IGNORED

Toughness

TRL

So after 1 season and 5 or 6 games Millen has noticed we are not tough or aggressive enough. So has decided to do something about it this week, not last season, not in pre season but a few games into his 2nd season! Now some coaches are pro active, others are reactive... But this beggars belief. Over a season if what is being reported is true, to notice we don't have a nasty side and he is working on it in training this week! Only a bit late Millen me old mucker!

Just wish he would keep his gob shut, the drivel that flows is getting worse and worse. Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot is there.

So after 1 season and 5 or 6 games Millen has noticed we are not tough or aggressive enough. So has decided to do something about it this week, not last season, not in pre season but a few games into his 2nd season! Now some coaches are pro active, others are reactive... But this beggars belief. Over a season if what is being reported is true, to notice we don't have a nasty side and he is working on it in training this week! Only a bit late Millen me old mucker!

Just wish he would keep his gob shut, the drivel that flows is getting worse and worse. Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot is there.

Yet another 'lets slag off our manager' thread. Soooooooooo tedious.

Maybe the mods should open up a separate forum for those who want to read these boring threads. That would be a real blessing.

K

Maybe the mods should open up a separate forum for those who want to read these boring threads. That would be a real blessing.

Have you forgotten all your negative posts under our most successful manager in the last 20 odd years. don't slate others when you do it yourself

He does take an awful long time to spot the obvious problems.....

A defence without caulker without any additions was always going to concede alot..... by not replacing him, we now have to go ultra defensive.

Skuse and Elliott - the only time I can think of to play these to as a pairing is if your seeing out a game and protecting a lead - but even then it will be difficult to keep the ball. But despite seeing these two play every game that they have played together - he still cant see it does not work...

One up front - a goalscorer like Maynard or Pitman need a partner with them ie Stead. But he continues to play one up front - this is despite overloading the squad with forwards.

Crazy.

So rob, you think 1 year is an acceptable time frame to notice this? In fact Millen has been here for a lot longer than that, so 1 year to notice this is going easy on him. If you think 1 year is acceptable then please let me know why? Or may be it is too tedious for you to answer?

He does take an awful long time to spot the obvious problems.....

A defence without caulker without any additions was always going to concede alot..... by not replacing him, we now have to go ultra defensive.

Skuse and Elliott - the only time I can think of to play these to as a pairing is if your seeing out a game and protecting a lead - but even then it will be difficult to keep the ball. But despite seeing these two play every game that they have played together - he still cant see it does not work...

One up front - a goalscorer like Maynard or Pitman need a partner with them ie Stead. But he continues to play one up front - this is despite overloading the squad with forwards.

Crazy.

To be honest he's had a damn sight longer than just his season and a bit in charge to notice that we've gone a bit soft, from our second season in this league it started with the ever increasing late goals, and has steadily got worse under Gj and then Millen, so as he was assistant at the time i'd say it has taken millen 4 years to nothice this problem which has been getting worse and worse for a long time.

In truth in the defence we have lacked some bite ever since big shaun taylor retired.

Ok. your post is a fat ginger hypocrite with a small cock and an inferiority complex

Now now....

But whilst I'm here - Robbored, I've a simple question:

What has Millen done/is doing to justify your vocal support for him that is far in excess of the support you gave GJ? Or in other words, in what way is Millen superior to GJ?

You can't use the one decent patch of form from the end of last year as GJ had far longer patches of success with a cheaper squad.

You can't use the cliched excuse of he's not been here long, since other managers have had far greater impact for other clubs in far shorter time.

You can't say his hands are tied with the current feeble squad, because a) the current squad is capable of getting results as we see in patches (but obviously not consistently) and b) he has made signings (and then mysteriously not used them)

For the life of me I cannot see why people are so content to accept Millen as a manager other than fear of getting an even more rubbish manager in his place (which is possible, but not probable). As each month goes on, the "give him time" excuse gets weaker and weaker and yet people still staunchly defend him. Based on what?

Unbe*******lievable - you must have cahones the size of Bristol to write shit like that on here after all you've said about GJ in the past

Now now....

But whilst I'm here - Robbored, I've a simple question:

What has Millen done/is doing to justify your vocal support for him that is far in excess of the support you gave GJ? Or in other words, in what way is Millen superior to GJ?

