IGNORED

The Odds Thread

The Humble Realist

PLEASE tell me its not McLaren

Nah, not a name I've seen mentioned anywhere, apart from someone who told me he was coming out of the club as a possibility at the end of last week, which is odd as he's out of work and, though I'm no expert, from memory not a dissimilar record to Jones/Davies.

I think Jones would still be my choice though, and a deserved favorite.

Mark Robins now 4/1......

Dave Jones 4/5

Mark Robins 4/1

Sean O'Driscoll 8/1

Brian Laws 9/1

Karl Robinson 10/1

Roy Keane 12/1

Derek McInnes 14/1

Paul Ince 14/1

Paul Sturrock 14/1

Alan Curbishley 14/1

David O'Leary 16/1

Lee Clark 16/1

Paul Trollope 16/1

Phil Brown 16/1

Iain Dowie 20/1

Gary Johnson 25/1

Mark Hughes 25/1

Mark Robins now 4/1......

Dave Jones 4/5

Mark Robins 4/1

Sean O'Driscoll 8/1

Brian Laws 9/1

Karl Robinson 10/1

Roy Keane 12/1

Derek McInnes 14/1

Paul Ince 14/1

Paul Sturrock 14/1

Alan Curbishley 14/1

David O'Leary 16/1

Lee Clark 16/1

Paul Trollope 16/1

Phil Brown 16/1

Iain Dowie 20/1

Gary Johnson 25/1

Mark Hughes 25/1

None of those fill me with excitement, ALL either failed wasters or unproven at this level.

We need a nasty man but not Davies, he is just a ****.

BCAGFC

If anyone interested...Stuart Pearce was put in that list at 20/1, has since dropped to 12/1 and is now 8/1 joint 3rd Fav :shocking:

Out of all the names mentioned, this is the appointment that I would love.

It's not going to happen though.

I will be very surprised if it's not Jones.

To be honest, we could do a lot worse.

I think that Pearce would be a more likely candidate for a return to Forest.

Why on earth does anyone want Lee ******* Clarke? Bloke has spent Millions and produced nothing... Danny Wilson mark II

This. Add SOD and this MK bloke no one's heard of. Robins too. Pretty rank list really. If it has to be one of them, then please let it be Jones

I had a few quid on Millen to go on Skybet this morning at 2-5...exactly 48 minutes before getting the text. Also had a dutch with him and McClaren before McClaren went.

Remember, the odds compilers will have picked a couple of realistic choices and then gone back over the last year to see who's been sacked from clubs half way down the Championship to half way up League 1 and just thrown that list together. We're not as high profile as Forest (and that's a whole other issue) and I would imagine most of the money for that market will be coming from either Wise Guys or City fans with a particular favourite.

Interesting that Steve Cotterell and Kenny Jackett are thought to be next to go. There's been a lot of grumbling at Pompey recently and - like Forest - Millwall have regressed badly compared to last season.

FWIW Jones would be my pick. Has Prem experience and 'almost got Cardiff up' is better than 'nearly got CIty relegated' in my book. We'll see.

Looking forward to Peterborough now whoever's in charge :dancing2:

Even when Wigley gets given the job!!!

• Admin

Was discussing this with a mate the other night, Billy Davies is like an upgraded version of Gary Johnson & whilst we remain at Ashton Gate (with the associated budget levels determining the quality of player we can realistically sign) is probably the type of manager we should go for. Basically someone with a nasty streak that should get our shirkers playing for the shirt. Once we move to Ashton Vale is the time to consider the managers who aim to play prettier football.

Why on earth does anyone want Lee ******* Clarke? Bloke has spent Millions and produced nothing... Danny Wilson mark II

Don't understand your thinking on that one at all. He's lost only 36 games in his 157 as manager of Huddersfield. Only lost 2 games in his first season in charge and then took them to a playoff final the season after, and again looking like solid bets for promotion/playoffs this season, whilst playing attacking football to boot.

BUT I don't feel this is the time to be gambling on a manager unproven above League One. We need an experienced head to sort the soft touch ethos out.

Pearce said last week he wouldn't manage England, lack of experience.

I was thinking more that he might not be involved in England, when Copello goes Mourinho might want to bring in his own u21 boss!

Pearce knows Wrigley and could easily slot in, we wouldn't have to find a new assistant and Pearce must know David James, easy this finding a new manager stuff innit!

After the Coppell Fiasco I think anyone is a gamble. I dont know about everyone else but im nervous rather than excited how little did we realise at the time how much Coppells appointment would set this club back. I think after that and the goings on at Notts Forest this week the board will pay a lot more attention to loyalty and staying power.

IMO - the two biggest signings in this clubs recent history (Steve "the bottler" Coppell & David "Calamity" James) have been the worst!!

Stuart Pearce - will go to Forest if anywhere I would have thought

Heard a whisper that KM walked after the board asked him to revert to coaching and work under a director of football. At first I thought "yeah, right", but the more I think about it the more plausible it becomes, given 12 years of service and the somewhat insular attitude of the board.

Was discussing this with a mate the other night, Billy Davies is like an upgraded version of Gary Johnson & whilst we remain at Ashton Gate (with the associated budget levels determining the quality of player we can realistically sign) is probably the type of manager we should go for. Basically someone with a nasty streak that should get our shirkers playing for the shirt. Once we move to Ashton Vale is the time to consider the managers who aim to play prettier football.

Agreed. Also after Millen I think many fans want to see some passion on the touchline. Davies is a winner and with him at the helm I think we'd do well. He could keep us up and then build a team in the summer with some strong characters

Agreed. Also after Millen I think many fans want to see some passion on the touchline. Davies is a winner and with him at the helm I think we'd do well. He could keep us up and then build a team in the summer with some strong characters

All these points are why Davies should already be having an interview at the Gate

Exactly the kind of guy we need right now. No 'old mates' act, get in there, get in their faces and remind them that a lot of contracts are up next summer and a lot of them face pay cuts if they don't start performing, let alone earning what they already do

Don't see a lot about the bloke that I like, but I really don't care about that - I just want a winner in charge at my club

Archived