IGNORED

Ian Holloway

Sampson City Reds

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well let's be honest, this thread is irrevalant because he would never manage Bristol City. A banjo island gashead at the helm at Ashton Gate? Never in a million years. Look at the shit Millen took and he's a City man; what sort of shit would Holloway get if he wasn't winning week in week out?

And to those who voted in favour of Ian Holloway managing Bristol City: unbelivable.

I'm not surprised by the poll at all. Wasn't his team that just put 5 past 11 clueless men wearing Bristol City shirts?

If we're not going to win silverware every year (we've successfully dodged that sort of thing) then above all else I want to be entertained. The last few years have been utter crap. We need someone to get the ground going again, give us something to talk about on the drive home, my car has been a kingdom of silence since I don't know when.

I'm pretty sure we've all said and done some stupid things when we were younger and caught up in the moment. I was there when he said it and I've got over it, 21 years ago! You get let out earlier than that for murder.

Whenever I saw Holloway play in the derby matches he was often my man of the match, always 100% no less, one of the main reasons they made us look like clowns for most of the late 80's. Look what he's done at Blackpool, goals, goals, goals. Who wouldn't want some of that?

Thanks for that?

You are exactly the sort of moron the mods on this forum should be jumping all over .

When you wrote that did you think it made you look hard? Newflash mate- it makes you look like a chavy street rat acting up on a forum. Nothing more.

Well said.

Can you imagine the years and years of abuse and fun poking we would get from the inbreds down glos rd if he took charge and took us down?

It would be unbearable and embarrasing. I can picture the glee on thier unwashed pikey faces.

The number of pikey new borns called ian would hit the roof and he will turn into their biggest legend for the next 1000 years.

They will raise a statue in his memory in 100 yrs time to mark the anniversary of when he fcuked us up.

This risk of a 1000 yr humiliation far out weighs the possibility of

Thanks for that?

You are exactly the sort of moron the mods on this forum should be jumping all over .

When you wrote that did you think it made you look hard? Newflash mate- it makes you look like a chavy street rat acting up on a forum. Nothing more.

I was thinking double hard keyboard warrior. Makes you worried just to switch your pc on!

NO!

one of the main songs i can remember singing as a kid in the eastend was:

Everywhere we go

(Everywhere we go)

People wanna know

(People wanna know)

Who we are

(Who we are)

Where we come from

(Where we come from)

So we tell them

(So we tell them)

We are Bristol

(We are Bristol)

Bristol City

(Bristol City)

We are the boys in red n white

(We are the boys in red n white)

We love to drink & we love to fight

(We love to drink & we love to fight)

We hate the Rovers

(We hate the Rovers)

Holloway's a W*nker

(Holloway's a W*nker)

Oooooooh City we love you

We love you City we do

We love you City we do

We love you City we do

Oooooooh City we love you

as a city fan i feel its my duty to dislike him with a passion. cant believe so many on here would back him.

he is a gas fan. what would u do if u were in charge of them? i know id do my utmost to send them down and out of business!

I am 48,have watched city from aged 5/6,have held a ST for 13 consecutive seasons with my sons,have followed city all over the country to some god forsaken places,travelling back in the night having to be up the next day for work,business.

Look at my profile been on this site since it started,and the previous site before.

So certainly no gas head,red till I die.

My preference is Billy Davies,followed by Dave Jones.after that have to say Ian holloway would be a good third.

I am 49, saw my first match when i was about 6. been a season ticket holder for god knows how long, been around the country with my son, still am, west ham on the horizon, also been to some nice places too, but leeds was a sh*thole!

yeah your profile is pretty good, mine is shit! :laughcont: wasnt saying your a gashead though!

my preference would be Curbishley or joins, a better 3rd than holloway would be my son, he got city promoted on football manager 2011! :laughcont:

CITY TILL I DIE!

Be aware of agent Holloway !!! :gasmask:

Exactly!

