IGNORED

Toughness

TRL

So rob, you think 1 year is an acceptable time frame to notice this? In fact Millen has been here for a lot longer than that, so 1 year to notice this is going easy on him. If you think 1 year is acceptable then please let me know why? Or may be it is too tedious for you to answer?

I've explained many many times the reason's why I'm supportive of Millen. If you haven't seen those posts then hard luck.

I will say this. He did ok last season with limited resources and finished with just three and one points less than the previous two season's. I believe that he'll do the same again this season. Imo City will finish with around 60-65 points and then over the summer its clear out time in readiness for a proper re-build.

Its amazes me that after two season's of absolute crap under Johnson hardly no-one complained but now you and certain others are a dog with a bone in your critism of Millen.

And people call me a hypocrite.......facepalm.gif

I've explained many many times the reason's why I'm supportive of Millen. If you haven't seen those posts then hard luck.

I will say this. He did ok last season with limited resources and finished with just three and one points less than the previous two season's. I believe that he'll do the same again this season. Imo City will finish with around 60-65 points and then over the summer its clear out time in readiness for a proper re-build.

Its amazes me that after two season's of absolute crap under Johnson hardly no-one complained but now you and certain others are a dog with a bone in your critism of Millen.

Because we never finished below 10th and only lost 3 home games a season and there was a never say die spirit,

Now theres a never win feeling and we rarely score or win at home and are out played by league 2 outfits

There were plenty of moaners, you must remember your little gang from those dark days?

For me GJ had done enough to be given a little more time to try and turn things around. Nothing about Millen's reign gives me the reason for the board to let him do the same. One thing that I was supportive of Millen was his record in the transfer market, yet now he doesn't play Stead and Pitman (his two big signings) very much, or in Pitman's case on the wing. It's bizarre, it's almost as if he's lost faith in himself

Limited Resources?

250K Stead

800K Pitman

500k? Woolford

Plus loans 3 loans from premier league clubs which usually cost.

Still say he had limited resources last season?

You may have also noticed I have said we have played crap since Wilson's 2nd season in charge, but don't let that get in the way of what you think my views are. My only agenda against Millen is his media handling. I can't say I am happy with current performances, but please point out when I have ever said I wanted him out.

I will continue to point out millen's pr failures until he starts thinking before spouting.

Because we never finished below 10th and only lost 3 home games a season and there was a never say die spirit,

Now theres a never win feeling and we rarely score or win at home and are out played by league 2 outfits

You can make statistics say pretty much what you want and Millen managed 60 points last season and that meant a 15th place. The season before 60 points would have meant a 12th place and 13th the season before that. City got beaten 0-2 at home by Carlisle three season's ago.

I don't see what your points is.

You can make statistics say pretty much what you want and Millen managed 60 points last season and that meant a 15th place. The season before 60 points would have meant a 12th place and 13th the season before that. City got beaten 0-2 at home by Carlisle three season's ago.

I don't see what your points is.

I think the crux of it is that under Johnson we stood half a chance, now we don't

You may (and will do) disagree with this, but a lot of people don't

I think the crux of it is that under Johnson we stood half a chance, now we don't

You may (and will do) disagree with this, but a lot of people don't

Recent games have been tight. No-one is thumping us. City lost by one goal to Brighton in which many fans agree was a decent performance. City also lost by one goal at Leeds having missed a penalty. City have been close in these games and yet according to you we don't stand a chance.

Recent games have been tight. No-one is thumping us. City lost by one goal to Brighton in which many fans agree was a decent performance. City also lost by one goal at Leeds having missed a penalty. City have been close in these games and yet according to you we don't stand a chance.

Well he could be right, level with Leeds, Leeds down to 10, penalty....... And we still lose. We have lots of chances, we do not take them. So by that reckoning we don't stand a chance. We don't score at home, as long as that continues we do not stand a chance of winning, its impossible to win if you don't score.

So yes, we don't stand a chance until we learn to attack and put the ball in the net. Especially at home.

And according to plenty of others too

With GJ I would expect us to keep it tight and nick a goal, nowadays I don't think we'll keep a clean sheet - let alone nick one at the other end

So, no, I don't expect us to stand a chance against too many teams in this league right now

That has **** all to do with us under Johnson and just show up you personal vendetta against him after he made u look like a tit

Exactly Monkeh - after all the vitriol for the Millen haters Robbo has yet again shown his true colours

Impossible comparison to make. Although I would admit I'm surprised that NTFC are struggling as much as they are currently

Keef - well done for spotting that mate.

Next defincency in your manual to look at - NATURAL LEADERS ON AND OFF PiTCH

Christ, it took me one two pre-season games last year to spot our inadequacies (evidence posting at the time). The only one who had some talent in these areas Bradders buggered off.

Too late I fear for you to sort things now.

Back to the original post (phew) In losing 0-3 at home to Ipswich in our first game we conceded two (yes two) free kicks all game. Weird. We've been a soft touch for many years - if we'd have toughened up when we were top of the NPC with 5 games to go we might have had a season in the top flight.

K

Have you forgotten all your negative posts under our most successful manager in the last 20 odd years. don't slate others when you do it yourself

Not sticking up for anyone but GJ is now only 5 places away from the conference with Northampton. We had two lucky seasons with GJ and I never thought we actually controlled games.

Not sticking up for anyone but GJ is now only 5 places away from the conference with Northampton. We had two lucky seasons with GJ and I never thought we actually controlled games.

