IGNORED

Ian Holloway

Sampson City Reds

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just to add a slightly different slant to the "discussion" just say Holloway did get the job, regardless of the City fan reaction, could there be much more a kick in the teeth for the blue side of Bristol's football divide? Their greatest ever hero managing City. Wearing a City tracksuit. Talking about "his City team" week in, week out on National TV.

Once he had kept us in the Championship (which I have no doubt at all that he would) then imagine...just allow yourself to imagine...that he achieved, with our far superior squad and budget, what he managed to achieve with Blackpool? Rovers' favourite son takes City to the promised land! No self respecting Rovers fan would ever, ever, ever chant Holloway's name ever again. Or probably even mention him.

For what it's worth I voted "Yes" on the vote. Not because I don't love my club or any of the other rubbish that people are written but because frankly he is a top manager at this level and has worked wonders on a shoe string budget and with an average squad at Blackpool. I'd take a season in the Prem and Charlie Adam signed for £500k and sold for multiple times that, same with DJ Campbell. If people look past the fact that he once was Mr Rovers they would see that in the cold light of day he should be a front runner for a lot of jobs in the Championship.

I'm sure I'll get battered left, right and centre for this but thought I'd stick my opinion into words rather than just reading everyone else's.

Good post , bloody brave as well !!!

Question was - "would you welcome him" not "do you want him"

I dont want him as city manager - but if he was to become city manager I would accept him....

It would mean he would have left a very good job at blackpool, so would be serious about making a success out of his time here AND more importantly, he is a very good manager.

Also, he may have said things - but fans have chanted things about his 3 deaf daughters, so if he is big enough to let that go, I can let go of the things he has said.....

This is IF he comes and thats a big IF.

Otherwise.... he's a **** :winner_third_h4h:

He's never going to manage city! I know we've been ahead of rovers for a while and the rivalry might have been forgotten but he's a rovers legend! If the gas were still at our level and we were playing them every season this poll would be different I hope!

Very different I would imagine.

This is quite alarming!

We have to find the next CITY manager & people are willing to accept this blue turd!

Why dont we try and lure Pulis back? Unbloodybelievable!!

If Lansdown's puppet Sextoy employs this scrote then Fack me.

Would that be the same pulis that has turned a very ordinary Stoke side in the championship into an established prem side who are now also playing in Europe!

The same holloway who guided a very very ordinary Blackpool side to the Premier League...

Why would we want successful winners as manager when we can have Sean o'driscoll or mark robins .

Would that be the same pulis that has turned a very ordinary Stoke side in the championship into an established prem side who are now also playing in Europe!

The same holloway who guided a very very ordinary Blackpool side to the Premier League...

Why would we want successful winners as manager when we can have Sean o'driscoll or mark robins .

I want a successful manager at City but not a ex Rovers w@nk£R!

I dont want any of the 4 you mentioned thank you.

Billy Davies/Dave Jones for me, both but have what we need IMO.

The results of this poll are very upsetting for me.

I wasn't even alive in the Holloway era, but still know what he represents. It seems football rivalries don't matter to the the majority.

Exactly. Football is about rivalries, supporting your tam, hating other teams, certain players and managers. It is also about history. All this namby pamby bs about Hollway beiong a great manager, a motivator, just what we want for our team is unbelievable!

Add this to the fact he is a nasty scrote, not that a successful manager (more relegations than promotions) and a media whore, all be it an embarassing media Whore. I fail to see why anyone would want him near this club. There is nothing endearing or likablke about him. His manegerial stats are nothing to shout home about. A lucky promotion to the prem, and yes it was lucky. A year in the prem where he changed his usual phylosophy and went attacking which made them look good on Match of the day highlights better than they actually were

Rovers When it was easier to get promoted automatically he got them to finish place outside the playoffs failure, took rovers to the play offs and surrendered a 3-1 lead to lose 4-3 on aggregate Failure

QPR relegation Failure

QPR promotion Positive good achievement but with a big club in a small pond

QPR 2 seasons midtable then Gardening leave for trying to get a move to Leicester behind the boards back.. Failure and underhanded true colours of the man showing through

Plymouth again angled for a move to Leicester, letting fans and Chaiman down again, lying badly along the way, in which he admitted later in his career when at Blackpool, again showing his true colours.. Failure

Leicester the club he seemed to want to be at all along, relegation...Failure

Blackpool Promotion in his first season, good achievement, fantastic achievement in fact small team low wages etc etc.

Blackpool 2nd season relegation..Failure

Blackpool this season, Just below play offs, time will tell.

All in all the failures lying and scheming far outweight the positives of Holloway's magerial carrer. But don't let that get in the way of him supposedly being a good manager.

He's never going to manage city! I know we've been ahead of rovers for a while and the rivalry might have been forgotten but he's a rovers legend! If the gas were still at our level and we were playing them every season this poll would be different I hope!

If he becomes our next manager :argh: Rovers will have agent Holloway. mmmmmmmmmmm :w00t:

The results of this poll are very upsetting for me.

I wasn't even alive in the Holloway era, but still know what he represents. It seems football rivalries don't matter to the the majority.

Walk into a South Bristol City pub and tell the locals you think Holloway should be Citys manager people would think you were a nutcase. This forum does not represent any majority.

As a 44 year old City fan, this berk represents EVERYTHING I despise about the pikeys up the road.

I accept he has done a wonderful job at Blackpool and appears to be becoming a decent manager but NO WAY could I accept Mr Bristol R**ers as City boss!

A massive NO from me!

The same Pulis whose City side served up abysmal football and signed more injured players than any manager in the history of football and the same Ian Holloway who Blackpool aside has a very ordinary managerial cv and is the male equivalent of Vicky Pollard. Why would we want those City hating gas bastards when we could appoint ann untainted manager??

Archived