If he does badly for us, those inbreds will nickname him 'Agent holloway'

If he does well, those inbreds will claim that we need a Gashead at the helm to deliver success.

Too much history between us and him, even if he has mellowed and even if he only has the good of football in Bristol at heart its a no from me.

Than man is a gibbering idiot, he gets treated like he is some sort of comedian when he gets wheeled out on the TV, in reality it's embarrassing.

I'll have to find myself something else to do if they ever appointed that Gas Scum as manager.

If its rivalry that turns you on in football terms nowadays JT - sorry but you would've LOVED the Seventies - easily 90% more, pure rivalry, passion & banter back then mate.

Anyone under 45 really hasnt lived when it comes to the fun of real rivalry - its a bygone era, it was a golden era for football in this country (not talking about the ott violence that often went with it)..

Its a very much watered down & sanitised atmosphere that we live in now.

Football was cheap as chips virtually everyone went & the only millionaires in sight were a few fatcat chairmen. Whether at school, work, down the pub or in many cases around the family dinner table Saturday nights/Sundays & Monday mornings (yep ,we even looked forward to Mondays thanks to football rivalry back then!) football first, then, beer, fags ,music & birds was what kept us going...

It was a joy, almost a religion for many ordinary working class kids & men - it amazes me sometimes how football has changed (mostly not for the better) & yet it still manages to attract & hook so many youngsters today... I wish I was twenty/thirty years younger but on the other hand I wouldnt have wanted to miss out on what we had (& all shared) back then.

(Holloways OTT nonsense in the above video clip was influenced by the times he grew up in as much as anything -thats why you wouldnt see that type of thing going on today, cos non of 'em playing nowadays lived through anything like it.. sponsrship?..endorsements?, image rights? extraordinary money for ordinary players -unheard of back then, with the possible exception of Georgie Best (& even his lifestyle was modest -apart from the parties, booze & birds.- by comparison)... )

Enjoy it for what it is JT - but most of it is manufactured hype today, rather than the real thing of the past.

Couldn't disagree with a word of that WH, I've grown up watching video's of the 70's and listening to my Dad tell me stories of the old open-end and B-block.

Obviously I don't have an understanding of certain aspects of the times and still resent the fact that it still has repercussions on my enjoyment of football(especially away matches)

I've got to make the best of football that I can, If people my age become disenchanted then the game dies... it's still the best sport in the world no matter how much changes surely?

Depressing thought though.

I've said enough on previous Holloway threads so will keep this short.

I'm truly sickened by this vote, and I don't trust it - why is it anonymous when other polls are not? Can we have another one please??

Any announcement that that City hating gas w****** was to manage Bristol City would signal an immediate end to my 41 years of unbroken support.

I'm sure I'm far from alone as well - It would be a suicidal move from the club which would empty the stands overnight and kill the club stone dead.

I'm truly sickened by this vote, and I don't trust it - why is it anonymous when other polls are not? Can we have another one please??

Any announcement that that City hating gas w****** was to manage Bristol City would signal an immediate end to my 41 years of unbroken support.

I'm sure I'm far from alone as well - It would be a suicidal move from the club which would empty the stands overnight and kill the club stone dead.

Get a grip mate, all the city lads at work reckon he should get the job too, he was passionate for rovers and would be passionate for city, the club needs a good kick up the arse!!!!!

Even if he wasn't a through and through g*s #### his record as a manager still shows he has got 3 teams relegated, only 2 promoted and let's not forget stitched Plymouth right up making promises that he'd stay and then buggered off to Leicester (who he took down), and as I said before the capitulation of the g*s from clear at the top to not even in the play offs in something like 10 games!! It was a fluke that he got Blackpool up, but the were relegated straight away, some might say it was unlucky but the fact remains they still went down!

And come on, all this stuff about 'oh he's really funny on the telly', piss off, they wheel him out to laugh at him and for probably for the rest of the country to snigger at the country bumpkin, he's an embarrassment to Bristol when he's on national tv, it's cringing!