You can't use the one decent patch of form from the end of last year as GJ had far longer patches of success with a cheaper squad.

You can't use the cliched excuse of he's not been here long, since other managers have had far greater impact for other clubs in far shorter time.

You can't say his hands are tied with the current feeble squad, because a) the current squad is capable of getting results as we see in patches (but obviously not consistently) and b) he has made signings (and then mysteriously not used them)

For the life of me I cannot see why people are so content to accept Millen as a manager other than fear of getting an even more rubbish manager in his place (which is possible, but not probable). As each month goes on, the "give him time" excuse gets weaker and weaker and yet people still staunchly defend him. Based on what?

He introduced a "development squad"......or in plain English to me and you, he bought more second rate sh*t players for our reserve squad

He has only himself to blame.

I dont think people will ever let him forget how wrong and negative he was about GJ.

And rightly so - and tedious as it is.

exactly right. The fact he was so wrong and had his own personal agenda, and still to this second believes he was right (the comment of "I knew it would go wrong eventually" was the best), means that so many of his posts now dont get taken seriously at all.

Shame really

exactly right. The fact he was so wrong and had his own personal agenda, and still to this second believes he was right (the comment of "I knew it would go wrong eventually" was the best), means that so many of his posts now dont get taken seriously at all.

You and certain others are liked a cracked record. You all post pretty much the same replies to many of my posts with comments that refer to an opinion of approximately 18 months and before. You may not have noticed but things have changed in intervening period.

Views change, and it fact yours and certain others views have changed just as mine have. You and certain others are allowed to post repetitive critism of our manager without the slightest mention of 'hyporacy'. Didn't you and certain others declare undying love for one of our previous managers? something you still hold on to.

In simpler terms. I get accused of hyprocracy after my critism of Johnson and my current support for Millen. You and certain others declare undying loyalty to Johnson but now slag off Millen in virtually every post. Surely if I'm a hypocrite then so are you and certain others.

Fact is we have a different perspective and view on things but you and certain others can't seem to accept that and resort to the same old' same old' responses to many of my posts. Its as if you think that your predictable comments will devalue whatever it is I've posted.

Try and think of something interesting and original to post instead.

You and certain others are liked a cracked record. You all post pretty much the same replies to many of my posts with comments that refer to an opinion of approximately 18 months and before. You may not have noticed but things have changed in intervening period.

Views change, and it fact yours and certain others views have changed just as mine have. You and certain others are allowed to post repetitive critism of our manager without the slightest mention of 'hyporacy'. Didn't you and certain others declare undying love for one of our previous managers? something you still hold on to.

In simpler terms. I get accused of hyprocracy after my critism of Johnson and my current support for Millen. You and certain others declare undying loyalty to Johnson but now slag off Millen in virtually every post. Surely if I'm a hypocrite then so are you and certain others.

Fact is we have a different perspective and view on things but you and certain others can't seem to accept that and resort to the same old' same old' responses to many of my posts. Its as if you think that your predictable comments will devalue whatever it is I've posted.

I notice you did not reply to me Rob, even thought you found time to belittle the post!

You're one of the 'certain others'.

Apologies if you were feeling left out.

Of course I am rob, that is why I stuck up for you so many times, that is why you won't find me once talking about your views on gj, that's why I have been asked if I am you several times on here.

Attack the post not the poster was your ethos was it not. Practice what you preach sonny Jim

The simple facts are that Johnson took us forward to a point we hadn't been at in over a generation, and the turnaround from bottom of L1 was very quick. Towards the end then there were obvious problems with certain players and the style of football was awful - a lot of us Johnson lovers (for want of a better phrase) agreed that his time was up

With Millen we are going backwards. The style of football is still awful, we're not scoring goals and we're not getting in players that can help us out. Stick with Millen for much longer and I think we'll be back in L1, and I'm sure we wouldn't find it easy to get out of quickly

The club is stagnating, we've been going backwards for some time. I get that it's a tough league, there are some massive clubs that we can't compete with financially - but neither could Burnley, Blackpool and Swansea, yet they've all got out. Johnson was one game (and one could argue one unfortunate injury) away from the Premier League. Do you honestly think that Millen can get us there? If so, what do you base your hopes on?

Archived