IGNORED

Do Any City Fans Have Any Patience?

Robbored

The poor quality service stems from a weak defence which means the midfield is often too deep trying to cover the back four. City then have to rely on counter attacking. That's a sound approach away from home as we saw at Leicester but less effective at AG as we saw against Pompey.

Neither Skuse or Elliot are what you'd call 'ball players'. Both get stuck in and break up play but lack that killer pass that the likes of Noble and Hartley had and that doesn't help when trying to break teams down particularly at AG. Problem is that Millen has few alternatives should he want to drop either Skuse or Elliot. If he opted for another play maker, say Reid then that risks over exposing the dodgy defence. That's why he's so desperate to bring some better defenders.

What midfield??? I saw some players listed as midfielders appear against Swindon but I saw no sign of there actually being a midfield in the conventional sense. Swindon's attacks began in the final third of their half with multiple players being able to run 60 yards at our hapless defence and scare them to death. In those circumstances any defender would look poor.

What midfield??? I saw some players listed as midfielders appear against Swindon but I saw no sign of there actually being a midfield in the conventional sense. Swindon's attacks began in the final third of their half with multiple players being able to run 60 yards at our hapless defence and scare them to death. In those circumstances any defender would look poor.

My point exactly.

Well at least now he's getting players in....you can't use the excuse of "his hands are tied" much longer.

Everyone,and I mean everyone, knows that Hunt and Stewart to name just 2, are taking about 10 grand a week each out of our club and aren't playing.

Because they were signed by Coppell and no one rates them, especially our support.

That's where his hands are tied.

and this has absolutely nothing to do with, Millen playing Skuse and Elliott together in a failed centre midfield pairing at all costs and then playing a right winger on the left having bought 2 left sided players who cannot even get a game of course?.

You make it sound to simple and easy. Woolford has yet to impress much and Bolasie hasn't made the squad for a league game. In his case Millen must feel that he hasn't shown enough in training to earn a place. For all we know he could be finding the step up difficult and isn't ready yet.

But you'd play him ahead of JCR who is an experienced and versatile Championship player. Thankfully you're not the manager.

You make it sound to simple and easy. Woolford has yet to impress much and Bolasie hasn't made the squad for a league game. In his case Millen must feel that he hasn't shown enough in training to earn a place. For all we know he could be finding the step up difficult and isn't ready yet.

But you'd play him ahead of JCR who is an experienced and versatile Championship player. Thankfully you're not the manager.

Perhaps it's his transfers that are the problem and he now has to rely on GJ's signings to get him out of the shit then?.oh yes and the same JCR that you were criticising when ever he played last season.

Perhaps it's his transfers that are the problem and he now has to rely on GJ's signings to get him out of the shit then?.oh yes and the same JCR that you were criticising when ever he played last season.

Was I? I don't actually remember but anyhow that was last season. I do recall JCR putting in some good performances towards the end of the season then he got injured. The point now is that JCR is experienced and versatile at this level and Bolasie isn't.

I know who I'd select.

Where is he working now? Div 2 isn't it?

But according to you I was wrong about him. disapointed2se.gif

But the thing is Robbo, he's in a job. If Millen were to leave/get sacked I'm not sure he would get a job managing at any level. GJ has some thing on his CV that Milly doesn't that's success (3 promotions and a Championship play off final) I like Millen and sincerley hope he turns things around a) because he's a nice bloke & b) success with him at the helm is cheaper for the club than sacking him. To my mind though relegation is not an option given the investment in both the team (KM has spent over £2M if rumours of Pitman, Stead & Woolford transfer fee's are even close) and in the stadium.

Tbh' Chinapig I didn't respond because I didn't see the point which is why I mentioned 'fixed views' and 'going around in circles' in another post.

But......I will say this. I agree that City have an abundance of attacking options. Maynard, Pitman, Stead, Clarkson, Albert, Woolford and JCR is pretty impressive.That said we all know that regardless of how good your attacking players are they aren't going to be that successful without good service.

