IGNORED

Robins V Tractors Matchday Thread

mart

Yeah good one Millie....wait until 3-0 before you make a change.

Midfield over ran and bossed all day before he finally makes a change and brings on our new midfielder.

Watching this, no wonder Maynard won't sign and I don't blame him. The powers that be will not free up any funds for new players so he can clearly see we have no ambition.

Pathetic City. Absolutely pathetic

no offence mate but thats off the mark - the squad and wage bill is too big. its 100% correct that the board want the dead weight gone before millen buys yet more players. we needed to get 3+ senior pros off the books this summer, haven't managed to offload a single one, and still got 4 new signings. no blame to be aimed at the money men.

Possession

Bristol City 54% Ipswich 46%

Attempts on target

Bristol City 5 Ipswich 4

Attempts off target

Bristol City 4 Ipswich 3

Corners

Bristol City 9 Ipswich 3

3 defensive mistakes, yes - but clearly they're not playing too badly with these stats?. Opening day lads, jeez- we're not 9 points adrift with 3 games to go.... lighten up (it's borderline 'prozac required' in here)

Not Keith's fault the tap has been turned off but selection, tactics, organisation and motivation are down to him. Not a promising start and pretty much identical to our first home game last season. If he is the great coach he is said to be it is about time we started to see the evidence surely?

You build from the back first. Instead Mills went out and bolstered the other end of the park, now his tap has been turned off he will have to reap what he has sewn.

two tough away games coming up... we'll be bottom all month now you wait. Maybe this is player power.

The problems are the same as they were last season, no new players = no different performances. You can't polish a turd.

We will win some and lose some, I fully expect to be safe this season and see where Keith takes us next season when he will have chance to get his squad together. I can't blame Millen at all until he is picking from his squad, end of this season there will be somewhere in the region of 8 players out of contract, we will see what sort of team and playing style he can bring to the field then.

We can't pay for the players we want and our scouting is abysmal. Leave us in no mans land.

Possession

Bristol City 54% Ipswich 46%

Attempts on target

Bristol City 5 Ipswich 4

Attempts off target

Bristol City 4 Ipswich 3

Corners

Bristol City 9 Ipswich 3

3 defensive mistakes, yes - but clearly they're not playing too badly with these stats?. Opening day lads, jeez- we're not 9 points adrift with 3 games to go.... lighten up (it's borderline 'prozac required' in here)

Your stats wrap up what we all know.. we are fine up front and crap as horse dung at the back.

whether you like it or not, without money men dipping into their pockets, we will have to shift Maynard and buy some defenders... the fact that we are still talking about the same deficiencies a year on is unbelievable ... poor, poor, management at all levels...

I cannot imagine why Maynard would sign a contract when he knows the same old dross are going to be automatic choices this year and there is no chance of fulfilling his ambitions here. No good the club saying stay, we want to build a promotion side around you when you cannot back that claim up with action to improve the rest of the team. So yes, stop trying to con him, sell him and use the proceeds elsewhere.

3-0? Fo0king hell, deep down i new we would get a hiding today dont know why i even tryed to join the happy clapping brigade..

Personally and yes im going to stick my head on the line Millen is not the man. Time for a change, not a knee-jerk reaction just the cold hard truth IMO.

no offence mate but thats off the mark - the squad and wage bill is too big. its 100% correct that the board want the dead weight gone before millen buys yet more players. we needed to get 3+ senior pros off the books this summer, haven't managed to offload a single one, and still got 4 new signings. no blame to be aimed at the money men.

....yet he gave a one year contract to a disabled 34 year old?

The powers that be need to invest or we will go down. Lansdown is still owner and if he wants to own a championship club he is going to have to free up the funds.

This club is a shambles, from top to bottom

The most problematic player today seems not to be in defence but between the sticks.

Of course, we dare no criticise him because "we're lucky to have him" "he was England's number one" etc etc.

Maybe we should sign Shilton...

"David James is Past it" Shock Horror Headline.....................He should be down on his retirement farm in Devon feeding his chickens......... could have let young whippersnapper Henderson start between the sticks........but theirs no fool like an old fool..........pack up your Zimmer David, and thanks for the memories

....yet he gave a one year contract to a disabled 34 year old?

The powers that be need to invest or we will go down. Lansdown is still owner and if he wants to own a championship club he is going to have to free up the funds.

This club is a shambles, from top to bottom

Certainly on the pitch it is. Shambolic, but we all knew it would be (apart from a couple of eternal optimists) that's the worst part.

I'm glad I didn't renew my season ticket. There's nothing worse than feeling compelled to go.

Disasterous start for so many reason and absolutely nothing to look forward to. I feel thoroughly sick of it all

3-0? Fo0king hell, deep down i new we would get a hiding today dont know why i even tryed to join the happy clapping brigade..

Personally and yes im going to stick my head on the line Millen is not the man. Time for a change, not a knee-jerk reaction just the cold hard truth IMO.

Certainly has been heart warming to read all the optimists in the close season. Never enough to change my view though. Such a damn shame we have to start off with such a shambolic start to this season. There are NO excuses.

millen has never been the man for me and im sticking to it, should have left with johnson when gj was in charge how many goals did we conceed ...lots regularly then for months on kept letting in goals in the last 5 minutes , has had all summer to replace caulker sticks with jamie mac who gets outpaced by an opposition attacker then brings him down resulting in a yellow card, carey should never have been given contract extension and whilst james makes a couple of worldy saves comes out when he really shouldnt sometimes !! and then first game comes around and its the same team from last year who couldnt defend ggrrrr

sack millen after one game isn't a knee-jerk reaction then?

So you think he is the man then? Todays result is largely irrelevant to what i just said ive thought this personally ever since he got the job, i dont think he is good enough and nor do the majority of us if we are truly honest.

Archived