IGNORED

He's Gone.

GrahamC

I'm glad that no one is celebrating this. I think it had to happen, but it's desperately sad to see a very decent man who wanted to do his best for the club lose his job, and I hope the players will be able to sleep with a clear conscience tonight. I hope Keith manages to find a post somewhere else and prospers. He deserves to.

Bump +1

I'm glad that no one is celebrating this. I think it had to happen, but it's desperately sad to see a very decent man who wanted to do his best for the club lose his job, and I hope the players will be able to sleep with a clear conscience tonight. I hope Keith manages to find a post somewhere else and prospers. He deserves to.

Well said, i wanted him gone but nothing personal i hope he gets another job. He isnt a slacker or hated person just not up to a championship job yet

On the suggestions of Robins, i asked a Barnsley season-ticket-holding mate for his opinion. In summary:

• Negative, boring football
  • Overly reliant on loan signings
  • Not a great track record in permanent transfers
  • Tendancy to blame indivdual players for teams short-comings

Basically, just what we don't need. He did say that he came in while they were in a position similar to ourselves and 20 months later had given Barnsley their highest league finish of their current spell in the 2nd tier, but we need to build for the future and it doesn't sound like thats Mark Robins

4pm

Not really sure why they're holding a press conference.

Decision has been made, it's public, the only reasons I can think of were if a new man has been appointed - which I very much doubt, or if they're giving Wigley until the end of the season - can't see that for a second.

Is it standard procedure to call a press conference hours after a public announcement, simply to explain their apparently obvious reasoning!?

Not really sure why they're holding a press conference.

Decision has been made, it's public, the only reasons I can think of were if a new man has been appointed - which I very much doubt, or if they're giving Wigley until the end of the season - can't see that for a second.

Is it standard procedure to call a press conference hours after a public announcement, simply to explain their apparently obvious reasoning!?

In a word - yes. Doubt they'll discuss who they want and name any names. You get the feeling that no one is a shoe-in

As someone who expressed my bewilderment and disappointment at Keith Millen's appointment from day 1 I'm very relieved he has gone.

In my opinion it was an awful decision to appoint him and today's sorry outcome was entirely predictable.

However I take no pleasure whatsoever at today's events, KM has been a good club man who unfortunately was eventually promoted beyond his capabilities.

All connected with the club have suffered for this mistake - fans, board, and Keith Millen himself, the outcome being a very unhappy and unsettled club in a perilous league position and legions of disillusioned fans.

Now the powers that be have an opportunity to make amends for a torturous period of their own making and unite the fans behind an experienced, proven manager who, hopefully, can inspire the players AND the fans, as well as stabilising BCFC at this level.

I don't expect promotion or even the play offs, just a competitive Bristol City team, giving 100% for the shirt and the fans, who will make supporting BCFC enjoyable again.

Relief at KM's departure now turns to trepidation as we wait to see who the board chooses to take over, and whether they can get the ideal man in to reinvigorate the club.

It's hard to remember a more crucial decision. The board really have to get this one right.

As someone who expressed my bewilderment and disappointment at Keith Millen's appointment from day 1 I'm very relieved he has gone.

In my opinion it was an awful decision to appoint him and today's sorry outcome was entirely predictable.

However I take no pleasure whatsoever at today's events, KM has been a good club man who unfortunately was eventually promoted beyond his capabilities.

All connected with the club have suffered for this mistake - fans, board, and Keith Millen himself, the outcome being a very unhappy and unsettled club in a perilous league position and legions of disillusioned fans.

Now the powers that be have an opportunity to make amends for a torturous period of their own making and unite the fans behind an experienced, proven manager who, hopefully, can inspire the players AND the fans, as well as stabilising BCFC at this level.

I don't expect promotion or even the play offs, just a competitive Bristol City team, giving 100% for the shirt and the fans, who will make supporting BCFC enjoyable again.

Relief at KM's departure now turns to trepidation as we wait to see who the board chooses to take over, and whether they can get the ideal man in to reinvigorate the club.

It's hard to remember a more crucial decision. The board really have to get this one right.

Not sure whether I'm getting older or you're talking more sense, maybe both!

Who would you appoint Nogbad?

Very well put.

On the succession I voted for Dave Jones in the poll on here - but without meeting these guys it's so hard to know who would really want the job and what their philosophy would be if they got it. I for one hope that Lansdown is still interested in the vision of establishing ourselves and then pushing on in a new ground that he was selling when he appointed Coppell. For me that speaks of a manager of experience with enough personality to build the profile of the club on and off the pitch.

Not sure whether I'm getting older or you're talking more sense, maybe both!

Who would you appoint Nogbad?

I don't know the names of everyone who might be interested SJC - there will almost certainly be surprise candidates who we wouldn't be able to immediately name.

Of the names being commonly assumed to be interested/available I'd go for Dave Jones.

You can always find something to criticise any individual with a long career in management - nobody has a perfect record - but he strikes me as a proven, experienced manager at this level who would suit Bristol City well.

Archived