The poor quality service stems from a weak defence which means the midfield is often too deep trying to cover the back four. City then have to rely on counter attacking. That's a sound approach away from home as we saw at Leicester but less effective at AG as we saw against Pompey.

Neither Skuse or Elliot are what you'd call 'ball players'. Both get stuck in and break up play but lack that killer pass that the likes of Noble and Hartley had and that doesn't help when trying to break teams down particularly at AG. Problem is that Millen has few alternatives should he want to drop either Skuse or Elliot. If he opted for another play maker, say Reid then that risks over exposing the dodgy defence. That's why he's so desperate to bring some better defenders.

When fans take the time to look at what is actually going on then maybe they would get off Millen's back and have bit more patience.

Absolutly perfectly put that man

But the thing is Robbo, he's in a job. If Millen were to leave/get sacked I'm not sure he would get a job managing at any level. GJ has some thing on his CV that Milly doesn't that's success (3 promotions and a Championship play off final) I like Millen and sincerley hope he turns things around a) because he's a nice bloke & b) success with him at the helm is cheaper for the club than sacking him. To my mind though relegation is not an option given the investment in both the team (KM has spent over £2M if rumours of Pitman, Stead & Woolford transfer fee's are even close) and in the stadium.

In all fairness GJ has been a manager since 1992 whereas MIllen has only had a couple of years.....

When GJ started out at Cambridge i believe that in his second year he got them relegated , then went to Kettering Town and got them relegated before going to Watfords acadamy.

KM saved us from relegation after GJ got sacked, then took over in very difficult circumstances when Coppell bottled it and we finished mid table with some expensive coppell misfits. He is now trying to get his players in but he has to get rid of the crap first. .also the three defenders that he had almost lined up decided to move to other clubs in the summer so he is still trying to get defenders in but he cant getg what he wants as he doesnt know if he has any money to spend because of the maynard situ.

Surely people can see this and see what a good job he has done in the circumstances so early in his managerial career

He has stil got my vote

In all fairness GJ has been a manager since 1992 whereas MIllen has only had a couple of years.....

When GJ started out at Cambridge i believe that in his second year he got them relegated , then went to Kettering Town and got them relegated before going to Watfords acadamy.

KM saved us from relegation after GJ got sacked, then took over in very difficult circumstances when Coppell bottled it and we finished mid table with some expensive coppell misfits. He is now trying to get his players in but he has to get rid of the crap first. .also the three defenders that he had almost lined up decided to move to other clubs in the summer so he is still trying to get defenders in but he cant getg what he wants as he doesnt know if he has any money to spend because of the maynard situ.

Surely people can see this and see what a good job he has done in the circumstances so early in his managerial career

He has stil got my vote

Only you and me it seems................

Good well balanced post, Whale eyed.

Patience?! I have patience in abundance that does not mean I'm happy to sit here and watch KM flounder away as manager and achieve a lot less than a certain Gary Johnson did during hi managerial reign.

KM has had ALL summer and the MAJORITY of last season to come up with a PERMENANT SOLUTION to our leaking sieve of a DEFENCE. He recognised the problem and signed Caulker on loan. He signed Spence on loan. He signed some god awful left back who left after 6 months I think. But at least he was addressing the problem.

He's done nothing since. Re-signed Spence and played him at right back where IMHO we're actually ok for. We need a Centre Back and a Left Back. Nothing until today. However at least it's one signing BUT IT'S STILL NOT PERMENANT!

So what exactly has he and his scouting team been doing. "Oh well we've missed out on our targets" And your back ups were??? Oh that's right there aren't any.,

However we can sign a winger who has not featured and a striker we have no need of. Great use of resources there.

His saving grace has been signing Kilkenny in my eyes. That at least shows he does recognise issues with in the team.

