IGNORED

Do Any City Fans Have Any Patience?

Robbored

You beat me to it. Well said.

I assumed that the OP was intended to start a discussion...in which case it seems a bit one sided. Would be good to hear the original poster - or others who agree with him - respond to some of the thoughtful arguments which challenge his position.

Very true, unfortunately for the OP we know his position, we have to be patient because HE likes Millen, but 4 months into GJ's tenure because HE did'nt like him he had to go.

Big difference is, as much as you like or dislike rob's posts, he never attacks the poster, he offers opinions on the post. Now when he gives his views in his posts lots attack him directly. Or even accuse him of fishing. For me the problem lays with the people attacking Rob. People don't have to agree with him, and just because people don't agree doesn't give them the right to gang up on Rob. From looking on, I have come to a conclusion a lot of people act like school yard bullies towards Rob. I think a lot of growing up needs to be done.

Let me put my tin hat on and retreat

There are the usual suspects who attack the poster and not the post on this thread. Comments like ''you didn't get behind Johnson" as if thats a relevant point 18 months later...

The difference is that I could see no future under Johnson. It was obvious that he had no develop plans as all the loanee's he wasted money on shows. I always felt it would go tits up and eventually it did.

Its different with Millen. I have far more faith in his ability to manage City. Despite a difficult last season he managed just 3 and 1 points less that the previous two seasons and I'm sure he'll manage City to another mid-table finish this season. Its then, next summer with his hand untied that we'll see what he's truly capable of when he gets the chance to have a major player clear out.

I\m not arguing that he providing great football, he ain't but thats largely down to the players at his disposal. He's having to utilise his resources in the most effective way. Three games undefeated is a step in the right direction and when/if he can get in some more defenders we'll see things improve.

Patience is the word.................

It's not an attack on the poster.

I'm simply stating that you seem to think it wrong to attack Millen for the uninspiring dross on offer, in the same manner you slated Mr Johnson during his tenure.

and no matter how much you argue, three points and one point is still LESS than achieved during Mr Johnsons demise.

The football offered by Millen is complete garbage. It has nothing to do with having his hands tied. It is down to bad tactics.

It has to change. It must change. The alternative is relegation and another decade in the doldrums.

Big difference is, as much as you like or dislike rob's posts, he never attacks the poster, he offers opinions on the post. Now when he gives his views in his posts lots attack him directly. Or even accuse him of fishing. For me the problem lays with the people attacking Rob. People don't have to agree with him, and just because people don't agree doesn't give them the right to gang up on Rob. From looking on, I have come to a conclusion a lot of people act like school yard bullies towards Rob. I think a lot of growing up needs to be done.

There are plenty of posts in this thread that challenge Robbo's position...not him. Would be good to see a response to them.

There are plenty of posts in this thread that challenge Robbo's position...not him. Would be good to see a response to them.

I am talking generally not just this posting. He seems to have a hate mob after him. His name is mentioned in various posts that he hasn't contributed in. People take the p1ss and make snide remarks all the time. If that isn't bullying adolesent behaviour I don't know what is.

And if the mods had some gumption there would be some bans handed out from what I have seen written about Rob in the past few years.

I can't say I agree with all Rob says, but the abuse he takes here is unwarranted

I am talking generally not just this posting. He seems to have a hate mob after him. His name is mentioned in various posts that he hasn't contributed in. People take the p1ss and make snide remarks all the time. If that isn't bullying adolesent behaviour I don't know what is.

And if the mods had some gumption there would be some bans handed out from what I have seen written about Rob in the past few years.

I can't say I agree with all Rob says, but the abuse he takes here is unwarranted

Haven't you worked it out yet?, he loves it, it's what he baits his posts for and then plays the victim.

Nothing to work out, he has a different opinion and offers dicussion on a forum. After all that is what a forum is for. If people cannot handle a discussion on a forum without attacking someone then maybe they haven't got the brain capacity to debate A subject. Better of at the ground shouting abuse at the opposition or heaven forbid our own players so they don't have to put up with a differing opinion.

People need to grow up.

But what about all the rational posts to which he does not respond? Given his absolute faith in Keith I would have thought he would be confident he could counter those. Instead all who disgree with him are dismissed as attacking the poster, something most don't do. Good way of avoiding debate I suppose. As I posted earlier on the thread his counter argument is just a straw man one; attribute a position to somebody that they do not take (i.e. anybody who disagrees is a Millen hater) and attack that as opposed to addressing the issues.

Nothing to work out, he has a different opinion and offers dicussion on a forum. After all that is what a forum is for. If people cannot handle a discussion on a forum without attacking someone then maybe they haven't got the brain capacity to debate A subject. Better of at the ground shouting abuse at the opposition or heaven forbid our own players so they don't have to put up with a differing opinion.