I really and truly cannot believe people would actually welcome him here, it's beginning to wind me up now, as someone has mentioned he has calmed down in front of the cameras but any money he would quite openly state his hatred for us if any of us were to meet him in the street.

Noggers respect your opinion but times move on,I sure if he has the job you would back him,he would sort this bunch of over paid primma donnas out.

In sure the majority would back him,never gonna please all of the people all of the time.

Get a grip mate, all the city lads at work reckon he should get the job too, he was passionate for rovers and would be passionate for city, the club needs a good kick up the arse!!!!!

It's you that should get a grip. Any self-respecting City fan should be ashamed by the results of this poll. F ** k me what's the point in even following football if this is how little rivalry's matter to some. Have some pride in the badge.

50% of our fan base needs a good kick in the face

why would anyone in their right mind want a gas legend being our manager :disapointed2se:

whoever wants in here is not a true city fan, if you love him so much **** off to the mem

Because the Lord Jesus says we must forgive my son. You must find the love in your heart to accept we all do wrong in this world but that we can learn to live and repent and to accept. Praise the Ollie.. i mean Lord.

Ian Holloway = Holloway once said the only good Bristol City fan is a dead one.

http://www.football.co.uk/everton/everton_fc_boss_david_moyes_relishing_sea-side_clash_with_old_adversary_ian_holloway_rss1499564.shtml

Got to be a NO, city fans would have to re-write 80% song / chant repertoire if he got the job :innocent06:

I just can't see past the GAS connection and it's not like terry cooper, or john ward who had spells

with the gas, holloway grew up on the streets of Bristol with blue blood in his viens and went on to

play and manage for them, it would feel like giving your whole game plan to the opposition.

Well let's be honest, this thread is irrevalant because he would never manage Bristol City. A banjo island gashead at the helm at Ashton Gate? Never in a million years. Look at the shit Millen took and he's a City man; what sort of shit would Holloway get if he wasn't winning week in week out?

And to those who voted in favour of Ian Holloway managing Bristol City: unbelivable.

Exactly. He would be hated by 90% of his new fans and 100% of his former fans. The families of Tinnion and Holloway have both encountered vitriolic abuse from the 'other side' in the past. As if he'd risk that again from pretty much all of the Bristol football public. Anyway, he's Holloway and I would be in the 90%.

Bring him in, quality manager, just what we need at the moment, sort these lazy ass players out!!

I fear that you are living up to your name, my friend.

Just to add a slightly different slant to the "discussion" just say Holloway did get the job, regardless of the City fan reaction, could there be much more a kick in the teeth for the blue side of Bristol's football divide? Their greatest ever hero managing City. Wearing a City tracksuit. Talking about "his City team" week in, week out on National TV.

Once he had kept us in the Championship (which I have no doubt at all that he would) then imagine...just allow yourself to imagine...that he achieved, with our far superior squad and budget, what he managed to achieve with Blackpool? Rovers' favourite son takes City to the promised land! No self respecting Rovers fan would ever, ever, ever chant Holloway's name ever again. Or probably even mention him.

For what it's worth I voted "Yes" on the vote. Not because I don't love my club or any of the other rubbish that people are written but because frankly he is a top manager at this level and has worked wonders on a shoe string budget and with an average squad at Blackpool. I'd take a season in the Prem and Charlie Adam signed for £500k and sold for multiple times that, same with DJ Campbell. If people look past the fact that he once was Mr Rovers they would see that in the cold light of day he should be a front runner for a lot of jobs in the Championship.

I'm sure I'll get battered left, right and centre for this but thought I'd stick my opinion into words rather than just reading everyone else's.

He's never going to manage city! I know we've been ahead of rovers for a while and the rivalry might have been forgotten but he's a rovers legend! If the gas were still at our level and we were playing them every season this poll would be different I hope!

Archived