Paul Sturrock 20/1

Brian Laws 20/1

David O'Leary 20/1

Paul Trollope 20/1

Gary Johnson 25/1

Phil Brown 25/1

Iain Dowie 33/1

Mark Hughes 40/1

Someone may have already asked this, but unless I'm being blind I don't see Billy Davies in the betting anywhere......does anyone know why? Bookies rarely get it wrong, so is he being lined up for a quick return to Forest?

Seems a little odd to me, anyone else?

Billy Davies announced this morning that he's available if Forest want him untill the end of the season, he's currently 3/1 for the forest job behind that MK Dons fella.

Cheers mate, I guess if he won't commit past next May then he's a no go. Shame

Don't care who is in any more as long as it someone who know's there stuff can keep the players on board (cause lets face millen couldn't really do that could he)and has very good proven record in the Championship and can work in a tight budget cause lets face it who ever it is is gonna have to work to a very tight budget no matter what. and some one who can play attractive football. and get the players playing for the club and not the money......

Mcinnes would be an exceptional choice; has been immense at St Johnstone, even if it's the spl, plus he has championship experience at west brom

Pete - pretty sure you've championed his cause on here before?

What style of football does he play? He has certainly been linked with a number of jobs south of the border, pretty certain he turned down Brentford in the summer?

St Johnstone play decent football if that's possible in Scotland, they try And pass the ball about a bit and has played 2 up top all season even away at the old firm. What is most impressive is he seems to get the most out of players that on paper are average or have been consideredpast it at other clubs. He has had no money at all, and yes whilst the league is no great, his achievements and style of play far outweighs the performance of his Pre decessor Owen coyle who whilst struggling at present is no doubt considered to have succeeded down here!

St Johnstone play decent football if that's possible in Scotland, they try And pass the ball about a bit and has played 2 up top all season even away at the old firm. What is most impressive is he seems to get the most out of players that on paper are average or have been consideredpast it at other clubs. He has had no money at all, and yes whilst the league is no great, his achievements and style of play far outweighs the performance of his Pre decessor Owen coyle who whilst struggling at present is no doubt considered to have succeeded down here!

Interesting, I would like to see someone like him given a go.. not quite sure why as it would still be a massive risk! But then again any choice is a risk.

What does anyone else think of Roy Keane being in there......? :aok2:

Depends which version of him turns up I guess but he's got previous (good and bad) and is highly connected.

Many people are talking about a "nasty" character (ala Davies) to come in and shake things up.

Roy K*nt, I fear, would take this to the extreme, we could then find ourselves in complete freefall (worse than right now).

Many people are talking about a "nasty" character (ala Davies) to come in and shake things up.

Roy K*nt, I fear, would take this to the extreme, we could then find ourselves in complete freefall (worse than right now).

Couldn't agree more with that, you can only get away with being a "nasty" manager if your also a good manager. He would lose all the respect from the players in minutes.

Just thinking aloud with regards to Donald's comments about a name that hasn't been mentioned yet:

George Burley

Similar record to Jones & Davies, promotions from this level but no great shakes in the Premier League. Tried his hand at a few clubs, but currently available. Had a couple of years out the game and could be ready for a return.

Not sure I'd want him either, but he fits Donald's clues.

I thiknthe fact that CS indicated they do not want a manager who wants to change all the backroom team points to one candidate in particular, who has a working relationship with our current No2 and does not come with the baggage of previous club management, but has experience of managing and playing at a high level.

Stuart Pearce.

Not my choice but reading between the lines he fits.

He does have a good taste in music though.

Couldn't agree more with that, you can only get away with being a "nasty" manager if your also a good manager. He would lose all the respect from the players in minutes.

I do agree. In an interview with 5 live in the summer he said he learned from his previous managerial positions that he can't be Mr nasty man all the time. Whether that is true, only time will tell. I would love it if he came here. Just what this club needs. It would help if he learned a thing or two from men who managed him, notably Alex Ferguson and Brian clough. But life just ain't that fair.

Just thinking aloud with regards to Donald's comments about a name that hasn't been mentioned yet:

George Burley

Similar record to Jones & Davies, promotions from this level but no great shakes in the Premier League. Tried his hand at a few clubs, but currently available. Had a couple of years out the game and could be ready for a return.

Not sure I'd want him either, but he fits Donald's clues.

right sort of criteria, wrong name... sorry, nervous to mention the name as not been mentioned at all yet and would hate to get a source in trouble - but, as I've said, don't really believe it anyway - Jones for me.

Archived