IGNORED

Ian Holloway

Sampson City Reds

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He optimises everything we hate about the Gas and his feelings towards us is mutual. How any fan of BCFC could want him as manager of our club is beyond all comprehension.

The only good thing that would come of the ridiculous notion is the ability we would have to sing "he's only a poor little gashead......." at every game we play. Now that would be funny!

Right let's get things in perspective.Ian holloway as a football manager would be fantastic for us.

I new Ian from my days living as a teenager in longwell green,Ian would come up from banjo and play footy,what a player then he was on rovers books.yes Ian did play for the gas,however he would manage BCFC and yes I believe he would do us proud.

Oh by the way he would manage us,so don't be put off by the few that say he would not.

Has he applied wait and see,but if Hughes can cross the machester divide,and tevez then he could cross the Bristol divide.

Right let's get things in perspective.Ian holloway as a football manager would be fantastic for us.

I new Ian from my days living as a teenager in longwell green,Ian would come up from banjo and play footy,what a player then he was on rovers books.yes Ian did play for the gas,however he would manage BCFC and yes I believe he would do us proud.

Oh by the way he would manage us,so don't be put off by the few that say he would not.

Has he applied wait and see,but if Hughes can cross the machester divide,and tevez then he could cross the Bristol divide.

Well, that's an amazing statement, because when l spoke to him albeit three years ago, he told me too my face that there was no way he would ever manage City.

It's the only thing that makes watching a smaller club like City worthwhile. We aren't going to play fantastic football that's worth £30 a game and we're not going to be challenging for titles or trophies unless something drastic happens to the club... What we do have is the fierce rivalries and one-upmanship that comes with being the bigger and better club in Bristol (and the south West as a whole)

Those are the victories and glories that make us come back for more and put up with the punishment of being a "lower league" football fan.

If its rivalry that turns you on in football terms nowadays JT - sorry but you would've LOVED the Seventies - easily 90% more, pure rivalry, passion & banter back then mate.

Anyone under 45 really hasnt lived when it comes to the fun of real rivalry - its a bygone era, it was a golden era for football in this country (not talking about the ott violence that often went with it)..

Its a very much watered down & sanitised atmosphere that we live in now.

Football was cheap as chips virtually everyone went & the only millionaires in sight were a few fatcat chairmen. Whether at school, work, down the pub or in many cases around the family dinner table Saturday nights/Sundays & Monday mornings (yep ,we even looked forward to Mondays thanks to football rivalry back then!) football first, then, beer, fags ,music & birds was what kept us going...

It was a joy, almost a religion for many ordinary working class kids & men - it amazes me sometimes how football has changed (mostly not for the better) & yet it still manages to attract & hook so many youngsters today... I wish I was twenty/thirty years younger but on the other hand I wouldnt have wanted to miss out on what we had (& all shared) back then.

(Holloways OTT nonsense in the above video clip was influenced by the times he grew up in as much as anything -thats why you wouldnt see that type of thing going on today, cos non of 'em playing nowadays lived through anything like it.. sponsrship?..endorsements?, image rights? extraordinary money for ordinary players -unheard of back then, with the possible exception of Georgie Best (& even his lifestyle was modest -apart from the parties, booze & birds.- by comparison)... )

Enjoy it for what it is JT - but most of it is manufactured hype today, rather than the real thing of the past.

I can't believe the split is nearly 50/50

I can honestly say if that parasite ever became city manager I would not go and watch city until he left.

Utter scumbag in his younger day, dumbass media whore as he gets older.

If he was appointed it would split the club and support so badly I would hate to think how long it would take to repair.

FFS another thread on this?

Im shocked/disturbed/horrified that 103 of our ''fans'' would actually want him. What the fo0k is wrong with some people?

He isn't even a decent manager either IMO. People forget all the other shite jobs he did at other clubs and just focus on what he did at Blackpool (which in my book was just a fluky couple of season's).

Bottom line is he is a Gas legend who hates the club and has publicly ridiculed BCFC and our fans (see the video for the fools that dont know what im talking about).

I can tell you now i would boycott City for as long as he is in charge if he became manager. Think im alone on that? Think again,thousand would think/do the same.

Do you know Ian or was this in passing?

It was at Jury's Hotel, when he did some after dinner speaking alongside GJ. I asked him this specific question towards the end of the evening.

I personally think he is a really nice bloke and a top manager. It's a real shame there is so much history, because ( and rightly so l believe) some City fans will not be willing to forgive and forget old rivalries.

Perhaps l am beIng a bit childish about some name calling, but l fear for many it runs deeper than that.

Worked ok with mcleish at villa. Look at all this protests now nothing. I just want the best man fir the job, whoever that is.

Mcleish is Scottish and has no tie's to either Birmingham Club.

Holloway is staunch gas, born and raised in gas land and is a hero in there fans eyes. Please dont compare it to Mcleish, it is TOTALLY different.