People need to grow up.

Well you've convinced me. That the guy who 4 months into the tenure of our last very successful manager (in fact the 3rd most successful of all time) started a vicious and unrelenting campaign against him and now wants us to be patient with Millen, yep you've convinced me.

People need to grow up.

The chap has made 15 000 posts. I suggest he enjoys being on here.

I quite agree that it's the post and not the poster that is the most important thing. And there's obviously history between some folk on here.

But there have been many posts in this thread that have challenged what was a very provocative OP...one which accused Millen's critics of lacking patience and failing to see the big picture. A number of people have advanced perfectly sober and reasonable arguments against that position...and there's been almost no response to them. Which makes me wonder why the thread was started in the first place...

But what about all the rational posts to which he does not respond? Given his absolute faith in Keith I would have thought he would be confident he could counter those. Instead all who disgree with him are dismissed as attacking the poster, something most don't do. Good way of avoiding debate I suppose. As I posted earlier on the thread his counter argument is just a straw man one; attribute a position to somebody that they do not take (i.e. anybody who disagrees is a Millen hater) and attack that as opposed to addressing the issues.

That would suggest to me he cannot argue the point.and maybe wrong in his opinion.

Still does not excuse the juvenille attacks he has to put up with. Like I say this place is like a playground. People disagree jump up and down and call names.

People need to grow up.

Having never attacked the poster but not got a response to my points am I, and others like me, to be told to grow up also? He does not offer discussion as he does not respond to contrary views expressed in reasonable terms.

Having never attacked the poster but not got a response to my points am I, and others like me, to be told to grow up also? He does not offer discussion as he does not respond to contrary views expressed in reasonable terms.

I never told you to grow up. I said people. Those people who hurl abuse. I have not mentioned you once, I was just replying to your post

The chap has made 15 000 posts. I suggest he enjoys being on here.

I quite agree that it's the post and not the poster that is the most important thing. And there's obviously history between some folk on here.

But there have been many posts in this thread that have challenged what was a very provocative OP...one which accused Millen's critics of lacking patience and failing to see the big picture. A number of people have advanced perfectly sober and reasonable arguments against that position...and there's been almost no response to them. Which makes me wonder why the thread was started in the first place...

Easiest answer is not to reply to anything thing he writes if he is unwilling to answer or block him if that is an option here?

I see you joined this forum after the "Johnson Years" so never had the pleasure of Robbo's Conference manager out posts. Those who have read those post do find it strange that a manager who got us promoted and then into a play-off final should have been sacked but a manager who is serving up such poor quality football as well as sharing traits of that previous manager such as playing players out of position negative tactics at home and baffling substitutions needs to be shown patience. I have no axe to grind with Robbo but do find it strange when he criticises others for things he himself has been guilty of.

But on the subject of our manager I think he has left himself open to criticism. He signs a winger and a center forward who were not essential purchases but then says his hands are tied as to signing the players he has said in the past we need. We are all aware of our overspend but can you blame the fans for getting rather upset when he is perceived to have wasted money on positions we had no need of strengthening? Before the season kicked off many on here concluded our strike force was the match of almost any other in this league. But because of his inability to get in those players we are desperate for we play with one up front. In January he signed Martyn Woolford, a left footed left winger, Keith prefers to go with a right footer (JCR) rather than showing confidence in one of his own signing. If you look at Saturday's starting line up only 2 of those players were recruited by KM and one of those is on loan. If I was Pitman, Stead, Woolford or Bolasie I'd be asking him why did you sign me. We all have our own thoughts on selection but why did he sign these player if they haven't improved the team, this is a question I'm sure Sexstone and/or Lansdown would like answered give how much the player were alledgedly signed for. Maybe Keith does deserve more time and I am more than happy for that to happen as long as we see some progress but we cannot stay stagnant or start slipping backwards. Relagation would leave us with a financial burden we would struggle with even with the handouts from Steve Lansdown. The next couple of days could make or break Keith's job but I think September will truely be crunch time for him with 3 out of 4 games at home anything less than 7/12 points would have to be considered very poor. I hope he gets it right but I shan't be betting the mortgage on it.

People need to grow up.

I agree, i think most people on here have a low opinion of Robbored. But to be honest he's made a rod for his own back...in many ways. For instance his thread talks about the need for fan's to be more patient.....yet he called GJ a conference manager and wanted him out after just 10 games in charge. Yet Millen has given us a year of dross and we should be more patient. You seem to be a nice sort ( if slightly gullible) and i think your right that no one should be personally attacked on here....but most of what i have read on here is legitimate and not personal at all. Perhaps this forum is not for you, if you can't handle a bit of heated debate? Just a thought!

Either way, we all want the best for our club....even Robbored in his silly old way!

