IGNORED

Tonight V Bath

westonred

I think you've mistakenly left a gap between the "n" and the"a".

Obviously meant in jest, to an extent, but I think it would be nice if fans gave him a fair crack.

From things I've read he has handled himself incredibly professionally, if he plays well good, let's take it a game at a time, if he plays poorly then it's a shame.

Don't see any benefit, however he plays, of battering him further pillar to post.

Obviously meant in jest, to an extent, but I think it would be nice if fans gave him a fair crack.

From things I've read he has handled himself incredibly professionally, if he plays well good, let's take it a game at a time, if he plays poorly then it's a shame.

Don't see any benefit, however he plays, of battering him further pillar to post.

I agree, let's see how his evening pans out.:fingerscrossed:

Big night for Hunt. One wonders even if he puts in a performace tonight will he get a look in for more important fixtures?

Also a big night for Woolford. Needs to show something against this lot.

I do hope Nicky Hunt puts in a performance and that Millen then gives him a chance to redeem himself. If he could get some of the form back he had previously he could still be useful or even good for us - personally I don't understand what his issues are and I don't suppose we'll ever know. One thing I do know is that his entire career hangs on him turning round things at City in the next few weeks.

Exactly.... He might well come good this season... I know he hasn't excelled here but he seems to be a confidence player so the fans getting on his back might not have helped so head dips even further and has got stuck in a rut which gets deeper.... But then again he could just carrying on where he left off and not do anything.... Time will tell.... Just good job he isn't up against murray in his pomp tonight!!!!

I'm not sure what is expected of him as he's down to play at centre back - has he played there before ?

It's a shame that things have turned out as they have for him, no idea why it's been a nightmare but it wasn't much different at Bolton for him in the end.

I hope he has a storming match and gets another chance as he's obviously got the talent and we could do with another defender.

I completely agree. C'mon Isaac!

I do agree about Hunt, i'm not going to 'booo' when his name is mentioned, not gonna cheer loudly at all either to be honest.

But if he has a very Good game (not an 'ok' or 'average' game), It's only right we should use him again in another pre-season friendly and go on from there. Pre-season should be about forgetting the last season and looking forward to the next one with optimism and confidence which is exactly what the guy needs at the moment.

really is on a last chance though

Could be a very interesting situation, should Nicky Hunt step up to the plate and earn another crack at getting into our 1st team!

I seem to remember a certain Steve Jones (where did he get that tan?!) Being a useless waste of space when he signed for us and pretty much bombed out of the club before suddenly coming back into the frame and doing ok. Nothing special, but he did a job in the end.

With the dirth of defensive options we currently have, I for one certainly hope that NH can make a few of us eat our words and come back to EARN a place in the team. That is, afterall, what he is paid a very handsome salary to be doing anyway!

Is anyone else quite excited that upon looking on an apparently weaker 2nd XI we've actually put out a very strong team. I'll make one statement only on Hunt - clearly wasnt at the races when he did get a game last year but he was a gamble having not played much competitive football the year before. Id rather see Ribs at right back or Skuse but if Hunt plays well enough to earn a place then I'm 100% behind that decision and will support him

Is anyone else quite excited that upon looking on an apparently weaker 2nd XI we've actually put out a very strong team. I'll make one statement only on Hunt - clearly wasnt at the races when he did get a game last year but he was a gamble having not played much competitive football the year before. Id rather see Ribs at right back or Skuse but if Hunt plays well enough to earn a place then I'm 100% behind that decision and will support him

Could be a very interesting situation, should Nicky Hunt step up to the plate and earn another crack at getting into our 1st team!

Yes I reckons Hunt may be given another chance? Hes got the ability dam him, I hope he can use it. Yeah strong squad, just need a few more and its gogogo!

Archived