IGNORED

Evander Sno

spudski

Good to see him playing in the Eredivisie again. Got himself a one year contract playing top flight football. 2 games, 1 Goal and an assist so far. Another player who we screwed up by playing out of position. Hope his heart stays strong...

When you think about it, Saborio, Hartley and Sno in our team right now under the right manager would have been very positive.

Goal here...

http://www.rkcwaalwijk.nl/rkc-waalwijk/rkc-media/

Good to see him playing in the Eredivisie again. Got himself a one year contract playing top flight football. 2 games, 1 Goal and an assist so far. Another player who we screwed up by playing out of position. Hope his heart stays strong...

When you think about it, Saborio, Hartley and Sno in our team right now under the right manager would have been very positive.

Goal here...

http://www.rkcwaalwi...wijk/rkc-media/

Why would you want a proven Scottish International, a Costa Rican International, who has an international strike rate of 1 in 2 and a lad who was schooled in football at Ajax in your team, when you could have the Lidl Lampard and Gerrard combo of Elliott and Skuse in your engine room?? And a predatory striker with an awesome games to goals ratio on the left wing? In the kingdom that is crumbling, the three year deal is king...............

I know...makes me so angry. We are such an amateurish muppet Club. Shit managers since Dicks.

we so needed an established and experienced manager to build on the platform we'd established under Johnson...feels as though the opportunity to cement a higher reputation in the game has passed us by.

It really is very very sad when you think about it. We've spent Millions on players, some good, some bad. But yet we've never spent really good money on an excellent manager at this level or above. ( Coppell leaving spoke volumes imho ) Wilson, Tinnion, Ward, GJ, Millen...what have they achieved since City?

It really is very very sad when you think about it. We've spent Millions on players, some good, some bad. But yet we've never spent really good money on an excellent manager at this level or above. ( Coppell leaving spoke volumes imho ) Wilson, Tinnion, Ward, GJ, Millen...what have they achieved since City?

When you put it like that, its even more depressing, specially if you include Benny, Denis Smith, Lumsden and big Joe's second spell..

Big Joe was our best manager after Dicks, during his first spell.

we so needed an established and experienced manager to build on the platform we'd established under Johnson...feels as though the opportunity to cement a higher reputation in the game has passed us by.

So true. It's like building a house but putting a plastic sheet on the roof.

Goal here...

http://www.rkcwaalwi...wijk/rkc-media/

Saborio is one of the most useless players i have ever seen in a City shirt, Hartley quality, Sno, good player when he has got time on the ball, he didn't have the stamina to ever play English football, not saying this because of the heart thing you could just see it in him, Ajax game was pre season when he looked class.

Saborio is one of the most useless players i have ever seen in a City shirt, Hartley quality, Sno, good player when he has got time on the ball, he didn't have the stamina to ever play English football, not saying this because of the heart thing you could just see it in him, Ajax game was pre season when he looked class.

He seemed to do OK for Celtic. You may argue (rightly) that the quality of opposition was inferior, but the pace in Scotland is much the same.

When you put it like that, its even more depressing, specially if you include Benny, Denis Smith, Lumsden and big Joe's second spell..

Big Joe was our best manager after Dicks, during his first spell.

Agree. Dicks was slightly before my time (I was 4 when we were promoted to the top flight in 76), otherwise I would argue that Joe was better. I remember when he got the job it was 5 games from the end of the season and our play-off chances were all but gone. We won the last 5 and got to the play-off final. The next season we were in the League Cup semi's and the following season we were promoted (albeit second to some lucky team who's name escapes me). I still maintain that if Jordan had stayed with us then he would have taken us to the top flight. If's and But's though I suppose...

Amazing comment - Saborio was a very, very good striker. Brought other players into play had an exceptional technique, just missed home by the sound of things.

Sno was a strong, quick player with a great first touch, didn't have a natural technique but was far too good for our squad.

Amazing comment - Saborio was a very, very good striker. Brought other players into play had an exceptional technique, just missed home by the sound of things.

Sno was a strong, quick player with a great first touch, didn't have a natural technique but was far too good for our squad.

I'm glad someone has got some sense on here...

Sabario had one good game for us in his time here his debut at Coventry where he looked a good player after that he done nothing.

Half the players we get come here and 'do nothing'...yet before and after go on to do well at other clubs. It's no coincidence.

When we have had quality players down here, we haven't had the managers here capable of implementing their skills. Either played out of position or not used to their advantages.

