IGNORED

Tonight V Bath

westonred

Gerken, Edwards, Ball, Hunt, Wilson, Bolasie, Woolford ©, Cisse, Johnson, Taylor, Clarkson.

About 15 mins gone a few chances for City, best of which Bolasie missed. All City so far. Edwards just gone off with a nose injury (pissing with blood!) replaced by Fawke.

Woolford, Clarkson and Edwards looking good so far and Nicky Hunt (now RB with Fawke at CB) has been very good with some nice interceptions and a few good headers won. Cisse not been great.

Gerken, Edwards, Ball, Hunt, Wilson, Bolasie, Woolford ©, Cisse, Johnson, Taylor, Clarkson.

About 15 mins gone a few chances for City, best of which Bolasie missed. All City so far. Edwards just gone off with a nose injury (pissing with blood!) replaced by Fawke.

Woolford, Clarkson and Edwards looking good so far and Nicky Hunt (now RB with Fawke at CB) has been very good with some nice interceptions and a few good headers won. Cisse not been great.

Woolford captain?

Woolford is captain. Bath having a bit of the play as we rearrange with Edwards. Gerken going off injured with a groin strain, Carey on in goal.

Its actually getting a joke now with players being injured :laughcont:

I think its more of a case of the player just taking a little knock so we dont take any risks by leaving them on, but thats not gunna help if none of them play at all before the season starts !

Who the Fawke is Fawke??

0-0 half time. Pretty much all City in terms of chances. Bath had a bit of pressure towards the end of the half.

Defence has looked very solid with Hunt and Wilson looking very good. Young Danny Ball has been solid but beaten too easily a few times.

In midfield Cisse has been poor (and I am a massive fan) and looks a yard off the pace and a few pounds overweight to be honest. Johnson has been his usual mix of lovely passing and silly losses of possession.

Bolasie started well and had his full back on toast for 20 mins but has been invisible since. Taylor has shown some nice Stead like touches but nothing much to report.

Stars going forward have been Clarkson and Woolford linking up throughout and looking dangerous.

With Edwards and Gerken off injured we're down to Muggerigde, Holloway and Reid on the bench so it's 90 minutes for most today.

Oh god dont say that, the forum police will be on your back like a ton of bricks! led by special agent Tansley!

:laugh:

but seriously, a nose pi55ing with blood, Ball taking a huge knock don't smack of poor conditioning, they are in game injuries. Gerks sounds like he hasn't warmed up properly or slipped when kicking, either way that would be through bad luck if he slipped or poor warm up which is the players fault for not doing his stretches. no much here that comes from the training ground.

But injuries again! I am wondering if it is going from the spongey surface in Portugal to harder grass surfaces here that has causes problems. Sometimes I think it maybe better to do all pre season training in your own back yard in your own conditions.

But i am still of the opinion that unless we truly know the condition and medical history of each and every player then speculation is all we can base it on, so I wouldn't go ot of my way blaming the conditioning and medical coaches

0-0 half time. Pretty much all City in terms of chances. Bath had a bit of pressure towards the end of the half.

Defence has looked very solid with Hunt and Wilson looking very good. Young Danny Ball has been solid but beaten too easily a few times.

In midfield Cisse has been poor (and I am a massive fan) and looks a yard off the pace and a few pounds overweight to be honest. Johnson has been his usual mix of lovely passing and silly losses of possession.

Bolasie started well and had his full back on toast for 20 mins but has been invisible since. Taylor has shown some nice Stead like touches but nothing much to report.

Stars going forward have been Clarkson and Woolford linking up throughout and looking dangerous.

With Edwards and Gerken off injured we're down to Muggerigde, Holloway and Reid on the bench so it's 90 minutes for most today.

Thanks for the updates. Glad Hunt played a good half. Lets hope it continues. :fingerscrossed:

Archived