I new Ian from my days living as a teenager in longwell green

Me too (although I'm from Oldland originally) - I played for Longwell Green in the Hanham Minor, u12's, 13's and then the u15's. Hollowhead was freinds with our manager and he used to help coach us on a thurs night round the back of LG community centre under the floodlights. It was just after his Daughters were born and I remember him turning up in a VW Beetle whilst his wife/gf looked after his daughters in the Car Park during the summer or took them home on dark nights.

He was a gas-head then and used to make us kids who liked City (we were in a minority 'casue it was a Gas side of Bristol thanks to them playing at Trumpton) do extra laps of the tennis courts.

The inter-rivalry growing up in the early 90's is something is miss desperately, and I for one will not step foot in Ashton Gate if that horrible **** is appointed. He is 100% gas and blue who earned his trade playing and supporting them, this isn't about a premadonna striker on £250k a week moving from United to City, this is grass roots inter-rivalry that lasts decades.

For those of you who were too young, or have forgotten, may I remind you of this:

He's gas through and through, always has been always will be. If anybody thinks he would have the best intention of the club to heart

you are very much mistaken.

That was over 20 years ago!! Let it go man...

I'm sure he's changed and mellowed since then.

He wouldnt be on my wish list but rather him than cotterill of robins.

HOW THE **** IS THIS A 50/50 DECISION?!?!?!?!?!?!

I am guessing many people who voted are still relatively young and don't know the history of Ollie and city and their fans. All they have seen is a funny little man spouting rubbish on tv. Probably comes across like that nice little old wise cracking Uncle that everyone likes.

If the majority of people voting for him are old un's then I am lost for words!

Me too (although I'm from Oldland originally) - I played for Longwell Green in the Hanham Minor, u12's, 13's and then the u15's. Hollowhead was freinds with our manager and he used to help coach us on a thurs night round the back of LG community centre under the floodlights. It was just after his Daughters were born and I remember him turning up in a VW Beetle whilst his wife/gf looked after his daughters in the Car Park during the summer or took them home on dark nights.

He was a gas-head then and used to make us kids who liked City (we were in a minority 'casue it was a Gas side of Bristol thanks to them playing at Trumpton) do extra laps of the tennis courts.

The inter-rivalry growing up in the early 90's is something is miss desperately, and I for one will not step foot in Ashton Gate if that horrible **** is appointed. He is 100% gas and blue who earned his trade playing and supporting them, this isn't about a premadonna striker on £250k a week moving from United to City, this is grass roots inter-rivalry that lasts decades.

So sad,we all have grown up,yes the bitter rivalry between us city and gas was 100% worse 25 years ago.I remember real rivalry today it is no where near as bad.

We have all matured,including Ian,I tell you something he would be a hero if he got city playing like blackpool the season they went up.what worry me some of our clowns would jump on his back if it got a bit sticky.

But one thing for sure he would put 100% in managing our club.

Many managers and players have cross divides,but if that person does well then all is well.

That was over 20 years ago!! Let it go man...

I'm sure he's changed and mellowed since then.

He wouldnt be on my wish list but rather him than cotterill of robins.

He's still a nasty little bastard, just got himself a jovial little persona for national TV. Speak to him in person and let on you are a city fan, as long as there is no one in ear shot you will find out the real Holloway, he hasn't change. Filthy arrogant little man.

Why you taking that rovers shirt out the bin for?

I also have a memory of ian holloway when i was younger, not very pleasant either. I can remember there was this social due at our local village club, Rovers were invited as guests. There was a lot of anti city songs sung, some of them very nasty and holloway was leading the way, he is an utter scumbag. If i was old enough i would have nutted him.

I am starting to wonder if a load of gas heads have signed up to this forum and voted yes to wind us up?

Worked ok with mcleish at villa. Look at all this protests now nothing. I just want the best man fir the job, whoever that is.

Mcleish is Scottish and has no tie's to either Birmingham Club.

Holloway is staunch gas, born and raised in gas land and is a hero in there fans eyes. Please dont compare it to Mcleish, it is TOTALLY different.

You beat me to it 'bris red'. It's completely different!

If we appointed him and got promoted id be intrested how many 'il throw my season ticket away if he's appointed' wud be searching the bins to renew their ticket.

Some things are more important than football results. Maybe we would get a whole lot of new supporters. But a lot of the older ones would go.

It would make no difference to me. Ollie in charge I will not step foot inside AG

Why you taking that rovers shirt out the bin for?

I also have a memory of ian holloway when i was younger, not very pleasant either. I can remember there was this social due at our local village club, Rovers were invited as guests. There was a lot of anti city songs sung, some of them very nasty and holloway was leading the way, he is an utter scumbag. If i was old enough i would have nutted him.

I am starting to wonder if a load of gas heads have signed up to this forum and voted yes to wind us up?

I am 48,have watched city from aged 5/6,have held a ST for 13 consecutive seasons with my sons,have followed city all over the country to some god forsaken places,travelling back in the night having to be up the next day for work,business.

Look at my profile been on this site since it started,and the previous site before.

So certainly no gas head,red till I die.

My preference is Billy Davies,followed by Dave Jones.after that have to say Ian holloway would be a good third.

Archived