IGNORED

Silence Of The Lambs

kevster3

The eerie silence from our board is incredible,we are in a dire situation,but no apologies,or rallying cries.They must know the feelings of the fans,and yet say nothing,what exactly are they doing.They said they wanted to promote brand "Bristol City",well we are certainly no Marks and Spencer,more like the Pound Shop,at best.

The eerie silence from our board is incredible,we are in a dire situation,but no apologies,or rallying cries.They must know the feelings of the fans,and yet say nothing,what exactly are they doing.They said they wanted to promote brand "Bristol City",well we are certainly no Marks and Spencer,more like the Pound Shop,at best.

What exactly do you want them to say ? Why are we in a dire situation ?

The whole Club is dire at the moment. The only thing you here from them is about shirt sales and ticket sales.

How can you support a club when you know **** all about it? Never felt more like a mushroom than now.

The whole Spence saga is a prime example. No mention of why he was dropped, injured?, the thinking as to why Skuse was put at RB...etc,etc.

There is very little worthy communication with the fans.

All they want is your money and for you to Support and put up and shut up.

Spudski is right. The board have gone deadly silent while the club sinks into the mire. The buck stops at the top and the silence is deafening. Having said that, I can't imagine Sexton giving the sort of passionate speech that we used to get from SL. But we need explanations about selections and contracts etc. Why keep us in the dark? The club would not be here without us.

To Bigtone59 you think we are in a good position then,wish I was that optimistic,I have. supported city for a long long time,through thick and thin,but have never felt do distant from the players or the club

I agree our league position is not great but a couple of wins and we will be looking good again. Its far to early in the season for all the doom and gloom thats going on. As for the board I'm sure they are working away in the background and will make any anouncements if needed. Do you really think Sexstone coming out and giving us a rallying cry is going to make any difference.

I too have followed the club for a fair while (49 years to be precise) and have seen us in a lot worse situations

All I want is for us to stay in the championship,it took us 8 long years,to get back after the last relegation,some entertainment would be good,but survival is the most important thing,and I just don't feel confident about either at the moment,but that's the joy of being a city fan I guess

What would they say??? If they did speak out it would, without a shadow of a doubt, be misconstrued on here as being at odds with the manager, or at odds with the fans etc.

If we have to hear from Sexstone then I wouldn't be surprised if it was after a thumping defeat tonight and another dire performance. Millen is on his last legs unless things change soon

All I want is for us to stay in the championship,it took us 8 long years,to get back after the last relegation,some entertainment would be good,but survival is the most important thing,and I just don't feel confident about either at the moment,but that's the joy of being a city fan I guess

Staying in the championship is the only priority and unlike you I'm confident Millen will ensure that we stay in this league. It won't be pretty but City will win enough games and finish around the 60-63 point mark just like the last three season's.

We have to be patient but unfortunately not all fans are able to be. We are less than 10 games into a new season and from the very first game the critics have had their knives out and stabbed Millen repeatedly. Its a shame because he will do a great job for City given the resources and the time.

Staying in the championship is the only priority and unlike you I'm confident Millen will ensure that we stay in this league. It won't be pretty but City will win enough games and finish around the 60-63 point mark just like the last three season's.

We have to be patient but unfortunately not all fans are able to be. We are less than 10 games into a new season and from the very first game the critics have had their knives out and stabbed Millen repeatedly. Its a shame because he will do a great job for City given the resources and the time.

Well said that man. Agree 100%

The whole Club is dire at the moment. The only thing you here from them is about shirt sales and ticket sales.

How can you support a club when you know **** all about it? Never felt more like a mushroom than now.

The whole Spence saga is a prime example. No mention of why he was dropped, injured?, the thinking as to why Skuse was put at RB...etc,etc.

I have to agree about the Spence thing. Unless I've missed an official statement , I've no idea why he didn't play on Saturday.

Lets face it, unless there is a massive influx of money in the future to buy quality players, regardless of AV, this Club will always be a mid table Championship side with the right manager. You get the odd team that goes up through the play offs like Blackpool and Swansea...but lets be honest how many stay up in the Prem?

What are we having to be patient for?

Surely most City fans realise that is most likely to be our status for many years to come? Flirting with the play offs and flirting/fighting a relegation battle?

