IGNORED

The Odds Thread

The Humble Realist

Looking at that list the one that jumps out at me is still O'Driscoll.

I wonder how burned Lansdown will be from the Coppell situation, plenty of 'names' on there which he might be inclined to avoid - and I include Jones in that.

Although I'm aware it will be met with a mixed response, I'm still very much for O'Driscoll, and I wonder whether he might be just about the right profile level not to scare Lansdown off.

Might be me being stupid, but who is Karl Robinson?

31yr old came up through the ranks coaching liverpool youth and then i went to Blackburn and learnt under Allardyce or Ince (or both) then he went to MK Dons and did similar things there then Pete Winkleman (Dons chairmen) could see his talent and gave him the Managers job.

He plays good football on the floor. The swansea of League 1.

Get him here now!

31yr old came up through the ranks coaching liverpool youth and then i thin went to lackburn and learnt under Allardyce or Ince (or both) then he went to MK Dons and did similar things there then Pete Winkleman (Dons chairmen) coul see his talent and gave him the Managers job.

Get him here now!

I'd probably take a punt on him and apparently Terry Mcdermott is his coach.

31yr old came up through the ranks coaching liverpool youth and then i went to Blackburn and learnt under Allardyce or Ince (or both) then he went to MK Dons and did similar things there then Pete Winkleman (Dons chairmen) could see his talent and gave him the Managers job.

Get him here now!

No thanks we have just had a year of allowing a unproven manager at this level do his apprenticeship at our expence??

Why the obssession with Dave Jones with some. Had near enough the best squad in the Championship for a couple of seasons and failed to do anything.

I wouldn't call it an obsession. But the majority of us want someone already proven with plenty of experience at this level, who plays attacking football. One other personal want of mine is someone who comes across well in the media (i.e. can string two words together).

We've always had a country bumpkin reputation and let's face it, neither GJ nor KM came across well when talking to the media which doesn't help.

So for me:

- Proven manager at Championship level

- Known for encouraging attacking football

- Intelligent

That knocks most of the list off and leaves Jones as the prime candidate in my opinion. Let's not forget the fact that it'll probably aggravate Cardiff fans and lead to some fiesty derbies!

Everyone here moaning that Cardiff have bottled playoffs etc. We're currently nowhere near being able to think about REACHING the playoffs, let alone bottling them! A lot of the blame also has to lie with the players.

The bottom line is that under Jones, Cardiff ALWAYS looked a threat. We've been hit and miss for 3 seasons now, with the emphasis on the latter.

One other manager who I think would be great is Lee Clark. However I don't think it's the time to be appointing someone with no experience of managing at Championship level.

PLEASE tell me its not McLaren

Would not surprise me!

Ex player

Very experienced

Good contacts for loanees

He resigned yesterday

We sack today

Do the math....Not a difficult sum to add up

But then again.........he left Florist citing lack of ambition!..................god knows what he would think of us then?

Maybe..... if we spoke to him right away Sat night or early Sunday ....he sees that as showing ambition? I dont know

I wouldn't call it an obsession. But the majority of us want someone already proven with plenty of experience at this level, who plays attacking football. One other personal want of mine is someone who comes across well in the media (i.e. can string two words together).

We've always had a country bumpkin reputation and let's face it, neither GJ nor KM came across well when talking to the media which doesn't help.

So for me:

- Intelligent

That knocks most of the list off and leaves Jones as the prime candidate in my opinion. Let's not forget the fact that it'll probably aggravate Cardiff fans and lead to some fiesty derbies!

Everyone here moaning that Cardiff have bottled playoffs etc. We're currently nowhere near being able to think about REACHING the playoffs, let alone bottling them! A lot of the blame also has to lie with the players.

The bottom line is that under Jones, Cardiff ALWAYS looked a threat. We've been hit and miss for 3 seasons now, with the emphasis on the latter.

One other manager who I think would be great is Lee Clark. However I don't think it's the time to be appointing someone with no experience of managing at Championship level.

Spot on, imo not the right time for another apprentice at this level, we are in the sh*t and need someone that is proven at this level....imo

Would not surprise me!

Ex player

Very experienced

Good contacts for loanees

He resigned yesterday

We sack today

Do the math....Not a difficult sum to add up

But then again.........he left Florist citing lack of ambition!..................god knows what he would think of us then?

Maybe..... if we spoke to him right away Sat night or early Sunday ....he sees that as showing ambition? I dont know

He left them because he is useless.

Any problems with the board is an excuse. He knew what he was getting into after Billy Davies had problems with their board.

Dave Jones now 4/5.

Clearly plenty of money going on him, but is it from people who know something?

It wont take much money to shift these speciality next manager markets, especially as its not a high profile club

I wouldnt read too much into it just probably a few fans thinking 5/2 looks juicy and dropping a number of £50 bets down or so.

So for me:

- Intelligent

Agree with this. Someone who will raise the clubs reputation would be nice!

I had a few quid on Millen to go on Skybet this morning at 2-5...exactly 48 minutes before getting the text. Also had a dutch with him and McClaren before McClaren went.

Remember, the odds compilers will have picked a couple of realistic choices and then gone back over the last year to see who's been sacked from clubs half way down the Championship to half way up League 1 and just thrown that list together. We're not as high profile as Forest (and that's a whole other issue) and I would imagine most of the money for that market will be coming from either Wise Guys or City fans with a particular favourite.

Interesting that Steve Cotterell and Kenny Jackett are thought to be next to go. There's been a lot of grumbling at Pompey recently and - like Forest - Millwall have regressed badly compared to last season.

FWIW Jones would be my pick. Has Prem experience and 'almost got Cardiff up' is better than 'nearly got CIty relegated' in my book. We'll see.

Looking forward to Peterborough now whoever's in charge :dancing2:

Archived