IGNORED

Toughness

TRL

Like a number of Johnson's signings both were poor buys imo. Adebola was at least two season's past his best and ultimately Carle didn't make in the English game and is now back in Australia.

really? I expected you to be singing their praises and congratulating the manager. your full of surprises.

Like a number of Johnson's signings both were poor buys imo. Adebola was at least two season's past his best and ultimately Carle didn't make in the English game and is now back in Australia.

disagree on Dele I thought he did what we brought him to do and he added that pressence up front that we missed at the time,

Carle was a waste of time and to be fair Johnson did a great bit of business to mug Tango man for a million for him

He saw with his eyes yet continues to pick Skuse and Elliott? and like GJ did...play players out of position?

I am not so sure about players out of position. He only really seems to do that with Pitman when he puts him out on the left as a sub. He must see something in training that we don't for him to do that. Apart from that, his starting 11 for the past 4 games have had the players playing in theri right positions, this is something he has hinted is some of the useless soundbites he spews out :)

He saw with his eyes yet continues to pick Skuse and Elliott? and like GJ did...play players out of position?

What exactly does that entail?? Playing Stead or Pitman on the left a front three qualifies as 'out of position' does it? They are strikers and should be able to play anywhere in the front line.

Now if Millen played Albert at centre back then that is playing 'out of position'.

As for playing the experienced Elliot and Skuse every game. What other options are there? They are currently the best two midfielders at the club, but you'd drop then. TF you're not in charge.

How do you rate Millens signings of Yannick Bolaise and Ryan Taylor?

Suppose you see them as world beaters!

Johnson was very unlucky with signings some getting injuries too Voakes and that rangers guy both getting injured on debut thats unlucky but how about those he brought in

Maynard

Hartley

Elliott

Jevons

Johnson

Campbell-Ryce

Maccalister

McIndoe

Basso

McCombe

Noble

Sproule

All played vital roles in promotion and our stay in the championship.

You can pick any manager and sya they had positive and negative signings, its just another chance for you to have a go of one of our most succesful managers in the last 20 years.

disagree on Dele I thought he did what we brought him to do and he added that pressence up front that we missed at the time,

Dele was a backward step. Players like him have had their day in the higher leagues. One trick Pony's all of them but occasionally effective when a team is playing hoof ball.

What exactly does that entail?? Playing Stead or Pitman on the left a front three qualifies as 'out of position' does it? They are strikers and should be able to play anywhere in the front line.

Now if Millen played Albert at centre back then that is playing 'out of position'.

As for playing the experienced Elliot and Skuse every game. What other options are there? They are currently the best two midfielders at the club, but you'd drop then. TF you're not in charge.

Your having a laugh if you think those two are playing left of a front three :laugh:, if they are up front why are they not level with Maynard but are level with Elliott, Skuse & Kilkenny or are those 3 playing up front too?

lets keep everything the same then because clearly nothing is wrong,

I mean 1 win in 8 and 5 goals scored all season is a fantastic return because everything is tactically spot on,

We retain possession and are get 60% on the possession stats every week are?

Kilkenny and Elliot in a midfield two is a must, our best football and best runs came with Johnson and Elliot in the middle so it has to change Skuse and elliot do not work

prove to me that it does please

Dele was a backward step. Players like him have had their day in the higher leagues. One trick Pony's all of them but occasionally effective when a team is playing hoof ball.

Adebola scored 6 goals in 17 games in the run in after he joined.

cant think of many who would of come to us settled straight in and scored more.

a 4th place and 10th place finish in the league would disagree with you, losing only 3 at home a season would disagree with you

And your point is? dunno.gif

I don't think we would have made much after agents fees, paying off the player because he didn't ask for the transfer etc. On this I have to agree With Rob, wasted money in the first place making very little profit when we could have bought a different player in the first place.

People go on about how much we made, in real terms I suggest not very much. Some thing to goat about to Tango man granted, but his purchase and consequential sale did nothing for this club, and proves it was a bad buy in the first place

Worse thing Johnson did in hindsight was playing Carle ahead of Lee Johnson in that final run in. But You couldn't argue as up until the final few games we had been playing well.

They should be able to...isn't the same as....they can...is it?

Pitman has proved to most of us (except clueless Keef) that he can't play on the left side of a front three.

That's why we are a bottom table side, a good manager would have realised this by now!

Admittedly, GJ'S sining Elliot is the the best midfielder at the club (we can agree on this) but playing him with Skuse ( to similar) isn't working, a good manager would have realised this by now!

TF you're not in charge!:laughcont:

but they are not the best two central midfielders at the club are they? Kilkenny is better then both of these, and we improved last season when Cisse played centre midfield?? but.....Millen and Cisse dont get on as is widely publicised on here and every where else.

As for Pitman or Stead as part of a front three.....I disagree to be honest, its like saying your a midfielder...so you should be able to play anywhere across the midfield. It doesnt work like that, however thats by the by, we dont have the players good enough to play a 4-3-3 formation, it leaves us over ran in midfield....werevert to 4-5-1, meaning certain players are out of position.

Its not rocket science Robbo. He doesnt pick the best players, and he doesnt pick the best formations. Ok, all be it just a local team, but Ive managed a team before and knew my players, and knew where my strengths were, and I knew where my weaknesses were. I may not have seen eye to eye with all of them, but if they were the better option....they would play.

