IGNORED

Robins V Tractors Matchday Thread

mart

Shame I'm going to be out tonight I love the optimistic posters putting a whole new glaze over the inefficiencies of the team. I wonder what it'll be tonight, probably something along the lines of we have had to travel more miles in our pre-season friendlies than Ipswich and we look tired.

Some fans will always have blind faith and regard anybody with doubts as a traitor. Much more worrying when the manager is similarly blind.:disapointed2se:

Yeah good one Millie....wait until 3-0 before you make a change.

Midfield over ran and bossed all day before he finally makes a change and brings on our new midfielder.

Watching this, no wonder Maynard won't sign and I don't blame him. The powers that be will not free up any funds for new players so he can clearly see we have no ambition.

Pathetic City. Absolutely pathetic

Why was the elusive, ages to wait for, creative midfielder, Kilkenny, not on from the start? Sometimes mind games are just a load of tosh and leaving this guy on the bench is because, he is not our best option? so why buy him when we hear it week in and week out.. we will not bring players in who do not improve what we have. strange one that for me.

Yeah good one Millie....wait until 3-0 before you make a change.

Midfield over ran and bossed all day before he finally makes a change and brings on our new midfielder.

Watching this, no wonder Maynard won't sign and I don't blame him. The powers that be will not free up any funds for new players so he can clearly see we have no ambition.

Pathetic City. Absolutely pathetic

Not Keith's fault the tap has been turned off but selection, tactics, organisation and motivation are down to him. Not a promising start and pretty much identical to our first home game last season. If he is the great coach he is said to be it is about time we started to see the evidence surely?

Is this a case of the manager allowing his heart to rule his head by his loyalty to Marv and Cole, instead of using his head and selecting Kilkenny from the start?

So with the next 2 games Cardiff away and Leicester away, we should'nt expect anything from those games?, so when should we expect a result?.

Don't expect anything from those games at all, mind you thought that before today's debacle. Probably expect a result against one of the division's very poor teams, but only if they're having a bad day!

Come on, if anyone is surprised by this then look at the line ups of the two teams! If you're still surprised then maybe football aint your thing!

But if we are going for promotion as Keith claims should we not be able to match them? Surely Keith meant what he said?:innocent06:

Come on, if anyone is surprised by this then look at the line ups of the two teams! If you're still surprised then maybe football aint your thing!

That may be the case but nobody should lose 3 nil at home in the first game of the season. These are usually close tense affairs.

As I said when Millen was appointed, he's an assistant manager at best, he doesn't have the connections to make decent signings and he's not tactically smart.

I'm expecting relegation battle this season and if I'm told "oh stop complaining" then I'll simply laugh off the fact that whilst some say our fans are moaners, some would say our other fans are happy to go no-where.

Not sure why Keith, or we, would expect the same bunch of players to have turned into world beaters over the summer.. Strange that the one substantive signing we have made does not make the team mind you. More of the same seems to be the master plan then. If you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always got. :disapointed2se:

I was going to write something along these lines but this guy's absolutely nailed it. Anyone who expected anything from this fixture is completely deluded. A) we're as shit as ever and B) they're not. We need to be looking seriously at beating teams like Doncaster and Peterborough (forget their performances today) for the points that keep us in this league, not competent teams like Ipswich who will be comfortably top-half/playoffs come the end of the season. Anything else is a bonus.

Is this a case of the manager allowing his heart to rule his head by his loyalty to Marv and Cole, instead of using his head and selecting Kilkenny from the start?

The problems are the same as they were last season, no new players = no different performances. You can't polish a turd.

We will win some and lose some, I fully expect to be safe this season and see where Keith takes us next season when he will have chance to get his squad together. I can't blame Millen at all until he is picking from his squad, end of this season there will be somewhere in the region of 8 players out of contract, we will see what sort of team and playing style he can bring to the field then.

Only one game, but I'm wondering how the optimists will gloss over this. Everything that was diabolical about our defense last season without Caulker, all on display again. As for the expansive attacking threat and high scoring games, give me a break.

Keef had better hope he brings in a couple of players before the end of August or it will cost him his job because this side is piss poor at defending, and doesn't look any good going forward either. Deja vue? Bloody right. Nothing has changed. Literally.

Archived