We played some quality football under johnson i clearly remember walking out the ground on numerous occasions saying it was arsenal esque and i would agree

I think the reason our loverly, kind, considerate, friendly and decent manager known as Keef is starting to get angry is cos he knows unlike GJ who had a decent managerial record and walked straight into another managerial job.......poor old Clueless Keef is going to end up as someone's number two at best as he really has no track record!

Don't get me wrong Keef is a lovely man, but i don't want to be mates with him.....i want us to start being an established mid table CC side again.....like we were before he took over.

Too many happy clappers like Robbored on here thinking it's not all that bad. It's worse than bad, it's the most boring negative football seen at the Gate since Pulis (pos worse). The fans have had enough, and i for one won't re-new my ST next year unless things start to change for the better!

We played some quality football under johnson i clearly remember walking out the ground on numerous occasions saying it was arsenal esque and i would agree

I think that quality football was skewed because of the euphoria surrounding our promotion. I clearly remember our promotion season and I thought we we average all season. The fact S****horpe won the league shows how poor that league was that season. I thought we were heading for the play offs again and for us that would have been a bad season. We had a good run in march. We won many games one nil. If Forest didn't bottle it as usual we would have been confined to the play offs. I was surprised but delighted we got promoted. We had seen dire at AG for years so seeing a successful through ball was bound to excite fans. Base games and season on the merits and nothing else then yes it was decent football but not like Arsenal and against weak opposition.

In our first season in the CCC the whole club had a buzz about it and I will admit I bloody loved it and got carried away with it.

Johnson knew how to talk and brainwash people. He wasn't called delboy by many for no reason. He could convince you we played like Arsenal even if we played more like Arsenal. He also managed to get vast amounts of money out of our chairman. Remember in the play off year our GD was +1. That says it all about our Arsenal like football.

Johnson was a very good motivator and I would say his methods were much like Brian Cloughs. It worked for a while and with limited ability players. However in this day and age Cloughs way will not work over a prolonged period of time.

It all went wrong for Johnson when expectation levels rose. Play Off final onwards. He did not have the abiity to handle the modern footballer. Basso, Trundle, Carle, Sno, McIndoe etc. Things like throwing cups of tea around the dressing room unfortunately do not work in the modern game and that was Johnson's style. Eventually at Plymouth he allegedly come on stuck with his methods.

I think the reason our loverly, kind, considerate, friendly and decent manager known as Keef is starting to get angry is cos he knows unlike GJ who had a decent managerial record and walked straight into another managerial job.......poor old Clueless Keef is going to end up as someone's number two at best as he really has no track record!

Don't get me wrong Keef is a lovely man, but i don't want to be mates with him.....i want us to start being an established mid table CC side again.....like we were before he took over.

Too many happy clappers like Robbored on here thinking it's not all that bad. It's worse than bad, it's the most boring negative football seen at the Gate since Pulis (pos worse). The fans have had enough, and i for one won't re-new my ST next year unless things start to change for the better!

Think back to our league one days, Would you after 9 years of away trips to chesterfield and the like taken a relegation battle in the championship? I would bet my house that 99.9% would have taken it. Nothing wrong with ambition but a touch of realism is also needed.

Yes, and i settle for two lucky wins under Millen at the moment.....:laughcont:

Funny that because it all started to go down hill for GJ when in our second CCC season his tactics was to get a goal and try and hold on for it. Sometimes even for 75 minutes. Many started to complain about his tactics and when the wins dried up we suffered heavy defeats. Good money was thrown after bad. Our creative players were shipped out or not played and had GJ not left I believe we would have gone down without a doubt.

We are still recovering from that dark period today. I'm not a GJ hater I will always appreciate where he got us, Feel the club should have replaced him sooner whilst our stock was high but hey ho. He shook this club up when we needed it. At the time it was easy to slate him or some easy to be loyal to him after what he did. Now that time has passed it's easy to look back on it and able to offer a balanced view. Some things he did well and some things he did bad. I would also suggest others were to blame. The board for giving him a open cheque and possibly even Keith. We will never know for sure what happened behind the scenes. Basso and Trundle have hinted and I feel with the return on Basso we may be about to hear some more. A book by say Hartley would be intriguing.

So after 1 season and 5 or 6 games Millen has noticed we are not tough or aggressive enough. So has decided to do something about it this week, not last season, not in pre season but a few games into his 2nd season! Now some coaches are pro active, others are reactive... But this beggars belief. Over a season if what is being reported is true, to notice we don't have a nasty side and he is working on it in training this week! Only a bit late Millen me old mucker!

Just wish he would keep his gob shut, the drivel that flows is getting worse and worse. Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot is there.

"The drivel that flows is getting worse and worse". I couldn't sum up this post better.

"The drivel that flows is getting worse and worse". I couldn't sum up this post better.

.....do you not think it is a ridiculous observation to make though?? how has he only just decided to acted on the fact were to nice?

I have this vision of someone like Skuse welling up if anyone shouts at him in the changing room....

Thats right.

I posted that at the time but the blind couldn't see.............facepalm.gif

He took the club from the relegation zone of League One to almost the Premier League..... and it was all luck???! :doh:

Its a shame that all the managers for the previous 9 years did'nt have any luck

He took the club from the relegation zone of League One to almost the Premier League..... and it was all luck???! :doh:

Its a shame that all the managers for the previous 9 years did'nt have any luck

It was his character rather than his management ability. A car sales man would have had the same successes.

Archived