Pitman on the left. FFS why? Punishment, or just plain stupid. Continually playing JCR who will not play on the left and always cuts inside - however that seems to be ok with KM as he keeps getting picked. That leaves Jamie Mac with no protection at all. But that's ok, still pick him the next game and geep your fingers and toes crossed.

He did have the guts to drop James.

He hasn't had the guts to tell the board to sell Maynard so he can buy some new players to make the team better than with Maynard. Don't get me wrong Maynard is a great player but sell him buy a few players and we could start playing 2 up front, with a defence that more resembles a brick wall.

So in short a mixed bag. The longer he fails to rectify things which I see as fundamental. E.G Give Woolford a chance on the left. The more my patience wears thin.

As for a replacement. Sean O'Driscoll please.

P.S. Perhaps KM should drop his own hand grenade?

Patience?! I have patience in abundance that does not mean I'm happy to sit here and watch KM flounder away as manager and achieve a lot less than a certain Gary Johnson did during hi managerial reign.

GJ had a bad start at BCFC, correct me if i am wrong and i could be but didn't GJ lose the first nine games in his first season ???...and AGAIN KM is in his first full season so of course he has achieved less than GJ did overall

KM has had ALL summer and the MAJORITY of last season to come up with a PERMENANT SOLUTION to our leaking sieve of a DEFENCE. He recognised the problem and signed Caulker on loan. He signed Spence on loan. He signed some god awful left back who left after 6 months I think. But at least he was addressing the problem.

How do you know tha the hasnt got a 1 million pound centre half lined up but we cant buy until Maynard has gone ( if ) so the back up is loans of which we have got 2 in the back 4

He's done nothing since. Re-signed Spence and played him at right back where IMHO we're actually ok for. We need a Centre Back and a Left Back. Nothing until today. However at least it's one signing BUT IT'S STILL NOT PERMENANT!

SEE ABOVE

So what exactly has he and his scouting team been doing. "Oh well we've missed out on our targets" And your back ups were??? Oh that's right there aren't any.,

I believe that he had five or six targets, some signed new contracts and the others moved to different clubs..they have to work down a list, find one that fits the bill, fits the price range , will fit into the team , come to Bristol, accept the wages, agent fees need agreeing as does the transfer fee of course...its not football manager on the pc where a click of the mouse and bam you have signed a player

However we can sign a winger who has not featured and a striker we have no need of. Great use of resources there.

He was a bargin.....lets say that someone else signed him and in 2 years time he gets sold for 3 million ( probably adomah;'s worth ) you will be on here saying ...why didnt that fool millen sign him....and as for the striker we will need him of maynard goes and who knows he might be very good. Pitman looked poor at first so give the guy a chance ...........

His saving grace has been signing Kilkenny in my eyes. That at least shows he does recognise issues with in the team.

Pitman on the left. FFS why? Punishment, or just plain stupid. Continually playing JCR who will not play on the left and always cuts inside - however that seems to be ok with KM as he keeps getting picked. That leaves Jamie Mac with no protection at all. But that's ok, still pick him the next game and geep your fingers and toes crossed.

Pitman on the left of a front three ...strikers can play outside of the box you know ...Henry , Anelka, Rooney etc.....

He hasn't had the guts to tell the board to sell Maynard so he can buy some new players to make the team better than with Maynard. Don't get me wrong Maynard is a great player but sell him buy a few players and we could start playing 2 up front, with a defence that more resembles a brick wall.

Again this is reality not football manager what a stupid comment ( he hasnt got the guts !!! )

So in short a mixed bag. The longer he fails to rectify things which I see as fundamental. E.G Give Woolford a chance on the left. The more my patience wears thin.

Yea well done cos Donny are playing great football and are doing well in the league again......Didn't they score their first goal this weekend ??????