:fingerscrossed:

Easiest answer is not to reply to anything thing he writes if he is unwilling to answer or block him if that is an option here?

You're right..and it is an option. But I prefer to think that people want to have a debate on here. I'm not one for name calling or abuse...and I'm also not one for starting an argument and then leaving the room.

I see you joined this forum after the "Johnson Years" so never had the pleasure of Robbo's Conference manager out posts. Those who have read those post do find it strange that a manager who got us promoted and then into a play-off final should have been sacked but a manager who is serving up such poor quality football as well as sharing traits of that previous manager such as playing players out of position negative tactics at home and baffling substitutions needs to be shown patience. I have no axe to grind with Robbo but do find it strange when he criticises others for things he himself has been guilty of.

But on the subject of our manager I think he has left himself open to criticism. He signs a winger and a center forward who were not essential purchases but then says his hands are tied as to signing the players he has said in the past we need. We are all aware of our overspend but can you blame the fans for getting rather upset when he is perceived to have wasted money on positions we had no need of strengthening? Before the season kicked off many on here concluded our strike force was the match of almost any other in this league. But because of his inability to get in those players we are desperate for we play with one up front. In January he signed Martyn Woolford, a left footed left winger, Keith prefers to go with a right footer (JCR) rather than showing confidence in one of his own signing. If you look at Saturday's starting line up only 2 of those players were recruited by KM and one of those is on loan. If I was Pitman, Stead, Woolford or Bolasie I'd be asking him why did you sign me. We all have our own thoughts on selection but why did he sign these player if they haven't improved the team, this is a question I'm sure Sexstone and/or Lansdown would like answered give how much the player were alledgedly signed for. Maybe Keith does deserve more time and I am more than happy for that to happen as long as we see some progress but we cannot stay stagnant or start slipping backwards. Relagation would leave us with a financial burden we would struggle with even with the handouts from Steve Lansdown. The next couple of days could make or break Keith's job but I think September will truely be crunch time for him with 3 out of 4 games at home anything less than 7/12 points would have to be considered very poor. I hope he gets it right but I shan't be betting the mortgage on it.

Oh I joined then but been here reading long before then.

I have to say the club have done themselves no favours, it seems the board and manager do not discuss what is to be said to the media. It seems the transfer position changes all the time with different messages coming out every week. Sometimes I think they would be better off just keeping quiet, just like they do when they actually try to sign someone

I agree, i think most people on here have a low opinion of Robbored. But to be honest he's made a rod for his own back...in many ways. For instance his thread talks about the need for fan's to be more patient.....yet he called GJ a conference manager and wanted him out after just 10 games in charge. Yet Millen has given us a year of dross and we should be more patient. You seem to be a nice sort ( if slightly gullible) and i think your right that no one should be personally attacked on here....but most of what i have read on here is legitimate and not personal at all. Perhaps this forum is not for you, if you can't handle a bit of heated debate? Just a thought!

Either way, we all want the best for our club....even Robbored in his silly old way!

:fingerscrossed:

I like debate, but when I see posts like, you ******g d**k and such like I just wonder why?

Seems a strange reaction to an opinion about something. Now if he had just insulted you personally then It's fair game.

Or is it just me that thinks like that. If it is just me I apologise for being a weirdo.

I never told you to grow up. I said people. Those people who hurl abuse. I have not mentioned you once, I was just replying to your post

Perhaps to avoid giving the impression that you are tarring everybody with the same brush you might have told some people to grow up. Robbo, The self styled voice of reason, in the meantime continues to decline to respond to any reasoned arguments.:disapointed2se:

Perhaps to avoid giving the impression that you are tarring everybody with the same brush you might have told some people to grow up. Robbo, The self styled voice of reason, in the meantime continues to decline to respond to any reasoned arguments.:disapointed2se:

That's because I am to busy typing from this account

That would suggest to me he cannot argue the point.and maybe wrong in his opinion.

Still does not excuse the juvenille attacks he has to put up with. Like I say this place is like a playground. People disagree jump up and down and call names.

I've no axe to grind with Robbo but he has been more than happy to launch such juvenile attacks towards Gary Johnson, a classic case from the classic threads section

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/52817-gary-johnson-conference-manager/

He does not advocate patience toward a then new manager who had only just had 1 transfer window and that had only closed 13 day prior to this post. Despite inheriting a squd with an alledged drinking culture that conference manager took us to a respectable 9th in the table which included a run of 9 straight defeats. Maybe you can see why some on here are a tadge resentful of being told to have patience.

You realise you have brought on my PTSS, which has taken many years to control, the nightmares will start again, mother, mother why?. Back to the Bates Motel.

:laugh: hope you have oiled the rocking chair, and don't go near the kitchen... Sharp things in there.

Archived