IGNORED

Ian Holloway

Sampson City Reds

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cant bring myself to vote BUT....

What a kick in the balls that'd be to Gasheads if their hero came to us!! .... specially after their own ongoing managerial problems in recent years ..knowing they couldnt afford to attract I H back (even if there was suddenly a World shortage of tarmac & clothes pegs!)

Gasheads would be putting their Gasheads into gas oven all over town.. :)

Ahh bollocks why not?... not least for the above reasons plus the fact he's a bloody good manager - all (well, almost all) is forgiven so .......

I'm voting yes!!! - Ian Holloway ... Come On Down !!

'No Way' it would drive a hugh wedge through the centre of the club the 'For's and the Against's

He could propably do a resonable job for us but so could a lot of people without G*s connections and they wouldn't upset upset 1000's of City fans in the process.

Just remember how unpleasant it was when Pulis and Parsons were here, they were never accepted because of their days in blue well you could multiply by 1000 if Hollowhead came here

'No Way' it would drive a hugh wedge through the centre of the club the 'For's and the Against's

He could propably do a resonable job for us but so could a lot of people without G*s connections and they wouldn't upset upset 1000's of City fans in the process.

Just remember how unpleasant it was when Pulis and Parsons were here, they were never accepted because of their days in blue well you could multiply by 1000 if Hollowhead came here

To be fair, they were never accepted because the first signing they made was Peter Beadle who, whilst did well for us, was an indication of how they were looking to have us playing. The dirge served up by those two was shockingly bad. They'd have been accepted if they weren't playing a shite style of football (this is sounding all too familiar!)

For those of you who were too young, or have forgotten, may I remind you of this:

He's gas through and through, always has been always will be. If anybody thinks he would have the best intention of the club to heart

you are very much mistaken.

That was over 20 years ago!! Let it go man...

I'm sure he's changed and mellowed since then.

He wouldnt be on my wish list but rather him than cotterill of robins.

If you could guarantee me promotion to Prem and survive there, along with the Gash going into the Blue Square of death I could live with it

If he took us down we'd never hear the end of it, ever - I couldn't live with that

I remember him and his mullet from the 80's and early 90's and the thought of it still makes me sick. I hated that R*vers team more than any other in history, and he was at the heart of it. Do I hate the Gash as much now, probably not, I've mellowed as I get closer to the big 40. Does H*lloway still have the same strong anti City feelings, probably not - he's mellowed too. Could I ever sing 'Ian H*lloways red and white army', don't think I could. Could I ever applaud him onto the pitch, or off after a win - I'm not even sure I could do that. I would just be too suspicious of him, as I guess a lot of others would be too. This isn't Blackpool, Plymouth, QPR, Leicester who he grew up with no particular feelings about (that I'm aware of), this is Bristol City - the team he grew up hating, for me that says a lot

I laughed when he got appointed at Blackpool and predicted he'd take them down, he's done a brilliant job there, but he help to relegate the Gash (kudos for that) and played a big part in Leicester going down. Let's not pretend that he has a fantastic record at this level, beacuse he hasn't. I actually think the bloke would love the role, no source, just a feeling - but that would be more about his ego

For me it has to be a 'no'. Every club needs a villan, it just so happens that Ian H*lloway is ours

And if he did get appointed I'd have to go scrub some real nasty crap of the bathroom wall in the Rotunda Club (?) in Kingswood that I scribbled on there a few years ago about him........:innocent06:

Though John Ward WAS accepted by city fans....

Pretty sure that Ward had a spell at Burnley as assistant manager (someone will know for sure), and during this time he joined in with a 'if you all hate Bristol R*vers clap your hands' chant as he walked off the pitch - I think that helped!

Pretty sure that Ward had a spell at Burnley as assistant manager (someone will know for sure), and during this time he joined in with a 'if you all hate Bristol R*vers clap your hands' chant as he walked off the pitch - I think that helped!

Plus he was'nt born a blue. and supported them all his life.

If we're going down the clown route, we may as well go the whole hog and check out Colin's availability at QPR.

Both are very similar in style ie, they create a siege mentality by conning the players and fans into thinking the world is against them so when things are going wrong, it's everyone else's fault except theirs. It works for a while, but then gets very boring and predictable.

If hollowhead came here, he'd divide the club right from the start and if things started going badly, things would get far worse, as I doubt many City fans would cut him that much slack.

Once a sag, always a sag as far as I'm concerned, so a definite no from me. disapointed2se.gif

If we're going down the clown route, we may as well go the whole hog and check out Colin's availability at QPR.

Both are very similar in style ie, they create a siege mentality by conning the players and fans into thinking the world is against them so when things are going wrong, it's everyone else's fault except theirs. It works for a while, but then gets very boring and predictable.

If hollowhead came here, he'd divide the club right from the start and if things started going badly, things would get far worse, as I doubt many City fans would cut him that much slack.

Once a sag, always a sag as far as I'm concerned, so a definite no from me. disapointed2se.gif

I would love Warnock to be our manager. Born winner.

If you could guarantee me promotion to Prem and survive there, along with the Gash going into the Blue Square of death I could live with it

If he took us down we'd never hear the end of it, ever - I couldn't live with that

I remember him and his mullet from the 80's and early 90's and the thought of it still makes me sick. I hated that R*vers team more than any other in history, and he was at the heart of it. Do I hate the Gash as much now, probably not, I've mellowed as I get closer to the big 40. Does H*lloway still have the same strong anti City feelings, probably not - he's mellowed too. Could I ever sing 'Ian H*lloways red and white army', don't think I could. Could I ever applaud him onto the pitch, or off after a win - I'm not even sure I could do that. I would just be too suspicious of him, as I guess a lot of others would be too. This isn't Blackpool, Plymouth, QPR, Leicester who he grew up with no particular feelings about (that I'm aware of), this is Bristol City - the team he grew up hating, for me that says a lot

I laughed when he got appointed at Blackpool and predicted he'd take them down, he's done a brilliant job there, but he help to relegate the Gash (kudos for that) and played a big part in Leicester going down. Let's not pretend that he has a fantastic record at this level, beacuse he hasn't. I actually think the bloke would love the role, no source, just a feeling - but that would be more about his ego

For me it has to be a 'no'. Every club needs a villan, it just so happens that Ian H*lloway is ours

That sums it up perfectly.

I would love Warnock to be our manager. Born winner.

TBH I'd take colin over hollowhead any day, though I'd prefer neither of them at this club. Call Warnock a character or whatever, but I'm sure he just fires up whatever side his team are up against, so makes his job far more difficult in the process. Think he won us the Play-off semis against Palace, because he certainly got our players and fans fired up.

Is he still 60 by the way??

Any new manager of Bristol City would have my backing until he proved himself not to be worthy of it, even Pulis did to start with!

Having this **** in charge though would really be pushing my loyalty to the limit!!

He is nothing like the John Ward situation, having gone out of his way to make himself the enemy of EVERY Bristol City fan during his playing days with the gas.

I had a speck of respect for him when he spoke out against the rovers scum that chanted during Des Williams minutes silence at AG all those years ago, but other than that he has done everything he can to incite any ill feeling that comes is way from the Red side of Bristol.

Archived