And lose the dressing room ...brilliant

Cheers for the reply funnily enough I see things very differently! :laugh:

snapback.pngrednotblue, on 30 August 2011 - 10:38 PM, said:

GJ had a bad start at BCFC, correct me if i am wrong and i could be but didn't GJ lose the first nine games in his first season ???...and AGAIN KM is in his first full season so of course he has achieved less than GJ did overall

But there was an improvement under GJ. Granted by the end he had to go with too many personality clashes. KM has had a season and a half and I'm not 100% convinced we've even stood still

How do you know tha the hasnt got a 1 million pound centre half lined up but we cant buy until Maynard has gone ( if ) so the back up is loans of which we have got 2 in the back 4

But that's pointless! That only works IF Maynard is sold. What if he's not. Oh well hey ho and all that. It's not good enough.

SEE ABOVE

I believe that he had five or six targets, some signed new contracts and the others moved to different clubs..they have to work down a list, find one that fits the bill, fits the price range , will fit into the team , come to Bristol, accept the wages, agent fees need agreeing as does the transfer fee of course...its not football manager on the pc where a click of the mouse and bam you have signed a player

No arguements there and perhaps we have been very unlucky with the targets - however that's what they are paid to do and I find it incredibly frustrating that they have not solved this yet.

He was a bargin.....lets say that someone else signed him and in 2 years time he gets sold for 3 million ( probably adomah;'s worth ) you will be on here saying ...why didnt that fool millen sign him....and as for the striker we will need him of maynard goes and who knows he might be very good. Pitman looked poor at first so give the guy a chance ...........

That's a fair comment, my only response is that I would rather see us take these 'punts' once we have a sturdier defence in place.

Pitman on the left of a front three ...strikers can play outside of the box you know ...Henry , Anelka, Rooney etc.....

No arguements there - but put Maynard on the left and Pitman in the centre and I believe you have a stronger front three than with Pitman wide left. Maynard does drop off and go wide. Admittedly that is just my opinion though.

Again this is reality not football manager what a stupid comment ( he hasnt got the guts !!! )

Yea well done cos Donny are playing great football and are doing well in the league again......Didn't they score their first goal this weekend ??????

Fair comment but which team was hanging on at the end?? Again though my personal choice

And lose the dressing room ...brilliant

As long as he is fair and factual the players should have no problem with criticism. If they do then they need to get out in the real world.

Phew!

However we can sign a winger who has not featured and a striker we have no need of. Great use of resources there. Patience, we now have a Mc player who can play lb and Centre Back, hope he is good. Dont think its easy to get players to our club. The boarder and KM are sure to work hard to bring good players to City. You build the team from the defence. Donny? Punishment, or just plain stupid. Continually playing JCR who will not play on tps getting picked. That leaves Jamie Mac with no protection at all. But that's ok, still pick him the next game and geep your fingers and toes crossed.

Patience, we now got a Mc player who can play lb and Centr Back, hope he is good. KM and company im sured they worked very hard to imrove the squad. I dont think that its a easy work. You build the team from defence and the last 3 leaugegames we had get better. Ok the Donny score was not good, but shit happens. Hopefully not so ofen in the future. Imo we now have a good defence with 2 good goalkepers. What I understands Wilson is good and Nyatanga is getting better. Fonts, Carey, Ribbs, Edwards. Stewart, Hunt? COYR!!!

Tbh' Chinapig I didn't respond because I didn't see the point which is why I mentioned 'fixed views' and 'going around in circles' in another post.

But......I will say this. I agree that City have an abundance of attacking options. Maynard, Pitman, Stead, Clarkson, Albert, Woolford and JCR is pretty impressive.That said we all know that regardless of how good your attacking players are they aren't going to be that successful without good service.

When fans take the time to look at what is actually going on then maybe they would get off Millen's back and have bit more patience.

The defence is indeed part of the problem but more because they constantly hoof the ball, something Keith should be able to address I would think. He now has a left back, albeit temporary, but says he is happy with the Wilson/Nyatanga combination so is unlikely to change that. True also that we have no attacking midfield player despite being told Kilkenny was the creative one we craved, Something else for the manager to address the.

Archived