We know we will lose, we know we will win some. There will be shock results all along the way.

What we do want...is Entertainement, and a quality of football that is not reminicent to Park Football. The tactics, hoof ball and technical ability of most of our squad is very average at best. Albert is the only one giving some form of desire, passion and quality...but that seems to be fading fast. We've had the likes of Jackie,Cole, Noble, Murray and Trundle in years gone by...they entertained. They may not have been the best players on the park, but they had imagination and flair...something that excited you. Right now, we have a bunch of robbots. That's what it feels like.

You can see the natural instincts of certain players is to do something, but they check and revert to 'Safe' options.

Where has the actual 'Football' gone? It is so boring to watch.

I really don't think all the disinterest is down to purely results.

Fans want to be Entertained...A bit of skill and flair, some passion shown, a crunching tackle, some fighting spirit...even running down a ball upfield...Where has it all gone?

After tonight that is 9 league games and a fifth of the season gone already. If we are to do what the board requires then we need a very dramatic turn form.

Why is everyone saying see where we are after 10 games, we gong back to the gj days and doing a season in blocks. For at the moment we are playing exactly the same kind of football that got gj removed but without the results.

Fans want to be Entertained...A bit of skill and flair, some passion shown, a crunching tackle, some fighting spirit...even running down a ball upfield...Where has it all gone?

Agreed, fans do want to be entertained and it was lack of it that I complained most about under Johnson.

The reason I'm less critical of Millen stems back to resources issue and I think Millen doesn't have the players that bring flair as Noble,Trundle and Murray did under Johnson (when allowed to ). What Keef is doing is getting the best he can out of largely limited players. Apart from Albert none of them are capable of setting AG alight very often and this season's he's frequently double teamed. Performances will therefore suffer.

I started another thread earlier today saying about playing at a higher tempo which as we saw on against Hull for 25 mins. Playing that way does lift the crowd and doesn't require that much extra in ability terms.Pitman's clever movement helps tremendously. Hopefully we'll see the same tonight.

I agree without the figurehead of SL the board seem a bit faceless and 'corporate'. Still, I don't expect them to give a run down on the reasons for a player being dropped, that's Keith's role and KM clarified that he was looking for a bit more experience in defence. He gets some justifiable criticism (playing Pitman left wing for one) but there is a limit to the things he can say. He could be publicly critical of Spence's performances and undermine his confidence but in this case he has got the tone about right.

One of a few things I haven't liked about the board is the way they portrayed the NM situation. It was spun as 'we will not sell to a Championship club' the more honest line was that NM did not want to go to a Championship Club but, if he did, the Club would have bitten Leicester's hand off for 6m given the contract situation. Fans are not that stupid and the whole line was disingenuous and patronising. Transparent honesty rather than spin works much better whether it be in politics, football or any walk of life.

The reason I'm less critical of Millen stems back to resources issue

Maybe you should be MORE critical, because Millen has spent alot more than Johnson did in his first 13 months. Nearly 2 million quid

Limited resources is a myth.

Fully expect you to ignore this post though

Spot on, Spudski!

I went to the Fans' consultative committee meeting, last week, and listened to a 15 minute monologue by the new Commercial Director, Kevin Smith , where he used terminology such as "brand" and "product". At the end of his spiel I managed to squeeze in a few comments about the team's performance being the most important way of "marketing" the club, and offered a few positive ideas about ways the fans could be made to feel more fully part of the club . I was cut short, and Kev beat a hasty retreat at the end of the meeting, offering no opportunities for fans to talk with him....

Symbolic of the general feeling that there is something fundamentally flawed at the club....

Apart from Albert none of them are capable of setting AG alight very often and this season's he's frequently double teamed. Performances will therefore suffer.

I suppose Keith Millen did have Paul Hartley and Bradley Orr as players capable of lifting the crowd when Millen took over from Johnson. They certainly haven't been replaced with equal calibre players. Then Basso and Caulker were crowd pleasers as well. I remember Ashton Gate being set alight on many occasion with a magical Basso save - OOOH BASSSO, OOOH BASSSO. The club has gone backwards with regard to the calibre of playing staff and that fact is reflected in our results so far this season.

Archived