Ward,Wilson, Tinnion, GJ, Millen... all managers that have done very little at this level. We have had inept managers for years. What's the point of bringing in good players on decent wages, if we haven't got quality managers to guide them?

We've had League 1 level managers for years. Hense the football we play, and the progress we are making. It's not Rocket Science is it.

Would SL put someone in charge of his business with little or no knowledge of what they are doing?

Why does he put rookies and managers with little proven experience at this level and above, in charge of his Club, when he wants Premier League football?

It's not logical...and naive imho.

Half the players we get come here and 'do nothing'...yet before and after go on to do well at other clubs. It's no coincidence.

When we have had quality players down here, we haven't had the managers here capable of implementing their skills. Either played out of position or not used to their advantages.

Ward,Wilson, Tinnion, GJ, Millen... all managers that have done very little at this level. We have had inept managers for years. What's the point of bringing in good players on decent wages, if we haven't got quality managers to guide them?

We've had League 1 level managers for years. Hense the football we play, and the progress we are making. It's not Rocket Science is it.

Would SL put someone in charge of his business with little or no knowledge of what they are doing?

Why does he put rookies and managers with little proven experience at this level and above, in charge of his Club, when he wants Premier League football?

Fair enough point players do seem to go backwards when they come here, Woolford being the most recent.

Poor managers and tactics have something to do with making sabrorio looking bad, but the real reason, and this goes for all the other quality players that we have signed, and made look pants. It is the absolute garbage they have to play with, sno and sabrorio would make runs and take up superb positions, only for the lack of quality from others let them down. In truth they are too good for our team, their movement is wasted on our players. Unless we sign a team full of players on the same technical level as these guys, more often than not the move will not work out.

Who are all these players who have gone on to do great things after leaving though? I hardly think scoring goals in Salt Lake City or managing Alloa counts! I also remember a certain Aussie who, according to many here was a world-beater cruelly denied his due recognition, and a cheeky cockney midfielder last seen where the M5 runs into sand...

Luke Wilshire's made a decent career, but I can't think of too many others. More often it seems certain individuals, when they wern't playing, have been used to beat the current manager over the head and fuel frequent but dubious allegations of having 'lost the dressing room'!

I was at Coventry for the Saborio debut, and Sheffield Utd for the epiphany of the Kangaroo Cantona for that matter - I've seen plenty of performances at least as good from a host of others.

Poor managers and tactics have something to do with making sabrorio looking bad, but the real reason, and this goes for all the other quality players that we have signed, and made look pants. It is the absolute garbage they have to play with, sno and sabrorio would make runs and take up superb positions, only for the lack of quality from others let them down. In truth they are too good for our team, their movement is wasted on our players. Unless we sign a team full of players on the same technical level as these guys, more often than not the move will not work out.

Good players still stand out in a poor side, Nobby Solona at Hartlepool is doing it know, Sabario & Sno should of stood out in games for us regardless of the people around them and they both did not do this during there time at our club. Ok making runs of the ball maybe Sabario did do this i don't just ball watch at the Gate i watch the movement of the ball he just didn't do it for me, stupid comment saying he is one of the worse players ever i accept.

People who say Sno wasnt better than all of our team that season, shows just how little they know about football. He was hugely wasted by a manager who felt he had to accomadate certain players. One of the most frustarting things to happen at this club in the last few years.

If Sno stood out as much as you suggest in his time at City a club bigger than us would of asked about his services.

Had Johnson not of stuck him on the left wing he would have stood out I think.

Big waste of a talented player.

Fair enough point, what i am saying is if he was that good scouts that are at every game City play would of saw this and reported back if played in the right position this will be a class player at this level no scout or the managers we played against thought this.

Was there ever a City midfield pairing of greater potential than Hartley & Sno?

Sadly unrealised...

Sadly....more like Criminally!!!

If Sno stood out as much as you suggest in his time at City a club bigger than us would of asked about his services.

If it wasn't for his Heart problems, he'd be playing in Serie A right now.

These points are all so true and obvious to anyone who has watched City since over the years. How many comments do you see on here about players being played out of position. Its no coincidence that we dont get the best out of them. Oh for a manager that would select a flair player (remember them?) and give him the freedom to express himself. I'm fed up with the clipboard and blackboard approach to our football.Eleven back defending corners; zone marking etc. We may not win everything with an attacking flamboyant style but it would be a damn site more exciting than the drivel on show at the moment.

Archived