IGNORED

Ian Holloway

Sampson City Reds

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will go along with whoever Sexton and the rest of the board decide.

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

:no:

But not Holloway.

+1

All this about people not going if so-and so is appointed manager is ridiculous, but if ever this <insert whatever expletive you like here> is ever employed by our club I will not be attending games despite being a season ticket holder

I cant believe City fans....50/50 for this horrible sag scum w**ker!

What the **** is going on!

....and people on here still argue that this forum gives a genuine reflection of the feelings of the majority of Bristol City fans?!?! :nono:

I agree with your sentiments towards the ****. Definite NO vote from me, given the choice.

I don't think I could set foot in the stadium if he was in charge.

You can say that it's small minded, pathetic and childish but having a rivalry with the teams in your locality is what football is/should be about. Hollowhead is and always will be "Bristol Rovers" He epitomises all I dislike about them and supporting him would completely kill the fundamentals of football for me.

If it wasn't about rivalries and competition with people down the road for bragging rights then I might as well watch the superior football from the Prem on the TV.

NO TO SKELETOR.

There would be simmering tension during good form & death threats when we lose a few. Why put our club in that position in the first place when other capable candidates are available?

On reflection..

I'm sure you are correct - it just wouldnt work, a marriage made in hell for all concerned.

ps: ...cant believe there are still Bristol City fans out there called Ian - most changed their name by deedpoll years ago !! :)

I don't think I could set foot in the stadium if he was in charge.

You can say that it's small minded, pathetic and childish but having a rivalry with the teams in your locality is what football is/should be about. Hollowhead is and always will be "Bristol Rovers" He epitomises all I dislike about them and supporting him would completely kill the fundamentals of football for me.

If it wasn't about rivalries and competition with people down the road for bragging rights then I might as well watch the superior football from the Prem on the TV.

NO TO SKELETOR.

Bang on Sausage, as I should've put in my earlier reply - if R*vers and H*lloway weren't around, we'd have to invent them. Everyone needs a local rival, something to 'hate'

Absolutely not. Can't believe it's even being asked. I refer to previous posts by both me and Harry. Plus he's had more failures than promotions if you look at the facts, not to mention that capitulation of the g*s from clear up top to not even making the play offs

Indeed Macca Matt.

Can we please please stop this nonsense. This comes up every few weeks and it is beginning to annoy the **** out of me.

I refer you all to my post of 3rd October (and countless other times - I've reverted to copy and paste now!!), and hope the message will eventually get through (i.e. he's gas scum and a horrible little **** with it).............

"I don't know how many times I've had to tell this story on this forum, and how long it will take some people to understand how much of a **** he is, but I'll say again :

When I was 11 years old I lived in Longwell Green. Holloway's mum lived 3 doors up from me. Holloway was captain of Rovers at the time (i.e. in what should be a respectable position and "face" of the club. My mother drove me down to Banjo Island (Park Estate for those of you without the local knowledge!). I jumped out of the car and walked into a shop to buy a packet of crisps - I was wearing my City shirt. As I came back out of the shop and got back in the car, my mum asked me a simple question. "What's a S.**thead?" she asked. Of course, I was shocked that my mother would ask such a question, and she knew nothing about football, and City. She went on to say that the bloke over there just called me a s.**head behind my back. I looked over and it was Holloway. He'd walked behind me to the post-office and mouthed the words effing s.**head behind my back. I remind you...I was 11 years old.

Quite how anyone would want such a horrible little man as our manager I'll never know, and for me it's personal. The quote highlighted above is 100% wrong. This is a man who does have a hatred towards our club, and I for one will never ever set foot anywhere near the Gate if he was ever appointed.

I'd like to ask those people who are calling for him to answer me one thing. If he'd verbally abused your child for supporting City, would you want him as your manager? I'd guess not. As a fellow City fan, and part of our very own big City family, I'd politely ask you to consider me to be one of your sons/brothers and respect my wishes to give this little git a very wide berth.

Oh...and please please please do not applaud him again when he comes to the Gate. I've never felt so ashamed!! "

WTF!!!!! People voting for that horrible little ***T must have a short memory or not old enough to remember the things that he said about us. I wont forget nor forgive no matter how long ago it was, and the day he is manager of our club is the day i walk away!!!!

Bang on Sausage, as I should've put in my earlier reply - if R*vers and H*lloway weren't around, we'd have to invent them. Everyone needs a local rival, something to 'hate'

It's the only thing that makes watching a smaller club like City worthwhile. We aren't going to play fantastic football that's worth £30 a game and we're not going to be challenging for titles or trophies unless something drastic happens to the club... What we do have is the fierce rivalries and one-upmanship that comes with being the bigger and better club in Bristol (and the south West as a whole)

Those are the victories and glories that make us come back for more and put up with the punishment of being a "lower league" football fan.

To be fair, they were never accepted because the first signing they made was Peter Beadle who, whilst did well for us, was an indication of how they were looking to have us playing. The dirge served up by those two was shockingly bad. They'd have been accepted if they weren't playing a shite style of football (this is sounding all too familiar!)

Interesting definition of "did well" he scored 14 goals in three and a half seasons.

He was rubbish, like nearly all of Pulis's signings.

The ONLY plus point would be that we could still belt our our glorious "Cheer Up Holloway...." chant when playing badly.

I can't believe the split on the poll (not Pole, that's a whole other story), If it wasn't for the fact that Sagheads cant use 'puters, I'd think we'd been infiltrated by the buggers.

I think there's history on both sides with the 'Tale of Hollowhead'. Didn't some of our finest cause his family grief which overstepped the mark by a wide margin, particularly mindful of his daughters situation? If those incidents were prior to him upping the anti to us ... his behavior/attitude to us back then at least is understandable and, in my view, more than forgivable.

Got to say I admire his passion and approach... but don't think it would be a wise appointment and uncertain on the football side whether he's the strongest candidate anyhow from those that have been mentioned.

Good job this place only represents a tiny tiny minority of City supporters.

Does it though?

I would've thought it was a pretty good indicator. Opinion polls work in the same way.

I'm not sure what's more depressing - the fact that half on here would have him, or the fact they can't see the shitstorm it would create.

.. and it might be worth playing that video to our current bunch of passionless wasters and journeymen.

THIS IS WHAT A DERBY RESULT MEANS TO US BRISTOLIANS AND SODDING REMEMBER IT WHEN YOU PULL ON OUR RED SHIRT NEXT TIME YOU PLAY CARDIFF et al.

Does it though?

I would've thought it was a pretty good indicator. Opinion polls work in the same way.

I'm not sure what's more depressing - the fact that half on here would have him, or the fact they can't see the shitstorm it would create.

Course it is. How many post regularly out of all the forum members? The majority of those posters are very busy jumping on whatever band wagon happens to be passing by at the time.

Not representative of the wider fan base

I cant believe City fans....50/50 for this horrible sag scum w**ker!

What the **** is going on!

When i saw how close the poll was I genuinely felt ashamed. What the f ** k is going on?!

Very well said. My thoughts exactly.

Archived