

As for coaching... I've done my level 1 coaching badge, and it is a hobby of mine to study coaching techniques from around the globe. I've friends who are professional football coaches, both here and abroad, and we speak about it all the time. That's where my coaching interest lies.

So.....does anyone know how dafarms got on? The lack of info tells me that sadly he may not have escaped punishment.

Redfred, thanks for asking. The day before the court case, the police officer went out sick, and at present I don't know when the new date is. The only thing I'm worried about, is that I might miss the start of the season, for doing nothing wrong, which isn't fair on my little boy. I am still amazed and pi**ed off that this is still going to court, because one of the younger lads who got nicked for exactly the same thing went to court 3 weeks ago, and was in court for 5 minutes, before the magistate found him not guilty.

If you get found guilty ? and you shouldnt do, have you thought about putting in a formal complaint against the officer and trying for compo?

afterall you have been subjected to ,i think its only right that this so called officer of the law is held to account for his actions.

Good luck i any case when you do appear in court.

I cannot believe, I have just opened a letter from the court, they have put it back until Aug 30th, this will mean i miss the 1st month of the season. Then there is nothing stopping them from putting the case back then either. I am really, really ****ed off now, my little un will be gutted when he comes home from school. This is a absolutley nothing charge, with them having no evidence, what so ever, except a copper saying he thought I was drunk. I even asked for a ****ing breathalsyer., to which I was refused.

What makes this more painful, is the magistrate, lifting all bail conditions, and saying that I am allowed to go to football, only for City to s**t on me, and still ban me, until I prove I am innocent. Yet City have taken my season ticket money still, knowing I cannot go in until I prove my innocence. They want my familys and my money as family season ticket holders, yet do not want the family to be together.

I cannot believe, I have just opened a letter from the court, they have put it back until Aug 30th, this will mean i miss the 1st month of the season. Then there is nothing stopping them from putting the case back then either. I am really, really ****ed off now, my little un will be gutted when he comes home from school. This is a absolutley nothing charge, with them having no evidence, what so ever, except a copper saying he thought I was drunk. I even asked for a ****ing breathalsyer., to which I was refused.

What makes this more painful, is the magistrate, lifting all bail conditions, and saying that I am allowed to go to football, only for City to s**t on me, and still ban me, until I prove I am innocent. Yet City have taken my season ticket money still, knowing I cannot go in until I prove my innocence. They want my familys and my money as family season ticket holders, yet do not want the family to be together.

I'm one of no doubt many who have been following your case and looking out for news on here. Your plight should infuriate every Bristol City fan because it could just as easily have been almost any one of us in your position, or indeed could be in the future.

Just to reaffirm you have the support of many City fans who you don't even know who are hoping for a satisfactory conclusion in your favour - and the sooner the better.

Good luck, and hopefully you'll be back at AG very soon.fingerscrossed.gif

Dafarms - I feel for you. You should not be in this position. The behaviour of the police does not surprise at all.

But the club need to review their policy ASAP. This could happen to any of us and we should'nt miss games we have paid for because of the incompetence of the police.

I'm sorry to read that, the magistrate has lifted the bail conditions and it's our football club that will now not allow you to attend games ???!!!! I still don't understand what 'heinous' crime you have committed in the eyes of our Police - a Police service that is definately not renown for common sense and a Police service known for acting on the orders of the government of the day - no matter how ridiculous they be.

As has been insinuated...this could happen to any fan of the Club.

Perhaps there should be an 'All for one, one for all' attitude from fellow fans? Petition...Banners...Don't go even. Seen it happen before, but not in this Country. Different Culture. :dunno:

This whole sorry episode, gets even worse. I have had an e-mail from my solicitor, who has been trying to get the cctv from Millwall football, outside the turnstiles, which would prove the copper was lying. He said that when we all walked to the turnstiles, he seen me avoiding being searched, and then arguing with the steward, then being let in and arguing with another steward, before he stepped in and asked me to calm down, otherwise I would be arrested. He then said I was that drunk, I fell into him.

This is the biggest load of b*****ks, I have ever heard. The cctv would have showed me waiting by the turnstiles for my old man to come back with the tickets. Then would have showed me walk up to the turnstiles, put my arms in the air so the steward could search me. Then it would have shown me walk through the turnstiles, and another steward, seach me for the SECOND time, and then me waiting there as the steward asked me to do. Then the copper coming over to me, speak to me for the whole of 20 seconds and putting handcuffs on me, and then both of us walking to van calmly

But guess what, they have told my solicitor there is no cctv for that time or date !!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was law to have cctv by turnstiles since the Hillsborough disaster, I could be wrong. The two things that I asked for, ( Breathalyser, and cctv ) was not and are not available for my defence. This whole episode STINKS !!!!!!!!!!!

This whole sorry episode, gets even worse. I have had an e-mail from my solicitor, who has been trying to get the cctv from Millwall football, outside the turnstiles, which would prove the copper was lying. He said that when we all walked to the turnstiles, he seen me avoiding being searched, and then arguing with the steward, then being let in and arguing with another steward, before he stepped in and asked me to calm down, otherwise I would be arrested. He then said I was that drunk, I fell into him.

This is the biggest load of b*****ks, I have ever heard. The cctv would have showed me waiting by the turnstiles for my old man to come back with the tickets. Then would have showed me walk up to the turnstiles, put my arms in the air so the steward could search me. Then it would have shown me walk through the turnstiles, and another steward, seach me for the SECOND time, and then me waiting there as the steward asked me to do. Then the copper coming over to me, speak to me for the whole of 20 seconds and putting handcuffs on me, and then both of us walking to van calmly

But guess what, they have told my solicitor there is no cctv for that time or date !!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was law to have cctv by turnstiles since the Hillsborough disaster, I could be wrong. The two things that I asked for, ( Breathalyser, and cctv ) was not and are not available for my defence. This whole episode STINKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Even if there was CCTV, it would'nt be kept this long.... especially if it showed a copper is lying....

Good luck anyhow.

Archived