I saved the club from relegation in my first season winning 6 of my last 8, then went on to two promotions, a cup final appearence and a cup semi final appearence in 5 years with pretty much the same set of players. So not to bad eh.....

I hope its third time lucky for you with regards whether you get it right on a city manager. You have been so far wrong about this one and the previous one its laughable.

Ditto on your comment though, with regards running of the football club....I'm glad you have no influence, this club would have been screwed a long time ago, because quite frankly....you know sh*t

but they are not the best two central midfielders at the club are they? Kilkenny is better then both of these, and we improved last season when Cisse played centre midfield?? but.....Millen and Cisse dont get on as is widely publicised on here and every where else.

this club would have been screwed a long time ago, because quite frankly....you know sh*t

You may not have noticed but Kilkenny is a very different type of midfielder to both Elliot and Skuse. Both of them are to tackle and win the ball, qualities all teams need in the middle. Kilkenny hardly ever tackles anyone but makes up for that weakness by being able to bring the ball out and his passing is far better than both of the other two. If you had three Kilkenny's in the middle you'd lose the midfield battle every week. That's why Elliot and Skuse are so vital. There is no-one else at City able to the job they do. Its a shame that I have to explain this to you, I would have thought it was obvious. facepalm.gif

As for personal insults. I would have thought that was obvious as well but I 've highlighted it as you missed it.

You may not have noticed but Kilkenny is a very different type of midfielder to both Elliot and Skuse. Both of them are to tackle and win the ball, qualities all teams need in the middle. Kilkenny hardly ever tackles anyone but makes up for that weakness by being able to bring the ball out and his passing is far better than both of the other two. If you had three Kilkenny's in the middle you'd lose the midfield battle every week. That's why Elliot and Skuse are so vital. There is no-one else at City able to the job they do. Its a shame that I have to explain this to you, I would have thought it was obvious. facepalm.gif

As for personal insults. I would have thought that was obvious as well but I 've highlighted it as you missed it.

thats also why we've won 1 in the last 8 and not scored at home,

We already lose the midfield battle every week because we can't retain possession and the person caught out the most is skuse, this is because the foramtaion does not work,

The proof is the results and the stats they all point to a poor formation which isn't helped by players playing out of postion which also points to a poor manager,

if you can back yourself up with some facts the maybe Andy wouldn't say you know shit, instead of just blindly following the manager simply because he's not gary johnson

thats also why we've won 1 in the last 8 and not scored at home,

We already lose the midfield battle every week because we can't retain possession and the person caught out the most is skuse, this is because the foramtaion does not work,

The proof is the results and the stats they all point to a poor formation which isn't helped by players playing out of postion which also points to a poor manager,

if you can back yourself up with some facts the maybe Andy wouldn't say you know shit, instead of just blindly following the manager simply because he's not gary johnson

No, City don't lose the midfield every week. The last two defeats came from shambolic defending. Nothing exactly the fault of the midfield.

I do agree that Elliot and Skuse don't create enough forward momentum but thats nothing to do with being in the wrong formation or being out of position. Its to do with the jobs they have to do for the team.

Elliot is a box to box midfielder. He's back defending when under pressure and getting into the opposition box when on the attack. That's how he gets a few goals. Skuse stays back more and covers for Kilkenny when he goes forward. Its usually Skuse who stays back when City have a corner and the defenders go up because he's very pacy. He was the second quickest after Sproule last season.

Ideally Kilkenny would better playing in front of both Elliot and Skuse, 'in the hole' if you like but because of the flimsy defence he has to stay back to provide cover. Millen might change things slightly tomorrow with Skuse providing back four cover giving Kilkenny licence to be more creative further up the pitch.

It really is common sense when you think about it.

Not really, because Skuse just isn't, and never will be a destroyer.

Elliot could do a better job with his energy, but that would risk dropping Skuse.

But that might entail dropping golden boy.

Of course there is on talented defensively minded midfielder at the club who would fit the role perfectly.....

This does my head in to be honest. Dele was a cracking player for us and his biggest problem was that we played too much hoofball. The guy was at his best when he used his powerful physique to barge through defences with the ball at his feet. He was never a very good target man and was never particularly good at winning flick ons (He got on the end of plenty, but who did the flicks go to? there is an art to being a good target man.)

There isn't a side in the country that wouldn't take a player like Dele. Powerful, pacey (Even at the age we signed him) and a decent finisher.

One signing you simply cannot fault from Johnson was Adebola.

This does my head in to be honest. Dele was a cracking player for us and his biggest problem was that we played too much hoofball. The guy was at his best when he used his powerful physique to barge through defences with the ball at his feet. He was never a very good target man and was never particularly good at winning flick ons (He got on the end of plenty, but who did the flicks go to? there is an art to being a good target man.)

There isn't a side in the country that wouldn't take a player like Dele. Powerful, pacey (Even at the age we signed him) and a decent finisher.

One signing you simply cannot fault from Johnson was Adebola.

Not these days unless they are playing in Div 1 or 2. Football has evolved in the Championship and especially the PL and big burly target men are a blast from the past. Adebola joined us when he was past his best but exactly the type of player that Johnson was familiar with. If all else fails we can lump it upto Dele or on occasions Jamie McCoombe. ' Clubs in the bag' as I recall. Tired, predictable and lacking innovation.

In his day Adebola was good player of his type but not good enough to play in the PL . He did ok for us but that was largely because City played to his strengths.

If Millen signed a stereotype of Dele I'd rapidly lose faith.

Archived